do you still live in your HOMETOWN?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
youngEINSTEIN Said:yes. long beach, ca.peace, stein. . .

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yep, and I always will.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Helllllll to the naw!!!! I could never live in my hometown, Fayetteville, NC, again. I left in '93 never to dwell again (only visitar mis padres). I now dwell in Somerset, NJ.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yes, born at Alta Bates Hospital in Berkeley, CA. Now live five blocks away.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yes. I both love AND hate that I do though.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    No but I live real close. I grew up in Tacoma, WA about 30 miles south of my place here in Seattle. I still get to Tacoma often to visit my mom and eat good Mexican food.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Nope. It's a big world out there, boys.

b/w

Paging Spelunk

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Yeah and my hometown still lives in me!

• dayday 9,611 Posts

That's why you travel! I'm a desert dude so this has gotta be homebase. My mom was born here, I was born here, my wife was born here and my kids were born here. This is home

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

That's why you travel! I'm a desert dude so this has gotta be homebase. My mom was born here, I was born here, my wife was born here and my kids were born here. This is home

I travel a lot, have lived a lot of places, and haven't lived in my hometown since 1993. But I still miss it regularly. My folks are there, three of my five siblings are there, a niece and a nephew are there, a lot of things I love are there.

So I get what Day is saying on a very fundamental level.

JRoot

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Sadly, no.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    No, and none of my family lives in Bakersfield anymore either, so I haven't been back in a long time.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    No, I have moved so often, that the simple question "Where're you from?" has become hard to answer.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Sort of. I live about 10 miles from where I grew up. I'm in Chicago, and I grew up in Oak Park which is directly west of Chicago.

I'm only a quarter Italian, but my family has the "live close together" thing going on strong regardless. My brother lives maybe a couple miles from me. My sister's in Seattle, but she might move back at some point. I'm real close to my parents, so it's hard to imagine living far away from them.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

i've never left. never thought i'd be one of 'those' people, but alas... i guess it's a good sign: if things had ever got really shitty here, i would have left. but life has been pretty good.

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    i've ended up wanting to move back here to albuquerque after living a few different places on both coasts. i appreciate it so much more.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Been here my whole life, look's like that's how it's gon' be too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Of my friends I grew up with those who left our hometown were all pretty successful.

Those who stayed can be found on the same barstool, in the same pub, on the same nights that they have frequented for the last 30 years.

It's nearly impossible to own a home where I grew up and many of those who stayed wound up living in their parents home....even after they were married with kids.

I can't think of a living hell worse than that.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    born and raised in the sfv. to live and die in la.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Montreal, and don't plan on leaving any time soon.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    So far yeah but I'm going to move sooner or later.
    Looking at the PNW right now.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    moved back to my hometown after 10/12 years away...most of the time was in Fort Worth, TX with a couple short stints in Los Angeles and Paris. There are great things and shitty things about it, but the great things outweigh the shitty.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    No, but most of my best friends still live there or close by and I do wish I were closer so I could see them more often.

My friends and family are the only thing I miss from home. Moving away and starting a new life with my wife has been a wonderful experience.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Yup, down the block from where I grew up.

• Options
    No, and sorely miss homebase from time to time. I go back once or twice a year.

I have tried to convince the wifey to move some place where the weather is nice all year round. No dice.
    I have not been successful in negotiating anal sex with her either.

:why must I cry: