Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Wow, this film features

Werner Herzog
    Nick Cage
    Val Kilmer
    Eva Mendes
    Exzibit

and tons of coke/crack-smoking. Automatic Oscar-material.

Is it me or does this look like it was filmed with a home video cameral?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Nicolas Cage needs to shut his act-hole....

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    "Shoot him again his soul is still dancing"

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

YOOOOOO, I am so psyched for this. The scene where he puts the gun to the little old lady's head?!?!?! this shit is gonna be outrageous. The dude that made the original said that Herzog should go to hell. In typical fashion Herzog responded "I've never heard of Abe Ferrera (or whatever dudes' name is) and I've never seen his film."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

YOOOOOO, I am so psyched for this. The scene where he puts the gun to the little old lady's head?!?!?! this shit is gonna be outrageous. The dude that made the original said that Herzog should go to hell. In typical fashion Herzog responded "I've never heard of Abe Ferrera (or whatever dudes' name is) and I've never seen his film."

Here's the excerpt

Speaking of which, the original film's director, Abel Ferrara, has vowed to fight this project, and ???

Wonderful, yes! Let him fight! He thinks I'm doing a remake.

Have you talked to him?

No. I have no idea who Abel Ferrara is. But let him fight the windmills, like Don Quixote.

Have you heard his comments at all? He says he hopes "these people die in Hell."

That's beautiful!

Do you relate to that passion?

No, because it's like theater thunder. It's like being backstage in the 19th century, with the machines that make thunder. It has nothing do with with his film. But let him rave and rant; it's good music in the background.

You did a remake before with Nosferatu, but ???

It was not so much a remake as an homage to Murnau. But I don't feel like doing an homage to Abel Ferrara because I don't know what he did ??? I've never seen a film by him. I have no idea who he is. Is he Italian? Is he French? Who is he?

Oh, come on.

Maybe I could invite him to act in a movie! Except I don't know what he looks like.

That's what we here call "no behavior"

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Herzog is THE boss.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    That looks like the most un-Herzog thing Herzog has ever done = should be interesting..

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts

lol, i read these quotes before watching the trailer. i was like "no, there could be something poetic about that" then seeing the dude breakdancing in the clip = WTF LOL

also, did the harmonica in the trailer remind anyone else of this:

• I want to give it the benefit of the doubt because I dig Herzog, but Nic Cage is just.... urgh.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I want to give it the benefit of the doubt because I dig Herzog, but Nic Cage is just.... urgh.

yeah nicholas cage is a truly awful choice.
    i would have gone for Bruno M.

but seriously - are we 100% sure that this film is by Herzog?
    if so, i'm kind of depressed after watching this trailer.

maybe Mickey Rourke just wasn't available.
    so i'll just go watch Angel Heart instead.