poast a scene from a movie

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    and can anyone explain to me how they shot this? mind you, this is pre-cgi days:

How is La Haine "pre-cgi"? Shit was shot in 1995! Pretty sure they had special effects at the time.

bad wording on my part. Yes, cgi was around in '95, but a low-budget independent film (such as La Haine) most likely could not have afforded it then.

anyway, Im guessing a two-way mirror?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    and can anyone explain to me how they shot this? mind you, this is pre-cgi days:
    Two actors, no mirror.

• and can anyone explain to me how they shot this? mind you, this is pre-cgi days:

the over the shoulder shot is a body double, and we then zoom into vince standing on the other side of a cut out bathroom mirror. no cgi.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    FLOYD!!!

Flying debris!!!! Amazing!!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    FLOYD!!!

Flying debris!!!! Amazing!!

this is finally coming out on region 1 this month.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Chop Chop vs Keithy George.... Classic scene, plus I love the green tinge they have going...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts

HOW MANY SYLLABLES MARIO?HOW MANY SYLLABLES MARIO?HOW MANY SYLLABLES MARIO?

oh i gotta see this again!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

Super latte pass (I know).
    I finally watched this the other night, and was with it all the way until the last scene, in which the dark meditation on hatred and greed turned suddenly into a Roadrunner cartoon. WTF???

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    fusking netflix. neither of those movies are on there.

what's the story with "golden boat"?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    ct>

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Very chatty, disconnected and just a hair away from being surreal movie by Raoul (sometimes spelled Raul) Ruiz - he's made a barrel of films; Three Lives and Only One Death, On Top of The Whale and Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting are other great ones.

It has Jim Jarmusch, Barbet Schroeder, Annie Sprinkle and Kathy Acker (RIP) in it and is a New York art film, philosophical thriller, love story and Spanish soap opera rolled into one. I've watched it about 10 times and I don't even know why anymore, other than it's addictive lol. It's more fun that how I just described it too.

How's your local video store? Maybe one with a wider odder selection will have them?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Since the dvd finally came out yesterday

• little bit grainy footage, but one of the best endings ever....

• on a lighter note....

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

How's your local video store? Maybe one with a wider odder selection will have them?
    theres only one video store in dallas that i know of that specializes in arthouse/foreign flicks. any dallas strutters know of any others still operating besides premier's?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts