It's official: The Internet is boring

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Says me. WTF people. What happened to the good old days when Cyberspace needed a lexicon for your coffee table (aside: is this book worth anything now?)or you could put a guide book in your backpack when traveling the Info SuperhighwayNow I'm just looking for radio podcasts that don't suck because the radio f*cking sucks and all.Oh and it's f*cking cold here. Mid May and I spent all this time making the garden nice and it's cold. Later

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

How will that help?

Please reply in list format (top 5)

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i'm kinda bored with the internet too bro
    might have to start trolling again or something

How will that help?

1. Hot girls hollering in the comments sections

2. Higher quality spam through linked e-mail address

3. Less Internet downtime as you search for synonyms for "fantastic," "flames" and "terdulent"

4. Can tell people you are "in the same line of work as Oliver Wang"

5. Another place to post photos of records nobody cares about

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

How will that help?

1. Hot girls hollering in the comments sections

2. Higher quality spam through linked e-mail address

3. Less Internet downtime as you search for synonyms for "fantastic," "flames" and "terdulent"

4. Can tell people you are "in the same line of work as Oliver Wang"

5. Another place to post photos of records nobody cares about

1 & 2 sold it for me, although I think you may be lying about 1.

By 4 and 5 I was back to feeling apathetic.

Look 150 views already and 7 replies.... boring. Unless that's mostly Mr Wang repeatedly previewing his essay-length response

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Look 150 views already and 7 replies.... boring. Unless that's mostly Mr Wang repeatedly previewing his essay-length response

Hah! It has been slow lately. I just dissed soccer in another thread and couldn't get a rise out of anybody.

P.S. - Soccer is really boring.

Hah! It has been slow lately. I just dissed soccer in another thread and couldn't get a rise out of anybody.

I used to pay to watch that shit either at the pub or on Foxesportsworld. Now I have better things to do in life. Whatever they are...

But if anyone in Brooklyn needs some goalie practice give me a shout!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Yer, you did it wrong.

You called it "soccer" which immediately null and voids any opinion you later put forward on the subject.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

the internet is nauseating

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Yer, you're did it wrong.

You called it "soccer" which immediately null and voids any opinion you later put forward on the subject.

Damn! For real, though, footy is boring, and its fans are racists.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

What's up with the color correction? I don't rock any fuschia shirts!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

What's up with the color correction? I don't rock any fuschia shirts!

It just makes you sexy like faux_rillz.

and its ok, i enjoy your textbook length replies.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

For real, though, footy hockey[/b] is boring, and its fans are racists.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Says me. WTF people. What happened to the good old days when Cyberspace needed a lexicon for your coffee table (aside: is this book worth anything now? or you could put a guide book in your backpack when traveling the Info Superhighway

Now I'm just looking for radio podcasts that don't suck because the radio f*cking sucks and all.

Oh and it's f*cking cold here. Mid May and I spent all this time making the garden nice and it's cold.

Later

Says me. WTF people. What happened to the good old days when Cyberspace needed a lexicon for your coffee table (aside: is this book worth anything now? or you could put a guide book in your backpack when traveling the Info Superhighway

Now I'm just looking for radio podcasts that don't suck because the radio f*cking sucks and all.

Oh and it's f*cking cold here. Mid May and I spent all this time making the garden nice and it's cold.

Later

POST A BEAT OR A MIX OR SOMETHING MR LEG-ENDARY UP IN HERE

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha day, i totally need that image for the other board

haha day, i totally need that image for the other board

Yeah, stick it to the kickballers

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    u mad

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    and its ok, i enjoy your textbook length replies.

Now you've done it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    From now on, only Twitter-length posts!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    From now on, only Twitter-length posts!

f*cking twitter.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I think you need to start a good old fashion Strut soundclash.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Soccer is really boring.

But Futbol is fun!

and yeah the net is boring, but work is worse...

Soccer is really boring.

But Futbol is fun!

I thought you Aussies were the only other country that still
    does call it soccer - just like the Brits used to.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    The Brits have always called it Football, as far as I know, and they introduced it to countries like Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina (where Im from). The word got bastardised to 'futbol'. I thought it was only US heads that called it Soccer....

And in Australia it is better known as 'Wogball'.... (real ethnic heads know the deal!!!)

The word "soccer" comes from the original name of the game "Association Football" or more precisely from its abbreviation Assoc. Assoc. was a slang term used in UK universities from about 1889. It later became socca, socker (1891) and finally evolved into soccer (1895).

The Football Association was founded in London in October 1863 by eleven clubs/schools. The Association agreed upon a standard set of rules prohibiting use of the hands or carrying the ball. The clubs which opposed this rule eventually broke away conceiving their own version of the game - rugby.

At that time, Rugger meant "rugby rules" football while soccer meant "association rules" football.