Star Trek - ok, who went?

Comments

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    regarding the possibility of a TV show, Paramount has said that the TV side of Star Trek is done with and they will only do movies from now on. But who knows? Famous last words right?

also, there is an indy film "The Hunt For Gollum" out there.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    i refuse to watch anything where they replace a japanese actor with a korean one
    george takei should have protested that shit

And they filled the Scottish Scotty role with Simon Pegg. A Brit!

The gall! Scots stand up and be counted!

• masarumasaru 63 Posts
    They've also got Americans playing Vulcans! WTF!

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    seriously tho, how was that dude playing spock?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My kid watches the Star Wars cartoon. He's 10. You're not the demographic they're aiming at, which is probably why you don't know anyone that catches it.

Actually my Sci-fi homie used to watch it w/ his kid but they both lost interest.

Ill have to disagree that the Cartoon is just for young kids. They know that dudes my age, who are heads and are still interested in the mythology, will check for this. Its far from the Ewoks Cartoon.

BattleStar Galactica(first season) had a serious buzz w/ sci-fi/comic fans and casual tv watchers. Same w/ the first season of Heroes.

They've all fizzled out.

With "Heroes" yes. Not with B.G. That show did pretty solid numbers throughout its four seasons and the final season was on par with the first season. And along the way, it was steadily hyped. I never even watched it myself but I had any number of people gush over its greatness more consistently than "comparable" shows like "Heroes" or even "Lost" (the latter having lost a lot of folks during its pretty wack 3rd season).

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    i refuse to watch anything where they replace a japanese actor with a korean one

Sorry sir, have to correct you on that one. 'Brit' would include a Scottish person. What you should have wrote was 'Limey', 'English-type' or 'Silly English Kerrrrrnigget'

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Deleted Scene pics of Shatner in the film are already hitting the net.

http://yawoot.com/post/3145

LOL

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts

I mentioned this to my friend who is a Star Trek fan and he pointed out that James Doohan (the OG Scotty) is not Scottish either, he is Canadian..

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Rachel nichols (green orion slave girl) and Zoe in 2005..?

- spidey

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    I'd rather get punched in the dik

Yeah, the hell with the Trek. Essential Headz will be checking for what is sure to be the Greatest Movie Ever Made:

that looks freakin awesome

Sorry sir, have to correct you on that one. 'Brit' would include a Scottish person. What you should have wrote was 'Limey', 'English-type' or 'Silly English Kerrrrrnigget'

Or perhaps "Wanker?"

I thought the term Brit was for someone from Great Britain. I stand corrected.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Or perhaps "Wanker?"

Brit is a term for someone from Great Britain. Here is a map of Great Britain:

Or perhaps "Wanker?"

Brit is a term for someone from Great Britain. Here is a map of Great Britain:

Wow. My adventures in American ignorance continue. I thought Great Britain was England and the United Kingdom was what is pictured in that map.

So what is the United Kingdom then? Great Britain? Obviously I have no idea what's what need knowledging.

And does this mean that a person from Scotland can be referred to as "British?"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

As a Facebook-identified "proper Glaswegian", I can tell you that you can do it, but it's not recommended.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Wow. My adventures in American ignorance continue. I thought Great Britain was England and the United Kingdom was what is pictured in that map.

So what is the United Kingdom then? Great Britain? Obviously I have no idea what's what need knowledging.

Yes. It can get confusing. You've got England, Wales, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Then you also have Britain, Great Britain, United Kingdom and the Commonwealth countries.
    Wikipedia has it nailed down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain

Yes. It can get confusing. You've got England, Wales, Scotland, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Then you also have Britain, Great Britain, United Kingdom and the Commonwealth countries.
    Wikipedia has it nailed down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain

Cool, thank you.

This is kinda embarrassing. It's one of those things that I thought I had right that I never bothered to check, you know?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That's funny, because the scene that most made me think of Star Wars
    - or more precisely, Empire Strikes Back, which I guess is why it isn't
    in the video - was when Kirk is exiled to the planet Hoth

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    saw it last night and really enjoyed it. looking forward to the next one. also the gi joe and transformers trailers.

my childhood never ends...

To be fair, how many films have ripped off The Hero's Journey?

Star Wars = The Seven Samurai in space!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

Actually, Star Wars = Hidden Fortress in space.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Saw it tonight in IMAX with the gf who'd only seen one episode of the OG series. We both liked the movie and it made her want to see more Nimoy/Shatner era adventures and the inevitable movie sequel. I thought they handled the continuity issue well, the casting was great, and the twists on the characters brought some freshness to the (cough) enterprise. Nero was indeed a dull villain but it was a great popcorn movie all around. Thumbs up.

Actually, Star Wars = Hidden Fortress in space.

Yeah, I got my Kurosawa films mixed up. Though, to be fair, Star Wars draws narrative elements from both.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just got back from the theater. The movie was GREAT! And this is coming from somebody who thinks sci-fi movies (for the most part) are far-fetched. (What can I say? I'm more into singing animals and fairy princesses!)

I am gonna have nightmares of the vaginasaurus that attacked Kirk on Planet Icevill though. (Hi Day!)

Just got back from the theater. The movie was GREAT! And this is coming from somebody who thinks sci-fi movies (for the most part) are far-fetched. (What can I say? I'm more into singing animals and fairy princesses!)

I am gonna have nightmares of the vaginasaurus that attacked Kirk on Planet Icevill though. (Hi Day!)

I heard that the art director for that monster actually used the *other* hole as the basis for his creation.

I heard that the art director for that monster actually used the *other* hole as the basis for his creation.

So would you say that on this project the art direction pretty much disappeared up its own asshole?

So would you say that on this project the art direction pretty much disappeared up its own asshole?

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    looking forward to the next one. also the gi joe and transformers trailers.

Those movies look terrible. They showed the two trailers back-to-back before Star Trek, and I couldn't tell when one preview ended and the other began. Glad Star Trek didn't become an over-CGI'd Michael Bay crapfest.