Star Trek - ok, who went?

13»

Comments

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Just got back from the theater. The movie was GREAT! And this is coming from somebody who thinks sci-fi movies (for the most part) are far-fetched. (What can I say? I'm more into singing animals and fairy princesses!)

I am gonna have nightmares of the vaginasaurus that attacked Kirk on Planet Icevill though. (Hi Day!)

I heard that the art director for that monster actually used the *other* hole as the basis for his creation.

So would you say that on this project the art direction pretty much disappeared up its own asshole?

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitresses, folks.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    looking forward to the next one. also the gi joe and transformers trailers.

Those movies look terrible. They showed the two trailers back-to-back before Star Trek, and I couldn't tell when one preview ended and the other began. Glad Star Trek didn't become an over-CGI'd Michael Bay crapfest.

I get why Transformers works as a high-concept film. I mean, it's the Transfuckingformers. But I don't get why people thought the first film was remotely watchable. It made Armageddon look like 2001.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    looking forward to the next one. also the gi joe and transformers trailers.

Those movies look terrible. They showed the two trailers back-to-back before Star Trek, and I couldn't tell when one preview ended and the other began. Glad Star Trek didn't become an over-CGI'd Michael Bay crapfest.

I get why Transformers works as a high-concept film. I mean, it's the Transfuckingformers. But I don't get why people thought the first film was remotely watchable. It made Armageddon look like 2001.

Turns out Shia Lebouf has a sexual thing for his own mom.

In a candid new interview, the star of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ??? who severely injured his hand last summer in an early morning car crash ??? talks about his, um, revealing upbringing, including how his hippie mother would often walk around their home naked ??? even when he had friends over to play.

"The nudity was weird, especially when her friends came over," he tells Playboy in their June issue ??? on sale May 15. "All of them would just be naked around the house. That was strange for me, and it was really bizarre when my friends were there. You've got your little buds over, and Mom's, like, playing naked connect the dots or whatever. She's in the middle of goddess-group time, where it's literally a bunch of naked women tracing auras around one another's bodies with incense and then sitting together and humming for prolonged periods of time."

His mother and father were also open about their drug use, which has given him a liberal attitude toward it as well. "I grew up with a bunch of hippies, and marijuana was always around," he says. "Pot was never looked at as a negative thing. I could smoke it on holidays with my parents, and we were all good. I like pot. It has never been a monster for me. I can put limits on it. But I definitely saw from a very young age what drugs can do to you."

As for his love life ??? he was with model Isabel Lucas at the time of his car crash ??? it sounds like he's kinda hung up on... his mom.

"Probably the sexiest woman I know is my mother," he says. "She's an ethereal angel. Nobody looks like that woman. If I could meet my mother and marry her, I would. I would be with my mother now, if she weren't my mother, as sick as that sounds."[/b]

Just thought I'd share that.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Liked the movie. Thought JJ did a good job.

For some reason there were a few scenes that reminded me of Delirious lol

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It was entertaining but the "climax" left me

Once they introduced that "Alternate Reality" shit, a whole can of worms opens up.

The pacing was mad fast. I dont think there was a conversation that lasted more than 45 seconds.

For a Reboot - they pulled it off. But its not a flick that i would own and watch over an over again. There were no layers at all....unless i missed somethin.

That Future Vulcan Science Ship w/ the gyro-thingy was cool.

Just enuff Love Story up in that piece for the non sci-fi movie go-ers.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Once they introduced that "Alternate Reality" shit, a whole can of worms opens up.

The pacing was mad fast. I dont think there was a conversation that lasted more than 45 seconds.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.

The plot was a mess, time travel is mad annoying - but it all
    moved so fast that it didn't matter. I could have done without
    the Leonard Nimoy bits, too. It was cool that he was up in there,
    but it felt pasted on to keep a tie to the OG series, and was just
    not needed. They were doing great with the new, just stick with it.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.

The plot was a mess, time travel is mad annoying - but it all
    moved so fast that it didn't matter. I could have done without
    the Leonard Nimoy bits, too. It was cool that he was up in there,
    but it felt pasted on to keep a tie to the OG series, and was just
    not needed. They were doing great with the new, just stick with it.

exactly...

The scene where Spock's Father says he married his mother cause "he Loved" her is so Anti-Vulcan its suspect. I could just be nitpicking, but Vulcans dont play that shit. But since this is an 'alternate reality' there is that freedom to remix the original ideas. Love is Illogical - if im not mistaken. The only out i could see is, since he was the Ambassador to Earth and married an Earth woman he could/would incorporate our cultural ideals. Would he speak that way in the presence of other Vulcans?

And wouldnt Future/Past Spock meeting Starbucks-Spock Fusk reality up big time?

That type of TimeLoop shit makes me crazy. Terminator does that shit as well.

The X-Men - Days Of Future Past story arc has scarred the X-Man Mythos..IMO.

Starbucks-Spock

--- yoinked

The only out i could see is, since he was the Ambassador to Earth and married an Earth woman he could/would incorporate our cultural ideals.

He definitely says something to that effect.

Was that actor an old-school Trek dude? He was familiar.

The only out i could see is, since he was the Ambassador to Earth and married an Earth woman he could/would incorporate our cultural ideals.

He definitely says something to that effect.

Was that actor an old-school Trek dude? He was familiar.

Ben Cross

Captain Pike in the wheelchair was a good little reference.

• Options
    Saw the movie on Saturday and like it. It was better than I thought it would be.

I don't think I'll be watching Transformers 2 (I haven't seen part 1 and don't intend to), but I think I'll give GI Joe a shot.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The Easter eggs in the film are numerous. The writers went deep on small nods.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

The Easter eggs in the film are numerous. The writers went deep on small nods.

Haha.. Like Kirk sexin' up the green gurl... Classic