edited May 2009 in Strut Central
who's still rockin the funk in the trunk????bonus radom pic i saw

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    nobody's got a boomin' system????

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    nobody's got a boomin' system????

No, but I have these:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    After having two sound systems stolen out of my cars I gave up on trying to have any bass.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I have a 10" sub in a ported box for the trunk. It packs enough oomph for any NO Joe beat while leaving enough room for an intense Whole Foods run.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I had 4 12"s in my second car, a Honda Prelude back in 94, that shit has some good memories of cruising to all the classics that came out that year....Just got a new car and I've been wanting just a bit more bass so I think a lil something is in my near future.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    i said this before in a similar thread - only way to do this right is to build your own enclosure. the thin boxes they try to sell you are a no no. when we did it in high school it was two 10-inch infinity drivers in a closed 3/4 inch MDF box powered by a JBL amp designed for subs. usually you need an extra power transformer for the amp too.

IMO closed boxes are way better than ported subs for cars because you can crank up the bass way louder without any rattling, and you actually get some definition to the bass.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I had the four 12's in a cusom 3/4" MDF box that was made to fit with 2 of the 12's facing in the cabin of the Prelude when the backseat was laid down, and the other two facing up towards the back dash. Rockford Fosgate speakers, RF amp, some crossover whose brand name I forget and a Kenwood CD deck.

I totaled that car in the back of a mini van on a rainy afternoon....I miss that car.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    i miss the funk in the trunk...and my mb quarts.....

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    MB Quartz were a lil too high end for me....I always awed over them in teh magz though.