Weekend digz

2»

Comments

• more stuff-again, alot of these are doubles or triples as the case may be so i'll put a list up soon.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

5 keys kinda rough but never found one i felt was affordable before.
    Why buy that Five Keys?, I flip past it every damn weekend, needle drop it now & then, but just can't bring myself to buy it. What am I missing? I have a comp of theirs on Ace or Charly from the 80s that covers more of their jump blues style stuff on Capitol & another label & I like that, but the album pictured comes off as a bit lacking in energy. What am I missing? (apart from the whole thumb cover incident).

youre not missing anything, its really just an average old rnb album (w/famous cover) that i didnt have, but didnt want to pay real $ for (because musically its not all that). sometimes ill go for stuff just to have it in my collection. home run if famous + great music (like those wandas), but ill take a base hit if the price is right. price is getting a lot righter across the board in these ebay days. i remember seeing it up on walls in the early 90's at $400+. back then it was considered "rare".

i am curious though. there's supposedly an airbrushed version of it, that while being less funny, must be somewhat rare because you never see it, just the original dong version.

I've never seen the "non-penis" cover on the Five Keys.

What color labels are those Wanda's??

wanda and party are: black colorband, capitol logo to left. (1st presses)

rockin with is gold star line (which is the '62 2nd press but still sweet)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That Wayne Wade album is fantastic. Best reggae LP I've picked up in a while. Also feeling Secret Syde very much.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yo Karl..What's that acetate about?..gimmie a call homie

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    feeling Secret Syde very much.

What is it? Looks... interesting.

• That Wayne Wade album is fantastic. Best reggae LP I've picked up in a while. Also feeling Secret Syde very much.

Where'd you find that Secret Syde. I used to know those guys, saw them a bunch of times back in the day (WAY back in the day). They were local (Long Branch, NJ) and I saw them open for both Black Flag and the Joe Perry Project (different shows obviously).

For the guy that asked, they were psych/punk.

Where'd you find that Secret Syde.

Just at a local shop - they just put out a collection of 80's
    indie/punk with a psych/garage feel ... the Nomads was from there, too.

Unfortunately (from a collector standpoint) it's the second press on
    Hose Head from 1986, not the Mutha OG ... but I am into the LP regardless.

• Where'd you find that Secret Syde.

Just at a local shop - they just put out a collection of 80's
    indie/punk with a psych/garage feel ... the Nomads was from there, too.

Unfortunately (from a collector standpoint) it's the second press on
    Hose Head from 1986, not the Mutha OG ... but I am into the LP regardless.

That's weird. I had no idea that it had been re-pressed. There was a second Secret Syde LP that was pressed, and then seized and (I think) destroyed when the pressing plant was raided for bootlegging. I used to have a cassette.
    They were really unique on that label. Mutha was mostly punk and metal stuff.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

That Wayne Wade album is fantastic. Best reggae LP I've picked up in a while. Also feeling Secret Syde very much.

What year is the Wayne Wade from?

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

Tableau of a bladder operation.

What year is the Wayne Wade from?

1982. Mixed by Scientist. Dubbed-out vocal roots. I am fighting the
    urge to type something corny in a fake internet patois here.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Recent stuff I've been enjoying. Most are from trades with mylatency.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn i need that Ted Picou

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn i need that Ted Picou

The first side of this is good, but "Sleepwalker" is a drag after the first minute and a half or so.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    BAN!

You know that posting some record pron is MANDATORY here, right?

haa, ok, I'll try to get into some of these, this saturday weather was just sooo fine, perfect for wax hunting, I heard reports bout acouple of really cool finds that day, its fleamarket season right now here in Copenhagen, theres maybe 50 or so fleas all starting at the same time, only a few has heat if any, cannot be surtain where to hit up first and theres a crowd of heads out there looking for the same shit as you, anyways when the weather is great, if you havent found anything by the end of the day, theres always the possibility of a nice tan!
    My scores this weekend wasnt all that though, bagged a few recs, nothing real raer.. but first of all I wanna say biiiiiig thank you to Dejean for hooking me up with this banger, wow (late pass)...some of the heaviest of ''new'' funk I've heard ina while.

with a little delay heres some pics the weekend stack..

• minimini 879 Posts
    Little late but here??s some finds

Steady B: Let the Hustlers Play
    The Egyptian Lover: Egypt, Egypt
    Spooks in Space: The Amazing Adventures of Jungle Jenny
    Delegation: Ooh Honey
    Man Parrish: Heartstroke c/w Hiphop, Be Bop (Don??t Stop) (disconet remixes)
    Tom Tom Club: Wordy Rappinghood

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I'd say Pam Todd is quite rare. nice find

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Those Super Stereo Sound records have great covers!
    I bet the music won't come any close the covers'
    greatness, though.

?

Those Super Stereo Sound records have great covers!
    I bet the music won't come any close the covers'
    greatness, though.

?

I pulled about seven outta the same crate, was hoping for the Violent Violins issue to turn up, it didnt, so yeah you prolly right, havent gone through them all yet, Thats a Party has a pretty good A side, had acouple of these before which I didnt keep so Im not expecting much, but yes the covers are def cool!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Traded in a pile of guff and walked away with the following:

Really pleased to pick up this unplayed That's How it is LP by the house band at Monday Nights Bar Rumba Sessions with Gilles P. Great memories. Who else was a regular at this?

i love that north london swagger track off of that!
    and i have still never come across a loot yet

some nice impule hauls up there too

some highlights of the last week or 2, field and ebay cheapies