I brought my daughter home today (NRR)

2»

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You definitely aren't the first strutter to have a "NICU Baby"... (its the soulstrut NICU curse and it is REAL.)

Its such a trying time that when you are finally able to bring your baby home its like the greatest thing in the world. To be able to hold your baby in your own house with all the beeps and machine noise of the NICU... no more tubes in the nose, IVs, hear rate monitors, etc... just a little baby in her own clothes in her own bed, in her own home.

I think that the NICU experience makes you realize just that much more how precious that little life can be and how lucky you are to have your child.

So congrats to you. The first couple of months can be a real bitch but it gets easier!

MODERHATER SPAWN (Little Gary and Little Anna/Cas)

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So glad that everything worked out, my man. God Bless. She's a beautiful baby!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Mozel Tov!
    She's tuff enough.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    congrats dude. glad to hear she's home

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    You definitely aren't the first strutter to have a "NICU Baby"... (its the soulstrut NICU curse and it is REAL.)

Its such a trying time that when you are finally able to bring your baby home its like the greatest thing in the world. To be able to hold your baby in your own house with all the beeps and machine noise of the NICU... no more tubes in the nose, IVs, hear rate monitors, etc... just a little baby in her own clothes in her own bed, in her own home.

I think that the NICU experience makes you realize just that much more how precious that little life can be and how lucky you are to have your child.

So congrats to you. The first couple of months can be a real bitch but it gets easier!

what Gary said...I'm part of the NICU club as well, my little dude is happy and healthy and about to turn 9 months old.

Congratulations, you're in for a ride.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Hey, some GOOD news at last. Best wishes from across the pond and enjoy the ride.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

NICU curse or not, Strutters definitely produce offspring more attractive than their parents. Very cute kids. Thanks again, everyone. I'm just now rebuilding my reserves of strength and courage, every little bit helps. Remember, expose your children to vinyl early and often:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lol - at a quick glance, it looks like her seat is plugged in.

Congratulations to you and your wife - Miss D is beautiful and not to be held back!

All the best.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I won't out him until he does it himself but another Strutter of note became a father to a baby girl over the weekend.

Congrats ******!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I won't out him until he does it himself but another Strutter of note became a father to a baby girl over the weekend.

Congrats ******!

Thanks Oliver!

Nora Nancy Schrock arrived on 4/18 at 4:06 PM, and is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. I'm not ashamed to say I cried for about an hour in sheer amazement. I have a new obsession in life now, other than records!

It's baby season!

• I won't out him until he does it himself but another Strutter of note became a father to a baby girl over the weekend.

Congrats ******!

Thanks Oliver!

Nora Nancy Schrock arrived on 4/18 at 4:06 PM, and is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. I'm not ashamed to say I cried for about an hour in sheer amazement. I have a new obsession in life now, other than records!

wow congrats again! she's a cutie. i'm starting to want one of these things!

peace, stein. . .

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Rad! More babies. Congratulations!!!

• Lovin' it! That is what is knowed as a good look.

Congrats to you, too, Papa Schrock. Looks like 2009 is the year of the Baby Girl (good news for the decidedly dashing Reuben).

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Oh snap, congrats A***ew! Tons of my friends are having babies too. What was in the air around 9 or 11 months ago?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    What was in the air around 9 or 11 months ago?

For us, we wanted to get in on the "academic mating season" - my wife is a professor, and if the baby arrives in April-May, you get the summer as an extended maternity leave

Thanks for all the congrats, and sorry dollarbin for the hijack! Your daughter is gorgeous.

For us, we wanted to get in on the "academic mating season" - my wife is a professor, and if the baby arrives in April-May, you get the summer as an extended maternity leave

Thanks for all the congrats, and sorry dollarbin for the hijack! Your daughter is gorgeous.

No need to apologize. The only thing better than a one baby thread is a two baby thread (with gatefold cover).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

No need to apologize. The only thing better than a one baby thread is a two baby thread (with gatefold cover).

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    2 beautiful babies... congrats to your families. It's a wonderful experience unlike any other.

Seeing this thread made me reminisce about my (only) 20 month old. I wrote this at her 1st bday:

A year ago today our lives started on a new trajectory. I know that it hasn't all been easy, but it certainly feels that way right now. I guess hindsight isn't always 20/20. I do know that I love this little girl with all my heart. Her innocence and happiness is infectious. I work and have worked with A LOT of kids. I honestly can't think of a little one who is so consistently upbeat, social, and engaging. Regardless of my parental bias, Cadence has given me a renewed appreciation for humanity and a perspective (that I once had) on how to again view the world. If we all still had the optimism, wonder and openness from our youth, the world would most definitely be a better place. Happy Birthday little girl. I love you. ~Dad