Seattle -- What is up Friday and Saturday night?

2»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That looks pretty excellent, O. I'll check that out.

That's their second book. If you like it, I'd recommend checking out their first book. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0674013441

I also forgot to mention, that 2nd book has a great interview between Jeff Chang and Benge Melendez from the Ghetto Bros.

They have a third book in the works assuming, uh, I can finish my essay this week to submit for it.

• RecordPeddler: Caffe Vita was the truth. Excellent drip coffee. Hit it up twice.

ah, great news. they french press ALL of their drip, which i think is pretty rare for any coffee shop to do. but yeah, that place is legit.

sounds like the conference was a success. wish i could've made it to a few of the panels. topics all sounded so interesting.

I was trying to figure out how they do that though - I mean, my coffee came out of a standard, big industrial sized thermos (with the top pump handle), so how do they french press it to begin with?

• haha, good question. from what I gather, they have large french presses that they use to brew the coffee and then transfer it to the thermos.

Ah. See, I would have been hella impressed if they made me a french press cup on the spot.

• I'm sure they do that on occasion. I've seen them brewing the jib in the french press, but never actually seen the transfer to the thermos. Regardless, in my experience, the drip always tastes like it was just made a few minutes ago!