Lyman Woodard Reissue

Comments

• actually, we don't work with stoughton cause they couldn't do what i ask for...so it's mute point. we had to go somewhere else. you also don't know the actual costs WE had to pay to make this record happen. i don't know why we are going over this. we didn't undersell the record by not having a gatefold. i mean that's your opinion. and i know you do this for a living...so do me favor let me do mine. i don't tell you how to do yours.

amir

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    actually, we don't work with stoughton cause they couldn't do what i ask for...so it's mute point. we had to go somewhere else. you also don't know the actual costs WE had to pay to make this record happen. i don't know why we are going over this. we didn't undersell the record by not having a gatefold. i mean that's your opinion. and i know you do this for a living...so do me favor let me do mine. i don't tell you how to do yours.

amir

Don't sweat it man.. looks like a fine product. There's always going to be someone that complains (especially on Soul Strut).

• That's the truth. I know that I've been nothing but pleased with every Wax Po release I've picked up and I don't think that's gonna be changing anytime in the near future.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    forced exposure has this in stock right now

• looks like a fine product
    indeed it does, i put off buying that bootleg and waited for the wax poetics one to drop because wax po is a name i have come to associate with extremely high quality and also done with good intentions too. The mad UK people who didn't stock the LP would probably be because of the weak GBP, if ??1=$2 still you'd have had people in the UK ordering 3-4 copies each but that is no longer the case.

price point DOES make a difference
    i agree again, i spent a while looking for the cheapest place that had this in stock over in the UK, in the end i saved just ??3.50 at the place i got this compared to my normal store, but in credit crunching times, every little helps.

Bottom line is, its a great reissue, i dont care whether its a gatefold sleeve or whatever, i'm only interested in the quality of the music and with wax poetics, you know thats gonna be good.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Moot point... sorry, pet peeve.

• hahaha....you're definitely right..ooops. anyway, i am super happy that everyone seems to like the re-release. trust me, it is very much appreciated here at wax po.

amir

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    hahaha....you're definitely right..ooops. anyway, i am super happy that everyone seems to like the re-release. trust me, it is very much appreciated here at wax po.

amir

keep up the good work. any hints on what's coming up next?

• Ululation- self-title lp....if you're a skater then you what time it is with this record..

amir

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Ululation- self-title lp....if you're a skater then you what time it is with this record..

amir

On the stereo video!

• yup u got it...plus, the second album too!

amir

• I picked my copy of the WP reissue at ARC from the WP table. Thanks Amir & co for the big efford. I wonder how labels can make any profit out of reissues projects with limited pressings... In $$$ terms I do not think is worth it at all.

Thanks again to WP for keeping the pressing and package quality high. Small details make a huge difference.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    probably helps they're selling mp3's online.

Anybody buy Live @ JJ's yet? It sounds raw!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I framed the poster (hey fukk u, it's one of my favorite albums) and the album sounds great.
    Woulda liked a gatefold, way more liner notes & a download card but whatever. What am I gonna do, whine on the innernet?

Aser, you can buy 2 Woodard CD's off CDBaby from Leonard King. Not mindblowing but worth grabbing if you're a fan for sure.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    thanks, how is the sound quality for the cd's?

would've been good to have gotten a download card, perhaps they should think of this for future release. It wouldn't cost them much to include it I don't think.

amir - is there a way to purchase the poster inside the record unfolded? It would be nice to frame this w/o the crease lines.

• go for the reissue even if you do have the OG!
    the reissue is done mad cool!!

don't worry if you missed to buy it at waxpostics.com...it really ISN'T sold out

you don't have to buy it from a greedy son of a bitch at ebay for $50+, there are tons of online-stores who got copies in stock still...

• actually, we are sold out...the only copies left are reference copies for the office which are NOT for sale. however, check your local stores and online sites because they are some with copies left.

amir

• TSL still has copies left.

Dress

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Academy East Village has a few, last I checked.

• This is a great re-issue - sounds just right. Good job to all involved.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I was just listening to it on my home set-up, sounds better than the OG, IMO.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I was just listening to it on my home set-up, sounds better than the OG, IMO.

Blasphemy!

Naw, for real, I kind of slept on getting this, mostly b/c I had the OG but lemme see if DG still has copies...

Amir: what's upcoming from WP in this same vein?

And I would also second the point JP made: a price point of even $2-3 can make a major difference.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have one or two left. Not a lot. Sold a few over the weekend...

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    I just bought this at my local record shop. The sound quality and packaging is awesome!
    Thanks Wax Po and Amir for the good work.

• my copy from honest jons somehow managed to get posted to some dude in the USA! the wait to get this rerelease is killin me.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    i ordered two copies off of Undergroundhiphop.com from someones post on here
    My homie and I are grateful.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Listening to it now. It sounds great. Nice work, Amir.

JRoot

PS Shoulda been a gatefold!

• I just bought this at my local record shop....awesome!

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    At the start of this thread it seemed like it would be really hard to get this so I ordered from UGHH.com and Honest Jons to be sure to get one. Now I have two copies.

Holla if you are still looking for it. Please note that I'm in the Netherlands and shipping for a double set is not cheap.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    cool package - but frankly I didn't hear much of a sound quaility difference between the new reissue & the OG

I'd been told the earlier Scorpio boot sounded like crap though