What magazines do you subscribe to?

2»

Comments

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    El Nueva Yorker

My parents give me their pack issues of sports illustrated (5 mins) and rolling stone (5 mins unless matt taibi has a particularly entertaining rant)

Recently let the Atlantic and harper's lapse, though I'll pick up an issue here or there.

Wax Po I buy at work, the day it drops, every time.

Elise, you have the exact same subscriptions as my girl. I have to admit I peruse those as well, especially gourmet. We get good ideas from it, though rarely attempt specific recipes.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Take that shit to badpaintingsofbarackobama.com

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I actually get this sent free to me at my job, but I would consider paying for it if they stopped sending them to me:

Great magazine from Europe. Primarily about cars, but they also cover things like cool bikes, boats, boxcar races, shit people build at home, and there are actually good spreads that are usually shot by people I am pretty sure are normally fashion photographers. That's pretty much the feel and slant of the magazine: transportation done fashionably.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i get everything free at work and read most shit online but i always take home:

new york magazine- addicted to the maura jacobsen crossword
    new yorker
    vanity fair
    w
    yoga journal
    the american journal of acupuncture and oriental medicine
    artforum
    v
    purple
    stopped getting mojo in about 2003....
    oh and i won a 5 year playboy subscription at a christmas party a few years ago but i gave that to my old boyfriend

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't subscribe to any but enjoy

and this, (which isn't strictly a magazine)

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i get the economist.
    the girlie gets a ton of mags. i sometimes read her copy of real simple.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Somehow Parenting magazine has found its way to our house even though neither of us actually subscribed to it. Its a good read while on the shitter.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    in-law moves revealed!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The last one was New York Magazine.

I currently cop off the newstands -

Gourmet
    Food & Wine
    Complex
    KING
    The Wednesday New York Times - Just for the Dining section
    Wax Poetics

and a gang of Comic Books from Forbidden Planet

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    national geo is the only mag i currently subscribe to...

used to get the source in the early 90's. also subscribed to life and men's fitness (due to helping nephews sell subs for some school thing).

pick up the waxpo every time.

is elemental still out there?

i miss ego trip, big daddy and the one big daddy turned into. drawing a blank. tokion is pretty dope. stop smiling gets some reads. XXL gets a thumb through - interesting story on the making of illmatic in the last one....

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Dwell

Often a good article to be found.

Check out the Japanese architect Terunobu Fujimori's stuff in the latest ish... very cool buildings. This is the only pic I could find, there's better stuff in the article

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    It is good to see some dudes reading up on Real Simple...
    ennui, your girl sounds smart!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Goofus & Gallant get me through the day.

What was the T.Rex mystery?

Nat Geo
    Discover

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    What was the T.Rex mystery?

I read that one. The mystery was what exactly the word "Jeepster" meant.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I don't subscribe to any magazines personally, but I've got all the issues of Wax Poetics. I also buy Stop Smiling when I see it and feel like it.

Our house hold gets the following magazines:
    Click (toddlers stand up!)
    Real Simple (domesticants stand up!)
    Brain Child (thinking mothers stand up!)

We used to get Domino but it went under like a whale that forgot to come up for air.

Oh well,
    JRoot

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Domino went under? That magazine sucked anyways. We actually did have a subscription to that.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

cool, i'm actually moving near their headquarters soon...its a spot in old toronto. did u know their office used to be a funeral home? fitting!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I did not know that. But when I moved I added "balls of zeus" to my name when I did the change of address and they were kind enough to follow through. the magazine now shows up addressed to Gary "Balls Of Zeus" R****"