So, I'm Thinking of Getting All White Trash

13»

Comments

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    DB, you need to do burnouts in an iroc z, firebird, or trans am to really be in character. lots of burnouts while leaving drive throughs, or store parking lots while blasting Winger(or Ratt or Whitesnake) with your imitation oakley razorblades gleaming in the sun, while dipping and smoking at the same time. Trust me, the ladies will be in awe.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    F*ck PC terms, feel free to throw that term around. I guess you don't have any family that lives in trailers, is on public assistance, etc. Whatever. Just remember you're the one calling me a bigot.

You just don't get it.

Living in a Trailer is one thing......having it look like a pigsty is another....it doesn't cost a friggin penny to be neat.

Getting public assistance is one thing.....spending it on cigarettes and alcohol is another.

Can you recognize the difference.......I can.

One is white trash.....the other is a good chunk of my family in N.C.

And yes, I have people in my family that I call White Trash.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I was forced to sit through an episode or two of Orange County Choppers. Jesus Christ was it awful. Talk about white trash, and those guys are rich as F*ck.

Being poor is a financial condition.

White trash is a state of mind.

or as KRS would say... Poor is something you do... White trash is something you live!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I was forced to sit through an episode or two of Orange County Choppers. Jesus Christ was it awful. Talk about white trash, and those guys are rich as F*ck.

Dudes are not white trash, bikers yes. They are average Americans in my book, rich nor poor.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    F*ck PC terms, feel free to throw that term around. I guess you don't have any family that lives in trailers, is on public assistance, etc. Whatever. Just remember you're the one calling me a bigot.

You just don't get it.

Living in a Trailer is one thing......having it look like a pigsty is another....it doesn't cost a friggin penny to be neat.

Getting public assistance is one thing.....spending it on cigarettes and alcohol is another.

You and I are coming at this from two different perspectives.

What I said originally is White Trash is not a culture. I believe this statement to be true. I also believe that the term White Trash is used by white folks to talk down on other white folks. I also think that using blanket statements to cover entire groups of people/neighborhoods/classes is dangerous.

I don't have a problem with someone being single out based on their individual merits as a 'piece of shit' or 'white trash', if you will. Can we agree about that?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Well... But I don't think we agree. In my mind garden "white trash" doesn't necessarily mean "poor people" though, so I don't think its necessarily classist.

I think that there is a difference between these two sentences:

"Most poor people are white trash."

and

"Most white trash people are poor"

It could be however that my definition of White Trash is wrong though, but from what other people are describing I don't think I'm wrong. There are certain stereotypes that go along with being white trash that have already been listed.

And it is a deragatory term, sure.

And, the last time we had this discussion it was said that "white trash" itself is a racist term against black people, except I forgot why that was.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

You just don't get it.

What I said originally is White Trash is not a culture. I believe this statement to be true. I also believe that the term White Trash is used by white folks to talk down on other white folks. I also think that using blanket statements to cover entire groups of people/neighborhoods/classes is dangerous.

I don't have a problem with someone being single out based on their individual merits as a 'piece of shit' or 'white trash', if you will. Can we agree about that?

We can agree....and I thought that was exactly what I did by giving very specific actions that would qualify said White Trash.

Can I just compare somebody to Hitler and be done with this eArgument?

I was never trying to imply that all poor white people are white trash, quite the opposite. If that is what got picked up, oops.

You just don't get it.

We can agree....and I thought that was exactly what I did by giving very specific actions that would qualify said White Trash.

Cool.

• ^^^^^^

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Poor is something you do... White trash is something you live!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    It's a tricky matter trying to drink beer with a dip in.

There were girls in my high school who would just "gut" their dip when they were done with it. I'm not sure if this made them white trash, but I would say that it is pretty damn country[/b].

I bat about .500 lifetime with dip -- meaning that it has made me vomit half the time (probably 5 for 10).

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

There were girls in my high school who would just "gut" their dip when they were done with it. I'm not sure if this made them white trash, but I would say that it is pretty damn country[/b].

I bat about .500 lifetime with dip -- meaning that it has made me vomit half the time (probably 5 for 10).

Gut as in swallow? And they didn't puke???

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

Gut as in swallow? And they didn't puke???

Yep. Nope.