So, I'm Thinking of Getting All White Trash

Comments

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    pants man!! dip is whitetrash?? but i love that pesto, cashew & parmesan one....

You are just too precious

Now, do you mean precious as in stuck up princess type or precious as in i'm awesome and too cute???hahahahhahahaha......don't worry, you don't have to answer, i know it's the latter..hahaha!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    pants man!! dip is whitetrash?? but i love that pesto, cashew & parmesan one....

Now, do you mean precious as in stuck up princess type or precious as in i'm awesome and too cute???hahahahhahahaha......don't worry, you don't have to answer, i know it's the latter..hahaha!

git fam

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

git fam

now i'm real confused.....what does this mean plaese?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

git fam

No no no, dip is for the bourgeoisie white trash

Real WT chew

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    i mean dorals or worths or some such(basically whichever brand they have that you never see ads for).

• Proper attire is on the left.

Bubbles in the welding mask =

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So I ended up getting some cherry Skoal and an 18-pack of Bud Light, and watched Withnail and I.

I think I did it wrong.

• Sorry, but mocking the poor is elitist and small-minded.

Sorry, but mocking the poor is elitist and small-minded.

This is about a specific culture, not an entire economic class. Just because you live below the poverty line doesn't mean you dip. Sayin'.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    If
    Nascar = Sport

Then
    I = Athlete

Anyform of racing is a sport. You may not like NASCAR, but try spending 2 hours
    in a car doing 250 laps in 90+ heat with 120 db levels going 150 mph, while 20 other cars and drivers are trying to do the same around you.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    White trash isn't a culture, it's poor white people.

• Sorry, but mocking the poor is elitist and small-minded.

This is about a specific culture, not an entire economic class. Just because you live below the poverty line doesn't mean you dip. Sayin'.

On this specific topic, you are wrong.

barjesus is right:

For perspective, would you start a thread entitled "So, I'm Thinking of Getting All Ghetto[/b]"? In it, you could type up a shopping list of things like malt liquor, Ogilvie home perms, do-rags, and Newports.

I disagree. My family straddled the poverty/working class line for several years when I was young, but I would not have considered us white trash.

I disagree. My family straddled the poverty/working class line for several years when I was young, but I would not have considered us white trash.

White trash usually is used to describe white people in abject poverty, not the upwardly mobile blue-collar/working class.

Fair enough. I'll retract my use of the term "white trash". What would be the proper term, though, for a dip-centric lifestyle?

Redneck or scandinavian.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    get familar...whomever was talking shit about cowboys being white trash...

http://www.cowboysofcolor.org/

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    So I ended up getting some cherry Skoal and an 18-pack of Bud Light, and watched Withnail and I.

I think I did it wrong.

Think so. I remember the first time I certifiably "dipped" was something cherry one morning before junior high. Got buzzed off my ass. Often thought about walking down that road again but best believe I wouldn't choose a fruit flavor, or menthol. And I wouldn't pair it with Bud Light either -- I'd definitely want something with a little more bite to compliment the chew.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Living in a run down Trailer Park, cooking bath tub meth, not having a job, having a Trans Am in your yard up on blocks with grass growing up through the floorboards, not taking care of your kids, poor hygiene, spending Government checks on alcohol and cigarettes, etc., etc. is what I define as WHITE TRASH.

If somehow you feel that this describes all poor white people I suggest YOU are the bigot.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    yeah I think white trash does not equal poor white people.

see the "redneck comedy tour" or texan suburbs to see "well-to-do white trash". Hell, George Bush was white trash.

b/w

There is always someone doing worse than you. That's why the term white trash is so convenient, it's used by one class to look down their nose at someone lower on the ladder than themselves. Even poor white people call poorer white people white trash all the time, whether they meet the cartoonish stereotypes listed above or not.

b/w

There is always someone doing worse than you. That's why the term white trash is so convenient, it's used by one class to look down their nose at someone lower on the ladder than themselves. Even poor white people call poorer white people white trash all the time, whether they meet the cartoonish stereotypes listed above or not.

Poor is a relative term.

If these descriptions are cartoon-like then I work right down the street from the Looney Toon Trailer Park.

I get it. Everyone down the block from you cooks meth, has trans ams & grubby kids in the street. Only in America.

I get it. Everyone down the block from you cooks meth, has trans ams & grubby kids in the street. Only in America.

Where do you come up with EVERYONE??

Are you suggesting NO ONE is like this??

Come to grips with reality....there are indeed people who do these things and I call them White Trash.

Is there a more politically correct term for these folks??

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This thread is moving dangerously close to the ever-popular-among-white-people Chris-Rock-said-it-so-why-can't-I "n****s v. black people" territory.

F*ck PC terms, feel free to throw that term around. I guess you don't have any family that lives in trailers, is on public assistance, etc. Whatever. Just remember you're the one calling me a bigot.

Not to derail the serious turn this thread has taken, but I have a lot of cherry Skoal left. Do I put that in the freezer to stay fresh or what?

b/w

It's a tricky matter trying to drink beer with a dip in.

I wouldn't dip while drinking personally, not that I dip. Maybe alternate, so you don't have to swallow tobacco.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    If you live in a trailer you are probably poor (you should see the f*cking trailer park the got out here on mission beach. I would live there in a heartbeat!!!!).

If that trailer has a rebel flag from it you are white trash.

If you are still upset about the outcome of the civil war you are white trash (as noted by your "the south shoulda won" or "the south will rise again" t-shirt).

If you erect crosses in peoples yards, you are a religious nut.

If you then light them on fire, you are white trash.

If your last name is Palin, you are white trash.

If you have even an iota of respect for sara palin you are white trash.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    If you live in a trailer you are probably poor (you should see the f*cking trailer park the got out here on mission beach. I would live there in a heartbeat!!!!).

If that trailer has a rebel flag from it you are white trash.

If you are still upset about the outcome of the civil war you are white trash (as noted by your "the south shoulda won" or "the south will rise again" t-shirt).

If you erect crosses in peoples yards, you are a religious nut.

If you then light them on fire, you are white trash.

If your last name is Palin, you are white trash.

If you have even an iota of respect for sara palin you are white trash.