Weekday Finds

2»

Comments

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Thanks, Rey.
    coooooosine!

Funny thing...I was sitting on my porch yesterday, just kickin back when a kid from down the street rolled up on his BMX, garbage bag slung over his shoulder.
    " Hey Mister' he said, dumping the bag on my porch, ' I hear you like the historical music stuff."
    Pulse quickening, I roused myself, tossed him a buck, and opened the bag. My heart sank as I instantly recognised records I'd seen a thousand times: Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass et all.
    In disgust I threw the bag at the curb, where the rest of the weeks garbage sat. As bag hit asphalt, it ripped and an LP flew out. Pulse racing again I ran down and picked it up with trembling hands... yes it was a Soul Expedition LP... a record I knew a certain NateBizzo coveted. My Visa bill would be covered this month after all!!!

Wait a second, that was simply one of last night's dreams.

Nice work JP, glad to see some people get to live other peoples fantasies.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    " Hey Mister' he said, dumping the bag on my porch, ' I hear you like the historical music stuff."
    Pulse quickening, I roused myself, tossed him a buck, and opened the bag. My heart sank as I instantly recognised records I'd seen a thousand times: Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass et all.
    In disgust I threw the bag at the curb, where the rest of the weeks garbage sat. As bag hit asphalt, it ripped and an LP flew out. Pulse racing again I ran down and picked it up with trembling hands... yes it was a Soul Expedition LP... a record I knew a certain NateBizzo coveted. My Visa bill would be covered this month after all!!!

Wait a second, that was simply one of last night's dreams.

BEST FAKE FIND EVER!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Rescued from the trash, walked into the shop by the delivery guy from Nickys

Mad poker face by Jonny & Delay! "um... I can use this one."

jonnnnyyyyyyy i think i know who threw this out!!! you know my homeboy antonio esteban? the tall filipino/ german bul? he had a small flood and called me but i was in mexico but he threw out mad records last week and he is real tight with nicky and lives across the street from the sandwich spot
    i'm calling him now

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Hot score, Good Records! I've been after that piece for way too long.

Some stuff from the weekend mostly:

Thanks to Young Einstein for the HAZE lp.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    What is going to happen when the homeboy antonio esteban wants it back? Tune in next time...

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    "You snooze you lose"!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    "You snooze you lose"!

who said a thing about snoozing i think he would just want to see this if in fact it was his drop off... he would be happy johhny got it no doubt!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What is going to happen when the homeboy antonio esteban wants it back? Tune in next time...

Un conversaci??n con power-fuerza...

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Found these in a charity shop here in the UK;

Doubles of the Frank Wilson - anybody want one?
    And the Gil Scott Heron was a bargain - only $150 for a NM+++ copy!

No, seriously - my finds / e-finds this week are:

Mokie J.J. & R.O.B. - Speed Of Light LP
    Pleasure - Dust Yourself Off LP (thanks Ari)
    Edwin Birdsong - Funtaztik LP
    Perry & Sanlin - For Those Who Love LP (great version of 'You Can't Hide Love')
    Electraglide In Blue OST LP
    Cliff Dawson - S/T LP (the press that has 'I Can Love You Better')
    Carrie Lucas - Still In Love LP (monster boogie)
    Herbie Hancock - Flood 2LP (already had the Jap Mastersound CD - now selling that on discogs).
    Family Brown - Imaginary World LP
    James D Hall - I Wanna Get Into You / Freak On Down 45
    Sesame Street - Pinball Song / C Is For Cookie Monster 12"

Cheers,
    Tom

• i'll swap one of your frank wilsons for this latin grail:
    lol

• TomOTomO 169 Posts

Are you taking Tewwy Tibbs for a wide? Thwow in the Pele soundtrack and DEN we're talkin.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    is there a good rip of this somewhere??

This is pretty incredible, thanks Rey..

So did the dude come in cause he saw it on here? Or did it just last like an hour on the wall?

• i haves your pele soundtracks in a bank account in LAGOS NIGERIA, nows all i do nneed is your bank account number and sort code for me to send to you the pele soundtrack...lol.

nice find btw JP, wish i could have stuff like that turn up out of the blue.

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    I spent some time in a small town in Montana this weekend. I learned a long time ago not to make the assumtion that small towns don't have interesting records, but I was pretty suprised when I found these...

super cool garage psych with lots of fuzz

I dont know anything about this one but "Beware of the Shovel" is soo good. Side 2 is an instrumental funk jam

• Pretty crazy to get the GB LP like that!

Peace,

Dress

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Thanks, Rey.

is there a good rip of this somewhere??

thought I d/l'd this before, but didn't have it anymore... thanks!
    nice score!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I think that .zip is corrupt...i cant get it to open after 3 trys... anyone??

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i think YOU are corrrupt, homie!!!! you sold that shit to an englishman before burning it for the strut??!?!?!
    who does number 2 work for??!!!!!!!!!

umm, yeah. just kidding.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    YEAH DOG THATS WHAT SOULSTRUT GETS FOR THAT BULLSHIT REYNALDO $400 PRICE GUIDE LOOK

sweeet sweeet vengeance
    ironically birthed from a garbage can