Rhode Island Strutters

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Who on this board is from Rhode Island?

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i'm 45 minutes away but head in that direction every other week..... give or take.

peace,xavier

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I'm back and forth from Cape Cod to NYC, if that counts.
    (it probably doesn't).

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    I had spent the last 4 years there, but moved this past fall.

Holler at your boys dj save and ty jesso.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    and no, theres no records in rhode island.

peace,xavier

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I heard Rhode Island used its one record to make an umbrella to cover the state on hot summer days.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm from Rhode Island, but I've lived in Los Angeles and Boston the last 7+ years.
    My parents and bro are still there.

• I live in Providence.

Quahogs, coffee milk, NY System, Haven Bros., Luke's, Cianci, cabinets, what cheer, not for nothing, Burt Crenca, Venda, Fort Thunder, Lupo's, Round Again, Wild Colonial..what else?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    (it probably doesn't).

Represent... where on the Cape? I lived in Plymouth for a few years and went to high school in Falmouth. My whole family lives in Plymouth so I visit often.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    really, i go out there for the decent records and tim hortons iced coffee.

peace,xavier

(it probably doesn't).

Represent... where on the Cape? I lived in Plymouth for a few years and went to high school in Falmouth. My whole family lives in Plymouth so I visit often.

Wellfleet - I'm there right now looking at the sun go down out my window.

• and no, theres no records in rhode island.

peace,xavier

I wouldn't say that I have scored Harlem River Drive, Velvet Underground 1st Mono, The Beginning of The End, and alot more just in the last couple years.

O by the way 20 copies of Mr. Magic 45 that sold for an average of $400 each turned up in RI two years ago.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    no i know, i'm just playing, i found my mulatu lp out in the area along w/ many other things (roy ayers/axelrods/new world generation/all 3 betty davis lp's sealed etc....... but for the most part, no theres no records out there.

peace,xavier

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    More records in RI than Mass! lol

PS I am just playing... I did shitty last time I was there

Then again I did shitty in Mass too.

• no i know, i'm just playing, i found my mulatu lp out in the area along w/ many other things (roy ayers/axelrods/new world generation/all 3 betty davis lp's sealed etc....... but for the most part, no theres no records out there.

peace,xavier

no i hear ya, i have to travel to NYC for the most part to find good stuff

Then again I did shitty in Mass too.

I've barely found shit on Cape Cod, ever.

Oddly enough, the local thrift store had a copy of the first Zalatnay Sarolta pic sleeve - wrong record inside, natch.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I live in Providence.

Quahogs, coffee milk, NY System, Haven Bros., Luke's, Cianci, cabinets, what cheer, not for nothing, Burt Crenca, Venda, Fort Thunder, Lupo's, Round Again, Wild Colonial..what else?

Paolino, BCCI, Sundlun, Skateaway USA, in-n-out weed spot on Potters, Fox Point Bball courts, THA BUCKET, KICKS106, Mt Pleasant girls, racist guidos bumpin PE, Camp St, pre-indie-hipster music scene days. STILL SUCKED.

Fun fact: Rhode Island's sister state is Liechtenstein.

• Rhode Island may as well be a gated community for Italians and Williamsburg wannabes. No records here.

Rhode Island may as well be a gated community for Italians and Williamsburg wannabes. No records here.

Bit small for a gated community, no?

• Rhode Island may as well be a gated community for Italians and Williamsburg wannabes. No records here.

Bit small for a gated community, no?

But bro, you can get to the ocean, city, woods and WalMart all within 40 minutes!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    That Zingg/In Your Ear has one of the shittiest geographic locations I've ever seen.

• That Zingg/In Your Ear has one of the shittiest geographic locations I've ever seen.

that store sucks, i don't think he has put any new reocrds out since he opened that spot. Also that guy he has working behind the counter is a fricken douche bag, who knows shit about records.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Luke's!

• ^^^^
    Shockingly not the messiest, shittiest store out here. That distinction belongs to Joe's Moldy Oldies.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    ^^^^
    Shockingly not the messiest, shittiest store out here. That distinction belongs to Joe's Moldy Oldies.

Noooooooooooooo
    I want visual proof of such shittiness!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    LOL @ Joe's still being open...Christ.
    Cigar chomping Sinatra slangers.

• I stopped by a few backs for the first time in ages. He had a copy of MJ's "Ben" LP with a tag reading "books at $75 -- make reasonable offers."

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    hahaha

last time I was at joe's he and three of his crazy buddies were in there around noonish all glued to the 1960's-vintage television watching conspiracy theory documentaries about aliens coming to earth. they would seriously ooh and ahh whenever the voiceover said something ridiculous about aliens still being around. a couple hours later i brought up a few things i had found amongst the pile of terds, at which he point he told me in regards to some early og motown pressing "the retail price for this is $85, but I'll give you a discount on it. It'll just be $15." I passed, looked it up when I got home, turned out it was worth $5-$10. Forget what it was.

What do you expect from a place called "Woonsocket"?