Rhode Island Strutters

2»

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Now that I think about it Joe's is a bitch to get to as well.
    WTF in such a small state?

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    hahaha

last time I was at joe's he and three of his crazy buddies were in there around noonish all glued to the 1960's-vintage television watching conspiracy theory documentaries about aliens coming to earth. they would seriously ooh and ahh whenever the voiceover said something ridiculous about aliens still being around. a couple hours later i brought up a few things i had found amongst the pile of terds, at which he point he told me in regards to some early og motown pressing "the retail price for this is $85, but I'll give you a discount on it. It'll just be $15." I passed, looked it up when I got home, turned out it was worth $5-$10. Forget what it was.

What do you expect from a place called "Woonsocket"?

Wow!
    I never thought I'd see people talking about Woonsocket on this board.
    I went to highschool there.
    Such a depressing old mill town.
    I went to Joe's a couple times, but dude was only open like 3 random days a week.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Dude has miles of Sammy Davis Junior h33t, yo.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Woonsocket

to clarify: i didn't go high school there myself - it's just a crazy thought.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i've gone to joe's 2 times and found decent shit, clean copies of "enter the dragon"/ joe pass "guitar interludes", 1st and 2nd delphonics, early marvin gaye lp's etc........ thats after i spent 2 hours each time, so in reality it wasn't worth it, being that i had to listen to them complain about obama, and how mexicans and puerto ricans are ruining the u.s.

peace,xavier

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Woonsocket

oh yeah! Mount St. Charles all the way...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Woonsocket

oh yeah! Mount St. Charles all the way...

I always used to laugh at the highway exit signs for "Downtown Woonsocket" on the way to Wa-Wa-Wachusset. Never been, but shit you have multiple off ramps????