Options

Bsides (ILLNESS -R)

edited April 2009 in Strut Central
As per Bside's recent request...Here are 24 tracks in a winrar from one of the most talented dudes on the strut...http://www.zshare.net/download/58066601ddff9972/

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    These beats are ill. Thank you for posting. I don't really know who BSides is other than a forum member (disconnected)...are any of these on wax / for sale? I'd cop pretty much all of them...

• Options
    Hard to believe, but no, this shit aint on wax--to my knowledge anyway.

After hearing these about 5-6 years ago, I woulda signed dude if I had a label. I would put this cat somewhere in the same ballpark as Doc Delay, Day, Ako, Controller 7, and Unconventional Science. But that's just me.

If there are any bosses up in here, please, have a listen to this man's beats and sign this f*cker.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Holy shit. i am listening to these at work and they are absolutely brilliant.

damn son...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    This is great stuff.
    Do 320s exist of any of these, or have the originals been lost?

I think its time for another Strut vinyl release.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Good to hear that track 'Wax Bubbles' again after so many years. I think i grabbed it from Bsides on soulseek in '05.
    If i remember correctly it has samples from the RPM ost & Groove Holmes' New Groove.

• dextahdextah 77 Posts
    a few years back Bsides got beat jacked by polow da don

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    that's weird, that old pm's thread had me looking in my inbox and the second to oldest message in there is from the dude Bsides regarding a beat I loved of his that he sent me and he was telling me to go ahead and use it for whatever, he didn't care. Good dude.

He caught shit from a couple dudes on here a while back, one of which I used to be cool with. Which lead to me being not so cool with unnamed dude because of the unnecessary level of the shit talk that Bsides didn't deserve at all

• anyone got a different link for this? download keeps failing. thanks.

• anyone got a different link for this? download keeps failing. thanks.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yes, quality stuff.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Nice!
    I'm waiting for Riker vs Bear 2

B-Sides put me up on this site back in college. He's partially responsible for me wasting 42000 hours of my life.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    H I would put this cat somewhere in the same ballpark as Doc Delay, Day, Ako, Controller 7, and Unconventional Science.

not to threadjack, but you are clearly sleeping on the dudes ham, and pony who are the ILLEsT soulstrut producers. not for nothing.

• Options
    Not to encourage threadjacking, but do you have any beats by the aforementioned dudes that you could post?

See, if a talented dude like you is sayin these other dudes are more talented, then I NEED to hear their shit. For the love of all things strut, plaese to post some ham & pony braeks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Been out for quite some time now but U-Tern's remix of "Got To Give It Up" is ridiculously good.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    I have been listening to the Bsides tracks for most of the day, sooo ill.

and thanks delay and martin!!

• Options
    I have been listening to the Bsides tracks for most of the day, sooo ill.

and thanks delay and martin!!

Yo, I know this is supposed to be about Bsides, and it still is, but Ham and U-Tern are dope! Throw the odd King Most joint, Mike the 2600 King's shit, and "Peaceful Rotation's" super sick blends...damn...so much good music coming out from this place.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Wow, thanks guys.

I would love to have a lot of these tracks again, but the zshare didn't work for me either. can yall help me out?

Its kind of bittersweet these days as I'm fighting myself just to get motivated to create anything. Ive done all kinds of beats, this instrumental shit is probably 7 or so years old. f*cking crazy to think about how much of my life I gave to doing music.

I was a steady beat shopping, just getting by hip hop producer in los angeles for the last 5 years or so. Had a few major placements, done some t.v. work, never had a huge break or anything. Got jacked a few times, got a few major publishing deals waved in my face, none of them ever panned out or I turned them down at the time. I guess Ive just never been that good at getting my music out there.

As weird as it sounds now, when I made those instrumental tracks I thought I could never put it out because I could never clear all the samples. It sounds crazy to say now in this age of the internet, but back then it was kinda different.

My stuff these days sounds quite a bit different, i'm not sure yall would even be in to it.

I come from kind of the old school of strut beat makers which is like dj day, ako (when that fool was like 16! lol), ummm meaty ogre? I'm almost sure diplo used to post shit. Rehash (what up with those guys?) mike 2600, sketch, and others when we were all getting our feet wet with this shit.

There has always been talent around here. Once I got into shopping shit to majors, my managers would frown on me posting shit on the internet. So I kinda fell off with the beat posts, probably a big mistake.

To be totally honest I'm pretty near to hanging it up with the music stuff though. At least trying to make a living with it. It's really brought me a lot of hard times and struggle to be honest. Some people can really make it work, I just don't think I was meant for it.

The strut has always supported though. Even when all my f*cking gear got stolen by motherfuckers I was ghost producing for, funkyexample f*cking loaned me an mpc which I have still not been able to pay him back for. Like 4 years later or something.

I used to be pretty sure of myself when it came to making music, but lately Ive lost a lot of confidence in myself. I am really happy that you guys got to enjoy this stuff though. I made it for myself, but its great and humbling to have an audience.

Whats fucked is I used to wonder what it was like for dudes like monty stark and shit to have people all into some music you let go of years ago. I guess now I know. Its bittersweet.

Thanks guys! Much love.

Oh, and lets not forget Jake-uno. Please, forget most talented on the strut, dude is gunning for best producer out these days.

Bsides,
    I'm in the same boat as you on a lot of the things you mentioned. I have a hard time getting myself motivated to make stuff these days. I'm about to hang it up too. Not in some "F*ck this shit, I'm through" kind of way, but my life has changed and I've go different priorities. I'm not trying to make it anywhere with beats anymore.

You're a talented guy. Hopefully something good will happen for you. Maybe you'll get a good placement. If not, you can still be proud of what you've already accomplished.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    You guys are getting me depressed! 2 of the most talented dudes on here hanging it up? Say it aint so.

That said, I feel what both of you are saying and we all go through it. It's just about perseverance.

I don't know why I can't get motivated. I think it's just the way things are these days. I have a regular job and a wife. That makes it hard to sit and work on beats. I also just don't get that excited about it anymore. I have a few 90 minute cassette tapes full of demos and ideas and I listen to them in my car, but I never feel like working on them again. I've been working on a new record/studio room. I've been more excited about that. Maybe the new space will motivate me.

I did make a beat the other day though. It was fun too.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    B-sides, I thought that shit you were posting around 2004 was on par with or better than what I was hearing on the radio. I don't think I managed to save any of those tracks, but maybe someone else did? (Hint, hint.)

I don't even have a regular job!

Ive basically just been doing this for the last 5 years or so. Its been cool, but to look back at that time and see that I basically acquired no work experience is kinda crappy.

I can't say I'm hanging it up, just that I want to do other stuff too, and I want it to be fun again. I'm done making crap I don't really care about to try to push on some dumb ass rapper. I guess that's what I'm done with.

I'll post some newer beats if yall want though. whats the best way?

I put some stuff up on a blip.fm page in another thread. But please if you could upload those old tracks for me I really want em!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    If that zshare still isn't working for you, here's another link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/5e73z5

If that zshare still isn't working for you, here's another link:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/5e73z5

that worked! Awesome! thanks so much to whoever put this together.

• Options
    Dude, don't hang it up.

You're way too talented to walk away like that. I think it would be a waste for you to just give up. Push through that shit and just do what you love.

Dude, don't hang it up.

You're way too talented to walk away like that. I think it would be a waste for you to just give up. Push through that shit and just do what you love.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. You have motivated me.