Options

Bsides (ILLNESS -R)

2»

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Dude, don't hang it up.

You're way too talented to walk away like that. I think it would be a waste for you to just give up. Push through that shit and just do what you love.

Your ear is f*cking brilliant man. Talk to one of the dudes here with an album out, and get your shit on wax.

There is really no reason why you shouldn't already have an album out even with the material that was posted here.

I just turned the bboys in my state on to your shit, and they went out of there minds begging me for the source.

Find a label who's willing to help clear those samples and I'll be first in line to buy the album. I wish you the best of luck.

and T**my shit man you already know how I feel about your shit. Shit is rough right now, but no need to hang up the gloves brotha.

- spidey

• everybody keep ya fu**ing head up.

We'll all make it through this transition

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Dude, don't hang it up.

You're way too talented to walk away like that. I think it would be a waste for you to just give up. Push through that shit and just do what you love.

Your ear is f*cking brilliant man. Talk to one of the dudes here with an album out, and get your shit on wax.

There is really no reason why you shouldn't already have an album out even with the material that was posted here.

I just turned the bboys in my state on to your shit, and they went out of there minds begging me for the source.

Find a label who's willing to help clear those samples and I'll be first in line to buy the album. I wish you the best of luck.

and T**my shit man you already know how I feel about your shit. Shit is rough right now, but no need to hang up the gloves brotha.

- spidey

Hey thanks man, I'd love to put it out on wax. If anyone's interested holler at me.

I'm not sure I'm that great with the hip hop stuff. Granted, I keep bringing my shit down to dre's lab and getting my ego crushed. But then, that's like khalil, jake, dre, just blaze and all them so that's bound to happen. But Every time I think I got a hot little something I go there and I'm like....damn.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Man just do you. Act like you forgot about Dre. F*ck the A&Rs, the managers, the placements... You might not make it big as TEH NEXT HIP HOP SUPAPRODUCA but whatever. F*ck all that. Just make good music that makes you happy. Press it up or distribute it digitally. Get some regular cats into it... some fans who aren't industry dudes or wannabe industry dudes. Honestly, I feel like the entire time producers spend running around the studios, submitting endless CDs, gladhanding, "politicking", playing "the game"... sometimes I feel like they could get more notice just by putting shit out there that they feel, rather than trying to meet some twisted music industry dude's interpretation of what a rapper needs. Or worse yet, what the "hot sound" is.

Honestly, to hell with ALL that shit. I have plenty of friends and colleagues doing really well in the industry; nothing against them. It feels great to see it. But you gotta ask yourself what YOU got into music for, and if you let the music industry dictate what you make, or worse yet whether you make shit at all... man, you actually might as well hang it up at that point. Go get a job with a pension. Shit.

I mean, I know it's easy to get down on yourself when you realize that maybe you're not built for it. But few are.