Sydney, OZ

facesdfacesd 236 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Strut massive, I am going to be in Sydney for the next 15 days.....wanted to see if any strutters knew of shows or DJ sets worth checking....or just possibly wanted to catch a beer. I will be staying on Bondi. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    kinetic? loko one? they're the only sydney heads as far as i know...where are u boys?

hit up oxford st, kings cross end for the best souvlakis/kebabs around!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so tastey!!

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    newtown for records

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    newtown for records

Word to that.

If you wanna check out a good funk night, check out Tonic Lounge on Saturday nights. I play there every month or so, but just played the other week so I won't be there in the next few weeks. When are you here till? I am booked up this weekend but I could hang out next weekend maybe. Oh and there's a record fair coming up on April 18th if you're still in town!

PM me yo.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Yo dude, check your PM...ive sent you my details, feel free to hit me up when your here, to go for a dig, if you got any questions or to just kick it
    (Im always keen to meet fellow diggas and hip hop heads)

Apart from the glebe record fair, we got EPMD on the same night. Also Easter Long Weekend theres a night on called Sampled...DJs like Frenzie diggin deep into their crates for the night. Should be fresh, thats on the 19th April.

Then you got a few bits and pieces happening thru out the city... you can check stealthmag.com or ozhiphop.com to see what else may be on that works with your schedule.

As for digging, Sydney has several spots depends what your after and where your at, a couple of private dealers too....

• peace, stein. . .

peace, stein. . .

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

peace, stein. . .

You're a real worry maaaaaaaaaan, a real worry!!

• frenziefrenzie 174 Posts
    A couple of gigs I'm playing at.. Both on the same night (Easter Weekend).. and both on the same street (Kellet St, Kings Cross), literally a block from one another..
    Funk Throwdown is at Tonic, the venue that Kinetic mentioned in his post above..

..and I should mention my radio show, if your near a radio on Friday lunchtimes. 107.3 2SER FM 12-1.30 PM - Podcast at www.groovetherapy.com.au

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Just don't forgat the Ironlak and don't huff it all!

Hope your eye is doing better, I want a full report when you get back or I'm doorbell ditchin your house all day!!! Got it Batch!!!!

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    There is also a record fair on the 18th in Glebe. I booked two tables for it. hope to meet some fellow strutters there. I am not looking forward to the 9-10hr drive

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I lived in Sydney 10 years ago (Cronulla, Bondi) and my heart is still there.

f*ckin love that city.

Thats all.

There is also a record fair on the 18th in Glebe. I booked two tables for it. hope to meet some fellow strutters there. I am not looking forward to the 9-10hr drive

Ill be there... wearing a red carnation on my lapel so ill be easy to spot!

BTW What you planning on putting out oin those tables?

I have 20 crates of stuff for sale and cover pretty much every (saleable) genre. The rarer stuff I tend to flog on ebay.

See you there mate!

if anyone has a place to crash near glebe i would be appreciative and would recipricate (I live in mullumbimby near byron bay) I was going to stay at backpackers.

if anyone has a place to crash near glebe i would be appreciative and would recipricate (I live in mullumbimby near byron bay) I was going to stay at backpackers.

You mean the Friday night? I don't live really close by, but I also don't live that far away either. I might be able to sort you out in retirn for a lift!

Hit me on the PM if you want.

Pm sent