Strut review: Racist?

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
http://www.cantonrep.com/crimes_and_cour...all-parking-lotIs wearing a towel on your head and carrying a stick a good reason to have the police stop you?

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    who the f walks around the mall with a stick?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    they never said what his race was, but i'll say "F*ck yeah!" just for good measure.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    who the f walks around the mall with a stick?

A dude who wants to be stopped by the police so he can whine he is a victim of bigotry........and Teddy Roosevelt.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    A towel and a stick? Sounds like he was on his way to a rehearsal to be a shepherd in a Christmas pageant. He's a couple months late, though.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    So... Was this goy going to herd sheep in the food court?

Trolling for a conflict, IMO.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    So... Was this guy going to herd sheep in the food court?

Trolling for a conflict, IMO.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Jail report says a guy with a stick and towel around his head attacked police.
    Nothing racist there.

If it turns out the guy is a Sikh who had a walking cane who was attacked unprovoked by police we can rethink the whole thing.

• Jail report says a guy with a stick and towel around his head attacked police.
    Nothing racist there.

If it turns out the guy is a Sikh who had a walking cane who was attacked unprovoked by police we can rethink the whole thing.

seriously. lol @ everyone assuming it had to be racial since "towel on head" = ethnic dude. And then rockadelic already on some "WHAT A BIG BABY". You guys...*SMH*.

And then rockadelic already on some "WHAT A BIG BABY". You guys...*SMH*.

I love you too

b/w

How's that job search going?

• And then rockadelic already on some "WHAT A BIG BABY". You guys...*SMH*.

I love you too

b/w

?????

Oh wait you're "trying to son, me". Right? Is that what's poping in teh stkreetz?

And then rockadelic already on some "WHAT A BIG BABY". You guys...*SMH*.

I love you too

b/w

?????

Oh wait you're "trying to son, me". Right? Is that what's poping in teh stkreetz?

In teh skreetz I carry a big stick.....and wear a diaper.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This is the second time I have seen SMH.

I have no idea what SMH means.

Disconnected from teh skreets.

It means "Shaking My Head"

We just don't know if it's side to side in a "NO" motion or up and down in a sucking motion?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Coming from Stickball practice w/ a terrycloth to absorb the sweat?

Coming from Stickball practice w/ a terrycloth to absorb the sweat?

If it were 1970 in Brooklyn I'd buy this....w/a shortcut through Kings Plaza Mall.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I would need to know more about the towel.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    define walking stick and towel.....

Bobo dreads carry brooms and wrap their hair

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Here's another one. No towel & cane, just breast feeding, tinted windows, & drama. Is this racist?

Routine traffic stop gets ugly

Police officer bitten by breastfeeding woman

By CATHERINE SOLYOM, The GazetteMarch 8, 2009

Versions of what happened before Lafleur Spring bit the police officer differ substantially.

Montreal police say they pulled over Spring and her husband Friday morning because their car windows seemed overly tinted, an offence under Quebec's Highway Code.

And when the woman refused to identify herself, they tried to force her out of the car. That's when she bit a police officer.

Spring and her husband, however, say that if anyone was too aggressive, it was the police - who were filmed by a passing courier on his BlackBerry as they wrestled with the woman on the ground.

What's clear is that what might have been a routine stop in C??te des Neiges soon turned ugly.

According to Spring, 35, she was breastfeeding her 8-month-old baby in the front seat of a Chrysler 300M when police officers in a squad car motioned for them to pull over.

A policewoman came up to the car and told Spring and her husband, Rainford Michael Jackson, that she saw someone moving inside the car and thought they were trying to hide someone.

"So I opened the car door and said, 'Look, no one is here,' " Spring said. "My 5-year-old daughter was in the back seat." That's when, Spring said, she was told to "shut up" and tensions escalated.

"I said, 'Don't tell me to shut up, you shut up,' " Spring recounted yesterday. "Then she told me to get out of the car and started counting to 10.

"When she got to 10, she said, 'I'm going to arrest you.' I said, 'What did I do for you to arrest me? I'm breastfeeding my kid.' I know I'm from the Caribbean, but I never thought I would be arrested for breastfeeding my kid.

"Then she tried to pull me out. She slapped me in the face, so I bit her." The two policewomen, now backed up by two policemen, then pulled Spring out of the car and onto the ground.

"While I'm holding the baby, they kept pulling me out. The baby was breastfeeding. They said, 'Let the baby go.' I said, 'I won't.' " The courier's video, aired on CTV, shows Spring on the ground as two officers handcuff her. The car door is ajar.

Montreal police Sgt. Laurent Gingras, acting as a spokesperson for the police, said yesterday his colleagues' actions seemed appropriate.

Gingras said Jackson was already out of the car when an officer approached.

When police saw the baby in the front seat - not in a car seat - and the girl in the back seat not wearing a seat belt, they wanted to issue infractions. To do so, they needed the parents' identification and the parents refused to give it, Gingras said.

"I don't know how it happened exactly," Gingras said. "I saw nothing in the images on CTV that seemed out of place. The woman was resisting her arrest and she bit the police officer. That's not normal." Spring said her husband, who has used a cane since a car accident two years ago left him disabled, was also handcuffed and the four of them - including her infant son and daughter - were taken to a police station, a fact confirmed by Gingras.

But while Gingras said they were released shortly thereafter "for humanitarian reasons" with a promise to appear in court, Spring said the family was kept inside the squad car, just outside the station, for five hours.

"It's really ridiculous," Spring said. "I'm being charged with assaulting an officer. They kept me in the vehicle for five hours. I think they were doing it out of spite. ... They said, 'Okay, you're breastfeeding, so we'll let you go. Otherwise we would have kept you until tomorrow.' " On top of the assault charge, Spring and Jackson face charges of obstructing justice and must appear in court May 22.

Rev. Darryl Gray, of the Imani Family and Full Gospel Church, who met with the family yesterday, said he was shocked by the allegations at a time when relations between the black community and the police are already fragile.

"When you're talking about a family of four, with an 8-month-old and a 5-year-old child involved, it's hard to explain how these types of things happen," Gray said.

"Something that could start out very innocent, a minor traffic violation, escalates into allegations of excess force and police brutality. The community doesn't need it and the police force doesn't need it, either." Gray said he promised to help the family seek some form of resolution, starting tomorrow with a meeting with the commander of Station 26 and the police ethics committee.

Gray also suggested Spring and Jackson speak to a lawyer.

He said he is eager to hear the police's full version of the story. He speculated that the five-hour wait in the car was for officers to get their stories straight.

Spring and Jackson say it's not the first time they have been pulled over and harassed since they bought a new car three years ago.

"But never in my life I would think this would happen here," said Spring, who has been in Canada for nine years. Her husband has been here for 22 years. "I've never had a problem before in this country."

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Here's another one. No towel & cane, just breast feeding, tinted windows, & drama. Is this racist?

Routine traffic stop gets ugly

Police officer bitten by breastfeeding woman

By CATHERINE SOLYOM, The GazetteMarch 8, 2009

Versions of what happened before Lafleur Spring bit the police officer differ substantially.

Montreal police say they pulled over Spring and her husband Friday morning because their car windows seemed overly tinted, an offence under Quebec's Highway Code.

And when the woman refused to identify herself, they tried to force her out of the car. That's when she bit a police officer.

Spring and her husband, however, say that if anyone was too aggressive, it was the police - who were filmed by a passing courier on his BlackBerry as they wrestled with the woman on the ground.

What's clear is that what might have been a routine stop in C??te des Neiges soon turned ugly.

According to Spring, 35, she was breastfeeding her 8-month-old baby in the front seat of a Chrysler 300M when police officers in a squad car motioned for them to pull over.

A policewoman came up to the car and told Spring and her husband, Rainford Michael Jackson, that she saw someone moving inside the car and thought they were trying to hide someone.

"So I opened the car door and said, 'Look, no one is here,' " Spring said. "My 5-year-old daughter was in the back seat." That's when, Spring said, she was told to "shut up" and tensions escalated.

"I said, 'Don't tell me to shut up, you shut up,' " Spring recounted yesterday. "Then she told me to get out of the car and started counting to 10.

"When she got to 10, she said, 'I'm going to arrest you.' I said, 'What did I do for you to arrest me? I'm breastfeeding my kid.' I know I'm from the Caribbean, but I never thought I would be arrested for breastfeeding my kid.

"Then she tried to pull me out. She slapped me in the face, so I bit her." The two policewomen, now backed up by two policemen, then pulled Spring out of the car and onto the ground.

"While I'm holding the baby, they kept pulling me out. The baby was breastfeeding. They said, 'Let the baby go.' I said, 'I won't.' " The courier's video, aired on CTV, shows Spring on the ground as two officers handcuff her. The car door is ajar.

Montreal police Sgt. Laurent Gingras, acting as a spokesperson for the police, said yesterday his colleagues' actions seemed appropriate.

Gingras said Jackson was already out of the car when an officer approached.

When police saw the baby in the front seat - not in a car seat - and the girl in the back seat not wearing a seat belt, they wanted to issue infractions. To do so, they needed the parents' identification and the parents refused to give it, Gingras said.

"I don't know how it happened exactly," Gingras said. "I saw nothing in the images on CTV that seemed out of place. The woman was resisting her arrest and she bit the police officer. That's not normal." Spring said her husband, who has used a cane since a car accident two years ago left him disabled, was also handcuffed and the four of them - including her infant son and daughter - were taken to a police station, a fact confirmed by Gingras.

But while Gingras said they were released shortly thereafter "for humanitarian reasons" with a promise to appear in court, Spring said the family was kept inside the squad car, just outside the station, for five hours.

"It's really ridiculous," Spring said. "I'm being charged with assaulting an officer. They kept me in the vehicle for five hours. I think they were doing it out of spite. ... They said, 'Okay, you're breastfeeding, so we'll let you go. Otherwise we would have kept you until tomorrow.' " On top of the assault charge, Spring and Jackson face charges of obstructing justice and must appear in court May 22.

Rev. Darryl Gray, of the Imani Family and Full Gospel Church, who met with the family yesterday, said he was shocked by the allegations at a time when relations between the black community and the police are already fragile.

"When you're talking about a family of four, with an 8-month-old and a 5-year-old child involved, it's hard to explain how these types of things happen," Gray said.

"Something that could start out very innocent, a minor traffic violation, escalates into allegations of excess force and police brutality. The community doesn't need it and the police force doesn't need it, either." Gray said he promised to help the family seek some form of resolution, starting tomorrow with a meeting with the commander of Station 26 and the police ethics committee.

Gray also suggested Spring and Jackson speak to a lawyer.

He said he is eager to hear the police's full version of the story. He speculated that the five-hour wait in the car was for officers to get their stories straight.

Spring and Jackson say it's not the first time they have been pulled over and harassed since they bought a new car three years ago.

"But never in my life I would think this would happen here," said Spring, who has been in Canada for nine years. Her husband has been here for 22 years. "I've never had a problem before in this country."

F*ck that, arrest her for child endangerment...an 8 month old not in a car seat, just being held in the front seat? child abuse.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    seriously, pull over and feed your child, dumbass!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

sydney morning herald

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    seriously, pull over and feed your child, dumbass!

Perhaps they could've handled the situation better, but that would be my first thought. I wouldn't drive around cutting my kids hair with scissors.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

The police might have gotten out of hand, but isn't a very normal part of getting pulled over by the police the act of showing them your ID? Why the resistance? By fronting on that, it seems like they set a very bad tone for the rest of the exchange, if that's what indeed happened.