School me on Bill Withers

13»

Comments

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    I have the 'You Got the Stuff' 12 with the long breakdown

everything else is unnnecccescsarry

I agree, the long breakdown is ill. Actually it's the only bit of Withers I played within the last few years.

Great song but the part 1:21 - 1:43 is just awful. Definitely needs to be edited. With that cheese part it's unplayable IMO.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    And yo, if you say you collect records but not even up on ESSENTIAL artists like Bill Withers.......*SMH*
    Some people have to start somewhere, right?.

Indeed. However, that place is not Soulstrut.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    And yo, if you say you collect records but not even up on ESSENTIAL artists like Bill Withers.......*SMH*
    Some people have to
    start somewhere[/b], right? Not everyone is scouring ebay looking for raers all day. I love browsing around the strut, but damn.

the record store?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I have the 'You Got the Stuff' 12 with the long breakdown

everything else is unnnecccescsarry

The LP version pales in comparison. I must say that, at least on the underappreciated tip, I'm also partial to "All Because Of You" from the 'Bout Love album.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    I need khakis AND soul! The Gap here I come!

that's a banger. How many times has the average american heard that song and still: that's a good song.

Maybe it was the so fresh and so clean dancers; not sure; but that's great.

lovely day.

the more lovely day is played in any setting is fine by me. thats the kind of song that everyone needs to hear and if people want to use it to sell khakis or movies or tampons, F*ck it, play it. in the end it will make the world a better place

that song can not get played out

• Absolutely one of my favorite Withers tracks.

First song I thought of when I opened this thread.