The Dream - Love Vs. Money

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    those two guest appearances aren't bad but yeah they just seem kinda weird on the album. rhianna track on the first fit much better

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    The first album is classique, but does no one else find the constant "ay ay ay" and "ella ella ella"'s a bit irritating? It's like, ok, we get that you produced Umbrella...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah i dont know if i can take another album of his adlibs.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    So this takes us to the next point - Who is the better songwriter/artiste - the Dream or Ne-Yo?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    all the collabs on the 1st one were good -- but id rather hear a fab guest verse than a kanye one. i like the mariah song

& his adlibs are classique also

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dream is a better rapper

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    So this takes us to the next point - Who is the better songwriter/artiste - the Dream or Ne-Yo?

Ne-Yo channeling MJ
    Dream channeling Prince

two diff styles of R&B IMO.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ne yo is prolly more underrated around here but i def listen to the-dream more

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    all the collabs on the 1st one were good -- but id rather hear a fab guest verse than a kanye one. i like the mariah song

& his adlibs are classique also

Yes, the Mariah song is hoTT and so are the ad-libs.

ne yo is prolly more underrated around here but i def listen to the-dream more

Ne-Yo is more popular.

....meanwhile the latest Keyshia Cole is mediocre.

• I'm surprised so many people are diggin' this record. It pretty much sucks.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Ne-Yo channeling MJ
    Dream channeling Prince

two diff styles of R&B IMO.

This is an appropriate analogy. Dream must be better then because we all know that Prince is the better artiste (pre-New Power Generation stuff of course) than MJ. *ducks*

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm surprised so many people are diggin' this record. It pretty much sucks.

Did you like the first one?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

I'm have tempted to buy it, but not on SS's behalf. They like to make false accusations.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ....meanwhile the latest Keyshia Cole is mediocre.
    i disagree. the keri hilson was extremely disappointing though

Yall like that Jazmin Sullivan? I have dug everything I've heard so far.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    how much better would this album be if "my love" was after "sweat it out"

• I'm surprised so many people are diggin' this record. It pretty much sucks.

It had its moments...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

How anyone can think an album with 'Kelly's 12play' on it sucks is beyond me

It had its moments...

I think this kind of music might not be for you...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Clean the cd, check for scratches
    Get up on my mattress

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

His singsong rap on fancy w the swooping strings just before the drums come in is serious d-_-b

• I think this kind of music might not be for you...
    I can only thank God for that.

I'm kidding. His first record was pretty good, but I wasn't in love with it like most people in this thread seem to be.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The first album is hot but Im not about to place it next to 12Play,Guy's debut,or Mary's first two.

Its not Paradigm-Shift shit.

• Sayin'.

The first album is hot but Im not about to place it next to 12Play,Guy's debut,or Mary's first two.

I actually kind of disagree w/ u.

I actually kind of disagree w/ u.

Placing it next to other classics is cool in terms of Private Mind Garden, but to say its game-changin like those classics, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yeah I think time will reveal that dudes start looking to their production and writing as perfected on that record as "the sound". We'll see.

Yeah I think time will reveal that dudes start looking to their production and writing as perfected on that record as "the sound". We'll see.

U think it will change the production game the way D'Angelo's/Erykah's/Maxwell's debuts, where there's a gang of artists taking cues from the production?

I think the one flaw is the fact that's the first part of the album takes Prince's drum machine steez and builds on that. Nikki/Purple Kisses? Very derivative and not that "original" IMO.

For me it was a good re-interpretation w/out the wanna be eclectic Blackman/scarf-wearin/guitar-rockin'/lace underwears steez that dudes bring along when channeling Prince.

I just cant put dude w/ R.Kelly.........yet.