What were you doing when you were 15?

2»

Comments

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

I was practicing my beatboxing.

On the toilet? Cause I hear bathrooms got the mad acoustic vibes, yo.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

the flame that burns twice as bright

burns only half as long

"And you have burned so very brightly, Roy"

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    like mostly everyone here...

doing acid up in the hills near my house.

not getting along with my parents.

wore a trenchcoat. got accused of being a faggot a lot.

listened to the following ^^flapp^^:

• Options
    I belive Dennis brown was 9 when he first started at Studio 1, also Freddie McGregor/Stranger Cole were both very young teenagers wehn they began recording...jackie Mittoo was a mid-teen wehn he began aranging timeless rhythms...

Me I was cruising on my Christian Hosoi to record shops at Markham/KEnnedy and Eglinton etc, blowing hash oil joints wtih rockers, listeining to run DMC and genesis era hip hop with the first wave of B-boys (st Clair painter caps represent), and schooling cats on the volleyball/basketball court on the regular.

DOn't feel much different today, although it was 19 years ago.

K.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

Craig Kelly R.I.P.

I had the opportunity to ride with him few times. I feel very lucky. A legend.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

and

trying to
    find loose girls

That about sums it up.

15, 1971.

In the spring I got stoned for the first time, skipped gym and went to McDonalds, skipped all day and tried to shut down DC and got arrested, got a girlfriend and to 3rd base.

I was learning to play John Hurt songs on the guitar (no child prodigy). Listening to John Hurt, Bob Dylan, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Phil Oches records. In the summer I was going to free concerts at P Street Beach, Fort Reno and The Mall. I likely heard Sky Cobb (legendary DC band) Liz Meyers, Danny Gatton, Emmy Lou Harris, Elizebeth Cotton, Flora Molton, John Jackson, The Ann Arbor Up and a hundred bands that played Chuck Berry and Rolling Stones songs.

I got my first job, telephone soliciting for a phony charity.

Dan

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Skateboarding everyday. Listening to hip-hop - all that classic shit.

Playing baseball. And testing out the tree.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    damn - so many skaters. if anyone is in Toronto, make sure to tell me - my BF has a skate shop.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    damn - so many skaters. if anyone is in Toronto, make sure to tell me - my BF has a skate shop.

its not the new one in the junction is it?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    15. Summertime.
    Applying graffiti to freight trains on the regular.
    Eating mad Otter Pops.
    Trying to save up for some 1200s by working in a box factory.
    Smoking Marijuana recreationally. Cigarettes recreationally.
    Making out with my friends' girlfriends.
    Wandering around abandoned industrial complexes.

no - but go to that one, too - those are good guys. they used to run the one on Queen West - Empire.

it's the one in the Beaches - Hammer.

ahh the polar opposite.. im a junction dude me self.. always happy to see new biz movin into the hood.

if only we could get an lcbo then i'd be really happy.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

ahh the polar opposite.. im a junction dude me self.. always happy to see new biz movin into the hood.

if only we could get an lcbo then i'd be really happy.

there used to be a really good restaurant up there - ay caramba, but it shut down.

wasn't that part of town dry up until the past 15 yrs or so? yea - i can't think of anything close to you unless you go to bloor or dupont.

there used to be a really good restaurant up there - ay caramba, but it shut down.

wasn't that part of town dry up until the past 15 yrs or so? yea - i can't think of anything close to you unless you go to bloor or dupont.

there's alot of great cheap restaurants up here.. couple good cheap watering holes too.

no liquor until 1997!!!!

insanity

the beer store is actually only like 4 blocks from here but you gotta go under the bridge and to me that always feels like a bigger distance than it is.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

Not proud, just how it was.

KDAY

• weed + hardcore + skateboards = me at 15

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Masterbating

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

1. Working in a grocery store for scrills. I'd pick up any shift I could cause livin' at home and in high school - it seemed like A LOT of cash!!

2. Playing drums and largely through that - gettin' into jazz seriously. My local library had a great collection that I'd borrow the max of every two weeks. It was like woah. A whole new world opening up.

3. High school and pick-up.

4. Only negative was that I didn't get my swerve on with the girls until another couple years. Not that I didn't want to - just hadn't learned the game!!

4. Listenin' to great hip-hop!!!!

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

Yo really?? Which one?

Yo really?? Which one?

this one!

Hammer

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Sayin'.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    1985 and I was just getting into punk rock and buying my first guitar, both of which lead to a bit of an identity crisis that hung with me for a couple of years. I wasn't sure how a black kid from Jamaica Queens fit into the whole punk thing, and felt sort of dis-loyal to my old friends who were only into black music and thought I was crazy for bringing home records by bands like Suicidal Tendencies and Minor Threat. Took me a little while to work all that out.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts
    not drinking or smoking,
    discovered bob dylan. otherwise only really listened to hip hop & motown
    started mc ing
    broke leg skateboarding
    sported a ridiculous high top