mf doom about the imposters

13»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Thanks for posting this.

Hearing somebody else recite those lines makes me appreciate just how ill Doom is even more.

And I don't even say words like "ill!"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Black Bastards is really dark, which is why it appeals to me a little more than Mr Hood, which I also like a lot.

Yeah, it definitely gets more play than Mr. Hood.

The f*ck was that, man? Shit blew my head.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Doom has one of my favorite lines ever in rap music: "Only in America can you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct."

dude has quotes for days. "borderline schizo/sorta fine tits though."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Black Bastards definitely gets more play than Mr. Hood.

• Doom can eat a dick

/thread.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    doom can rhyme good, and sometimes he has good beats. that's it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Actually since Australia has the most tribute bands in the world I think we should have a crack at it... (Sheep? Kinetic? You down? )

I think I'll sit this one out

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Actually since Australia has the most tribute bands in the world I think we should have a crack at it... (Sheep? Kinetic? You down? )

I think I'll sit this one out

Its money in the bank man...... Just got ot track down one of them masks on ebay....

F*ck it, since cunts down here love their kareoke we can combine the two...lets have a 'best Dr Doom impersonator' contest! The winner can get a beatdown from the CM crew!

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    .lets have a 'best Dr Doom impersonator' contest! The winner can get a beatdown from the CM crew!
    Wha?

If doom really has somebody performing live as him that is corny but I gotta say he is one of the only rappers I can listen to nowaday.. Doomsday-mr hood and black bastards are great records....

On a side note I have a copy of a cassette with 10 beats subroc made before he passed..stuff that didn't make black bastards... I met dooms/subs cousin dim through EGGPLANT XANADU(seriously)-that's where the tape came from... Hopefully the beats will get put out at some point.. There is some really good stuff on it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    post some snippets up!!!!

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    if I find sum time this week, I'll try to make some short clips of the tape..

Im a fan of his stuff, but strickly chilling at home stoned or on the walkman style. Defintiely not a club banga or party tune (unless your hanging with heavy hip hop heads).

Also gotta big up the man for bringing in that whole "He..." style, thats ahuge shift from MC's focus on the "I/Me" style.... I dont know any other MC thats really pushing that angle.

2 questions though. When/Why did he first change up his flow/voice? And has he done any collabs with Kool Keith?

BTW we need a Doom graemlin....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And has he done any collabs with Kool Keith?

Stephen King

• The first thing Mos Def is quoting..."Rap Snitches"...I don't think Doom rapped that. I thought it was one of the Monster Island dudes.

And has he done any collabs with Kool Keith?

cheers...

• And has he done any collabs with Kool Keith?

cheers...