DB Cooper's California Tour Is On!

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I was going to post this in the I'm Coming to San Francisco forum, but incredibly, Raj hasn't created it yet.So, after much postponement, I'm coming to SF, LA, and SD. The dates are:SF: Friday, May 22-Tuesday, May 26LA: Tuesday, May 26-Thursday, May 28SD: Thursday, May 28-Wednesday, June 3I'm looking forward to kicking it with you West Coast folls! If you have a DJ night or gig while I'm in your city, let me know. If you're down to kick it, let me know here, or hit me on the PM. I think Gary, Cas, and I are going to record a song. Maybe a banjo-hop track. Holler if you want to get down.Also, please to knowledge me on what I absolutely should not miss when I'm in your town.Pictures of cats are also acceptable in this thread.

Comments

• Holler at B-Cause and/or I. I'm positive we'll be both deejaying during your time out here.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Holler at B-Cause and/or I. I'm positive we'll be both deejaying during your time out here.

Rad. And excellent cat contribution.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

This is not a cat.

I hope you're practicing up on that banjo. I think we should replay classic breaks on random items found in your garage, and lay some moody banjo loops over them. Then take verses from 4 or 5 different rap songs, and intersplice them with a chorus from a Motown accapella. Then add some background party sounds from us being drunk, and punctuate it all with a little 808. Thus creating the ultimate banjo hop posse cut.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    And then start 5 seperate threads about it on soulstrut?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Have a blast...

And then start 5 seperate threads about it on soulstrut?

YES. To receive the acclaim it will so richly deserve. We should press up 50 copies and sell them for $85 each, DWG style. The b-side will be a crude etching of Cas and Anna's dog playing a banjo.

• Sheetwashing has commenced

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Sheetwashing has commenced

Ayo!

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    whaaaaaaaaa, i arrive in la on the 25th of may........carazy.....

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    but Batmon is all the way in NYC....

^^^^hhahahahahahahhahaahaaah^^^^
    totally unrelated but arrive there in june....

• Secret talks off strut-wide disneyland anahiem take-over.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    oh reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

SF: Friday, May 22-Tuesday, May 26

Pool party at my house! Let's make this happen. The anticipation for your arrival is indescribable.

• Ivan, can we put pizza on your roof again?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Ivan, can we put pizza on your roof again?

Hells no! The A5 or The A Fivan as I like to call it is too precious! Thankfully, all marks are gone from previous said pizza incident

Secret talks off strut-wide disneyland anahiem take-over.

Get outta town!!! I hope i'm there for it.....my little birdie told me i may be going there for my birsday!! Wooooooooo-oooooo!!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Enjoy the western sunshine, my friend. You definitely deserve it.

No hijack, but seriously, we need to get this tuesday night jammy crackenin'. I have vinyl that needs to be played!!!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

This would go a lot easier if they did it like they do w/lobster and just drop them in with the water already boiling.

That being said, I will be nowhere near Cali in May - FYI.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Holler at us when the date approaches!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    And that's the very week I am going to be in Colorado to attend my little bro's Air Force graduation, after which he'll stay in Boston, which was his first choice of stationing. On that note, is there anyone here around the Colorado Springs area that wishes to get some lunch and find thrift stores, time or rental car allowing? Let me know.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Got an annual pass in my wallet right neeeyow. Holler, batches!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    holler.

Got an annual pass in my wallet right neeeyow. Holler, batches!

The amount of grown men who i found have these in their possession and use them on the regular rather surprised me at 1st!!
    Now i think i get it......

Animated headz are most certainly not ready. IT'S GOING DOWN, PEOPLE!

SF: Friday, May 22-Tuesday, May 26

Pool party at my house! Let's make this happen. The anticipation for your arrival is indescribable.

HELLS. YES. It's 30 degrees and windy in Boston right now. I may just spend the next ten minutes mentally projecting myself to a pool party.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

Alright, it's almost that time. SD and SF have been flipped???I fly out to SD Thursday, 5/21, then up to LA on 5/26 through 5/28, then to SF from 5/28 to 6/3. Got some stuff already nailed down with some of y'all ( )

So, who's got gigs those nights? Young Phonics? BCause? LA looks pretty booked, but I should have some free days and nights in SD and SF. Holler if you want to get down, peoples!

Ferrari???hit me on teh PM with pool party specs. I'm going to a ballgame Friday night, but I can do most other days. Also, for bonus points, I'll be in SF for my birthday, Sunday, May 31.

LET'S DO THIS.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i am free to drink bourbon any night you are in sd.