So what did I miss: TUNNEL TYPE NY RAP 96-01 ish

13»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    just playin this thread was funny, B+ would read again

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    so 'tunnel bangers' = rap pop charts minus cash money & no limit? lol new york

in 97 - in small amounts.

Besides the big hits, why would Fatima & Them wanna hear a Cash Money album cut?

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    oh i forgot mystikal

2000 i got quite the run out of this one he has a great voice

great track... somewhere i have a white label 7" w/ (i think) Michael Rose singing Shine Eye Gal over the Danger instro... still play it now to good reponse...

what? he is one of my favorite voices in reggae. and this beat is classique. although shine eye gal has a much faster bpm than the danger beat. hmmm.

you must find this allegorical piece at once and share it!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Fatima & Them

lol.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Thread title = TUNNEL TYPE NY RAP 96-01 ish

Which New-York artist had an album out on Cash Money or No Limit during that period ?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    More than half the time those records were broken at the Tunnel. Hence "tunnel bangers". Maybe Chicago didn't/doesn't have an influential venue that sets the trend for the rest of the market but it's not some ridiculous concept, it's how club music has worked since forever. lol deej

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    More than half the time those records were broken at the Tunnel. Hence "tunnel bangers". Maybe Chicago didn't/doesn't have an influential venue that sets the trend for the rest of the market but it's not some ridiculous concept, it's how club music has worked since forever. lol deej

Doth mine eyes deceive me?

Whatever else deejery might be, I had been under the impression that it was always clurb compliant.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    where's the Jah Rule youtubes?

to my recollection NY radio airtime during this period was at least 50% Jah Rule sensitive thug duets

lol

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    I'm feelin like we're missing some Shyne up in here, up in here.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

to my recollection NY radio airtime during this period was at least 50% Jah Rule sensitive thug duets

lol

I'm pretty sure Young Phonics already has doubles of all the thug luv ballads...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

lol

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

lol

I'm pretty sure Young Phonics already has doubles of all the thug luv ballads...

UMG won't allow embedding but just to take folks back: Ja Rule + Ashanti: Mesmerize.

It's a wonder 50 had to even go at Ja when he was already successfully ethering himself.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts

It's a wonder 50 had to even go at Ja when he was already successfully ethering himself.

50 Cent would battle a bag of mulch if got him a rotation through the pop media.

• where's the Jah Rule youtubes?

lol

UMG won't allow embedding but just to take folks back: Ja Rule + Ashanti: Mesmerize.

but you would find me occasionally running this

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Thread title = TUNNEL TYPE
    NY RAP 96-01 ish

Which New-York artist had an album out on Cash Money or No Limit during that period ?

if its 'new york artists' then why are folks listing mystikal?? (post-no limit mystikal, of course)

i said i was just playing / baiting anyway, its a funny/good thread, but yah in chicago teenage fatima n nem were bumping cash money album tracksss at least where i was in h.s.

but whatever i didnt have a serious point in this thread, i was just baiting

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i said i was just playing / baiting anyway, its a funny/good thread, but yah in chicago teenage fatima n nem were bumping cash money album tracksss at least where i was in h.s.

Yeah the same can be said for Jersey.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    great track... somewhere i have a white label 7" w/ (i think) Michael Rose singing Shine Eye Gal over the Danger instro... still play it now to good reponse...

what? he is one of my favorite voices in reggae. and this beat is classique. although shine eye gal has a much faster bpm than the danger beat. hmmm.

yes pls

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What about this one? I always dug this beat.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

no

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

no

Oh well. It had a good three-week run down in Greensboro when it first dropped. Then it fell off the face of the earth.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

yes pls

ok

i dug it out the other day, it was at my girl's place... on relistening, i think it's Junior Reid, not Michael Rose... shit is dope... i will bring it back to my place and digitize that shit ASAP...

i am gonna start a seperate thread for reggae/hip hop bootleg blends right now!

• What about this one? I always dug this beat.

no

you never like any rap, dude. You're like Dizzy Bull practically.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

no

you never like any rap, dude. You're like Dizzy Bull practically.

F*ck Rap.

If u wanna play this shit during a "Tunnel-steez" set. Feel Free.

I actually like the song, but it doesnt fit w/ your requests.

At the time the Tunnel was hot there were plenty of other clubs and places that were doing other things, so that should make you feel free to play other stuff.

Flex was going in on some Tunnel bangers last night.

Niggaz Done Started Something - Mase,The LOX,DMX

"BIG KAP YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS WHEN WE DROPPED THIS ONE. WOOOOOWWWWWWWWW....." (bomb drop)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Question: so...what exactly was it like in the Tunnel BITD?

Stories, pleaze.

(I just have a vision of Flex yelling over a mic and hitting that bomb button heavy)

• more stories plz

Question: so...what exactly was it like in the Tunnel BITD?

As a young one, I worked nights at a place right across the street from Twilo (wow, I'm gettin' old) and one block away from the Tunnel. That area was also a major prostitution and drug hotspot bordered by the West Side Highway on one side and projects on the other.

In the years I spent there I saw all of the following:

1.brawls
    2.near riots
    3.police cordons ( at one point, you couldn't walk down the street on Friday+ Saturday nights due to barricades)
    4.sundry folks wasted to the point of oblivion passed out under the old elevated train tracks
    5.one shooting
    6.one massive police manhunt with helicopter (someone got shot outside the Tunnel)
    7.loads of naked hookers wearing furs
    8.cab drivers nearly running over people
    9.undercover cops posing as hookers/cab drivers/wasted Beckys)
    10.house music dudes staggering out of Twilo at 12pm on Sunday having been there since 2 AM, with the music still rocking
    11.one pimp in a red suit and matching hat
    12.a whole lot of baggy clothing.
    13. Wu-Tang

..and , yeah, that was all outside the club.