So what did I miss: TUNNEL TYPE NY RAP 96-01 ish

Comments

• and yeah the remix of Quiet Storm is basically a fail move to play when deejaying.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    and yeah the remix of Quiet Storm is basically a fail move to play when deejaying.

No, you play the first verse of the OG and then you cut in Kim's verse like boom.

Peace to the dude who droppec "Is that your bitch" and drag-on in this thread.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    and yeah the remix of Quiet Storm is basically a fail move to play when deejaying.

No, you play the first verse of the OG and then you cut in Kim's verse like boom.

Haha. That's exactly what you do. Is that in the hip-hop DJ handbook or something? Dudes do that in Chicago all the time.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

Nevermind the Tunnel...I need to hear this through a stadium sound system. So massive.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'd like to think the kufi-cave is not so deep that dude's never played Superthug or Ante Up before...

I got to exited and wanted to rep for my favorites. How about this:

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

best parts:

- ed lover doing eric b
    - missy getting cozy on the dancefloor
    - benjamins being played multiple times in an 8 minute span (when was it not in '97)
    - watching a club dj talk on the mic - do not see that anymore. he did it well.

other obvious/not so obvious east coast '96 - '01 songs not mentioned so far that still go over well with the above 25 crowd:

dmx - get at me dog

black rob - whoa

ruff rhyders anthem

lox - money, power, respect

big pun - not a player (og version)

nore - banned from tv

lil kim - big momma thing

foxy - get you home tonight

jay-z - who you wit

biggie & lil kim- another

jadakiss - we gonna make it

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I feel lucky I lived in NY state during the late 90s, mix tapes where insane during those times, you would see 5 new tapes a week. My boy had the bootlegs 5 bucks a piece or 5 for twenty.

I probably still have a ton in storage up there.

• "WHOA" is the one in this thread. Phonics would skraight shock 'em with that one.

And Rey, thanks for posting that Drag-On--love that video!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Some of these are technically not "TUNNEL TYPE RAP" but more like "CLUB SPEED TYPE RAP"

• OBV.

Scary as F*ck to be in the Tunnel when this shit came on. Riots, cats mating with dogs, people in wheelchairs beating up bouncers. Madness.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

OBV.

Scary as F*ck to be in the Tunnel when this shit came on. Riots, cats mating with dogs, people in wheelchairs beating up bouncers. Madness.

LMAO

This answer pretty much sums up the "what did I miss from that era" part of the question.

Most strutters = way too shook to actually be at the Tunnel for Mecca, so they are trying to live it through the safety of the internet a decade later!

I was all of 14 in 1998, but in my internet aided mind-tunnnel, this is a major hit:

• NORE and his Murder Unit tore the Tunnel the F*ck up. Breaking bouncers arms and shit. All sorts of wildness. One of the most crazed scenes I've ever witnessed.

more stories plz

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Maaaaaaaannn....

Yall need those Irv Gotti bangers.

Yall know what im talking about. Maybe ill scour you tube.

• Great era for Bad Boy. Black Rob & G Dep were my favorites. Speaking of Dep, anyone up on his recent tape "Deponomics"? That's my sheeit!

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    oh i forgot mystikal

2000 i got quite the run out of this one he has a great voice

• I'd like to think the kufi-cave is not so deep that dude's never played Superthug or Ante Up before...

both are all time classics to me. Didn't drop "Superthug" but played "Ante Up", out of "made you look" last night. Also flipside but that's what 2003?

The remix was not big in the bay. HOT DAMN HOE HERE WE GO AGAIN

Most strutters = way too shook to actually be at the Tunnel for Mecca, so they are trying to live it through the safety of the internet a decade later!

The mention of the "tunnel" was mad tongue-in-cheek but yeah I was shook for not taking a plane to New York and not trying to sneak in as a teenaged butterball.

Shouldn't you be trying to re-live the Loft 30+ years on the Milliondollardisco forum or some shit?

DUDE... The Donger is not trying to re-live The Loft.

He is trying to relive Cafe Con Leche, trannies and all!

• DUDE... The Donger is not trying to re-live The Loft.

He is trying to relive Cafe Con Leche, trannies and all!

spicey

you meant to say: ay, que rico!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    oh i forgot mystikal

2000 i got quite the run out of this one he has a great voice

great track... somewhere i have a white label 7" w/ (i think) Michael Rose singing Shine Eye Gal over the Danger instro... still play it now to good reponse...

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

• He is trying to relive Cafe Con Leche, trannies and all!

Oh Mary! Dont be a mess, what a show. Shout outs to Naudio Feliz and Joe Sheridan wherever they may be. Real(ly) Messy Headz Know the Deal.

• I mean this is a pleasant way, but looks like I pretty much have a lot of the bangers.

Who's holding onto the white label/freestyle joints though?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Who's holding onto the white label/freestyle joints though?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    so 'tunnel bangers' = rap pop charts minus cash money & no limit? lol new york