IT'S BACK. WHAT YALL FOLKS DRINKING?

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I just had some Soju and a Budweiser with chips and salsa. I'm about to crash. Bye.

Comments

• drumsdrums 83 Posts
    Been a big fan of these for the last couple of months:

And on special occasions:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I had my first "reinforced" Guinness over the weekend. I guess that means they pour whisky in it. And Cynar (that artichoke stuff that's in the Artful Dodger--a personal favorite)... I didn't hate it, but it was pretty rough. I don't think I'll be ordering one again any time soon.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Had a pint of this with the one Dreas and the infamous gymespuckey while in NYC and fell completely in love.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Just got back from the liquor store. It is not a game son! Here is what I got on the kitchen counter.

Blame it on the A A A A A Alcohol....

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I got out of work early and started off the night with a Don Julio Blanco / Grand Marnier Margarita.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I got out of work early and started off the night with a Don Julio Blanco / Grand Marnier Margarita.

I LOVE Don Julio(no homo). Don't believe the Patron hype. Don Julio Tequila is the business.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Tamdhu 10 year single malt scotch tonight. Nothing special, but a good every day scotch you can get on the cheap.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Almost finished a bottle of 2004 Horton Norton. I've got 6 more of these in the rack I'm holding on to.. the 2005 vintage is disappointing so I've been buying up all the 2004 I can find.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    P.S.

Chili-infused dark chocolate pairs well with single malts.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I'm rolling with:

...but thinkin' 'bout:

• Mostly Stella or Duvel, and the last good cocktail was a mix of citrus vodka, passionfruit vodka, ginger beer, lime juice and sweet and sour - with a lemon wedge.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    High-end Napa Cab. Always.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    donated some blood and had a magic hat.

• How do you spell "hoity-toity"? Is that right?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Water with lemon.

I know...boring, huh?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    High-end Napa Cab. Always.
    NEVER!!!/B>

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

this shit is SO fresh right now. first batch dropped a week ago. it smells and tastes like the strawberry vendors on the side of the state highways around NOLA.

i'm usually not into sweet beers but these are seriously

i'm downing them like water bottles recently

• mint tea with honey

• Options
    KNocked back 4 pints of Guinness tonight. Other than beers on the social tip, I don't drink.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    it smells and tastes like the strawberry vendors on the side of the state highways around NOLA.

Like the vendors themselves?

I'm not drinking much these days but I am craving a hot day with a cold Mexican beer soon. Any recommendations for an unusual but good one?

• Mostly Stella or Duvel, and the last good cocktail was a mix of citrus vodka, passionfruit vodka, ginger beer, lime juice and sweet and sour - with a lemon wedge.

That sounds delicious! Does it have a name??

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Hey Dstill808...
    what's the delicious looking drink in your avatar that looks like a very murky mojito?

this:

it looks damn refreshing and citrusy from here

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    Here in Buenos Aires it's all about the Fernet y coca.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts

Is Fernet & coke just a bad trend that never went away or is it REALLY that crackin' of a drink? Don't make me find out.

• Becks
    Listening to Born like this and reading le strut

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Just had Fernet & Coca for the first time a couple weeks. it's the rael dael.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Last night I drank a bunch of Tsing Tao while we were bbq-ing at the shop, then we went uptown to the new French bistro at 125th/Lennox and I had Sapphire (martini) and two glasses of the house Chardonnay, a glass of desert wine which I didn't much care for, then a can of Modelo once I got home.

Now I'm going to go have a round or two of Jameson with a Heineken across the street from the store.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Saving up for Atlantic City Beerfest tomorrow.

• It's me and my ladys anniversario tonight. Finin' to crack open a bottle of wine I got in Paris 3 three years ago. Straight up private press wine from teh french countryside piff. you ain't seeing me with bi-focal telescopes.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

hate to tell you dog...