gawdamn i love soulstrut

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
not to get too emo on ya'll, but for real I don't always check up on soulstrut like I used to, but since 2001 when I started poasting here it's had such a big impact on everything I do and my approach towards music, and led to so many great real world moves and intros to like-minded people. feelin' the love ya'll...soulstrut por vida!!

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Seriously. You beat me to the punch. I was gonna do one of those emo thanks threads too.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yes

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yes

• Must be because the hollerboard is down

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Must be because the hollerboard is down

omg I am laughing so hard right now by myself wowww.. hahahahahahahaha

• Options
    ya,

good day for me too!

the strutters are related and it is good

like today I was practicing the wave from one hand to the other and back through the shoulders and shit.
    then I 1/2 it so my right hand was still in the wave and the left picked up another wave

..and without the strut..what?

lilmonstu

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    remember the great vinyl day rips of 2005? (6?) how much did that day flip ur wig repeatedly and fill up an external hard drive that is to this day being figured out?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Soulsturt is a major source of information about music for me, both old and new. One that springs to mind is that new Chase and Status track that someone posted about. I would never have heard of that cut if it weren't for that post, and now I'm rocking the shit outta that tune thanks to SS

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I get all my news from Soul Strut!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    impossible to overstate the positive impact this place has had on my music knowledge and general lol intake. thanks to all who share knowledge and funny stuff.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Co sign on all the above...

and may I add how much more motivated I am to come to work since I discovered SS (disclaimer- Im a tight ass thats too cheap to pay to have internet at home).

Sometimes I feel like taking a sickie, but then I worry what SS magic I may miss out on...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I HEART SOULSTRUT.

More than you'll ever know.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Co sign on all the above...

and may I add how much more motivated I am to come to work since I discovered SS (disclaimer- Im a tight ass thats too cheap to pay to have internet at home).

Sometimes I feel like taking a sickie, but then I worry what SS magic I may miss out on...
    careful to not get dizzybulled on out of that office buddy

i think the masthead "soulstrut has ruined all of our lives, now all we have is each other" pretty much sums it up.

i got lotsa love for el strutto

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I am forver greatful to this site as to plenty of ya'll(you know who you are) and this goes for each and everyone of you!!I've made allot of good friends here and for that, I'm greatful!

Tons of Knowledge, Tons of Humor and also(and in some rare cases) some real too!

I could have not have said it any better but I agree..

soulstrut por vida!!

Soulsturt is a major source of information about music for me, both old and new

I get all my news from Soul Strut!

thanks to all who share knowledge and funny stuff.

I HEART SOULSTRUT.

More than you'll ever know

"soulstrut has ruined all of our lives, now all we have is each other"

i got lotsa love for el strutto

Now, with that being said..I'm out

Thanks again soulstrut!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    It's alright, if you're into that sort of thing.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes! Can't say it enough without sounding too corny. Nevermind from the insane amount of knowledge dropped (music and otherwise), the humour and the mutual reaching out around here, THE PEOPLE! Real life and on the Board and in PMs - I feel lucky to have met some wonderful, kind and goodgood folks.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    the mutual reaching around

As DB_Cooper said, if you're into that sort of thing.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    22000+ posts hints that you very well may be

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

like today I was practicing the wave from one hand to the other and back through the shoulders and shit.
    then I 1/2 it so my right hand was still in the wave and the left picked up another wave

..and without the strut..what?

lilmonstu

Dude you make me laugh.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    As a relative newcomer, I'd just like to say how grateful I am to have finally found a bunch of folks as equally messed up as I am.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Soulstrut is the only place I've made friends on the internet. I know it sounds corny, but when I answer the question, "How do you know X?" with "we met on the internet," the person in question is a friend from soulstrut. It keeps me coming back.

Thank you soulstrut.

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    I love the strut because it let's me argue even when I am wrong and know nothing about the topic.

Thank You Soulstrut.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I pay to post here.

• I love soulstrut but I don't argue enough to show this appreciation. So you are all wrong, poor and white. Yeah!

• what everyone else said...

the strut has definitely added tons of value to my life in terms of music, current events and humor. for the most part, the quality of discourse is top notch.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    it's like a family you can always come back to, even after being away for a while.

hi everyone!!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    hi jaymack!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    it's like a family you can always come back to, even after being away for a while.

hi everyone!!

Hey Jay! I've been wondering where you wandered off to. Thought you might have suffered a freak gasoline fight accident, or were laying low after knocking up a stripper.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    knocking up a stripper

as good a reason as any to run away to the woods for an extended amount of time. thankfully that didnt happen. just been feeling the burn of the economy and tryin to get my schitt together. while its still not together by any means, i miss the old ss crew.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

hi everyone!!

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your screen name.

b/w

hey jay!