Is the Strut interested in a new Reflection Eterna

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
l album?i ride for the 1st album, and am def curious about a new one in 09'. or ?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm just going to guess you'll be on a lonely island.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, straight on this topic.folks acting like they never listened to "the blast"etc.

Do u actually think that can be recaptured?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i'm more interested in what hi-tek brings to the table,post working with dre, than talib. i never bothered to listen to any of his solo albums past the first.
    as far as recapturing,no, i want to see what they adapt that late90's indie style into for 09'.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That reminds me, I lost a couple of these tracks during the great computer crash of 2007. Does anybody have uploads of "Love Language" or the "Love Language Instro" handy?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yeah, straight on this topic.folks acting like they never listened to "the blast"etc.

I liked that album--and have a kept a copy--but always found the rapps pretty cringe-inducing.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i remember somebody on here was remixing a talib track, and they couldn't tell when the vocal was on beat,cause it was all offbeat.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    hi-tek has always been a great producer tho.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    What's he done recently?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• i think i heard hitek's latest solo cd at someones house on the weekend. The production and songs were so big budget top40 rap sounding. Nothing like the first RE 12" (classic IMO!)

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i didn't realize that hi-tek had a lot of bangers until i went to some redbull beat battle thing that he was guest hosting. the dj was dropping a slew of his cuts, and it made me realize that it's not reflection eternal that evokes my disdain, but really talib kweli. iraptoomanysyllablesintoonelinetomakerhymes.
    brown skin lady...

• Hi-tek is such a great producer. 50 Cent's Ryder Music...A KING MOST CLASSIQUE!

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    http://sharebee.com/6b0d02c9

"Internet Connection feat Bootsy Collins"

pretty weaksauce but who knows there could be some decent stuff in the pipeline

got a lot of love for hitek beats but HiTeknology 2 was a disappointment IMO

he's dre's aftermath ghostwriter nowadays right? so something should smack

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    i didn't realize that hi-tek had a lot of bangers until i went to some redbull beat battle thing that he was guest hosting. the dj was dropping a slew of his cuts, and it made me realize that it's not reflection eternal that evokes my disdain, but really talib kweli. iraptoomanysyllablesintoonelinetomakerhymes.
    brown skin lady...

That sums up why I don't like dudes style perfectly. It's like he's trying to cram the dic(pause for Queen Moist)tionary into every verse.

• IMO Kweli's improved with the years. I liked Eardrum. Hi-Tek on the other hand, that vol 2 was a disaster.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    brown skin lady...

I can take heavy syllables as long as the rhymes are entertaining. Once TK got all into the keep-your-head-up-seeing-life-through-my daughter's-eyes mega-earnest grown man rapp, I lost interest. Now I couldn't care less about him. I guess I'm too old/white for that shit now. I'll still ride for some old tracks like "The Blast" and "Fortified Live," but other than that I'm over him and Common as far as rapping.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    Hi-tek vol. 2 was great, vol.3 not so great. Vol. 2 made me really want to hear a Dion solo album, great singer...

I guess a new reflection eternal could be ok, i can tolerate talib kweli if it's over great beats.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Reflection Eternal remains in my crates, but I am not interested in another Reflection Eternal record. Tell me if it's good, okay?

Thanks,
    JRoot

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    IMO Kweli's improved with the years. I liked Eardrum.

Really? I feel like he totally peaked with "2000 Seasons".

• The only thing better than "The Blast" is that version with the female R&B singer whose name escapes me now. My wife used to play it all the time, but she just copped the "I only remember it by the sleeve" excuse.

Anyone?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Not sure about a different version of The Blast, but didn't Hi Tek used to work with a chick Jonell (sp?), they had that track Round and Round, with the method man remix?

I remember feeling that bitd...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    IMO Kweli's improved with the years. I liked Eardrum.

Correct

• IMO Kweli's improved with the years. I liked Eardrum.

Correct

Yeah I forgot about that song, probably is his best. My point is nowadays when he isn't so polysylabic all the time, his songs are of a more even quality, albeit lower than 2000 Seasons.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I haven't listened to this album.