Apt NYC?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
any of you been here before? someone told me its like all exclusive on some Hollywood shit to get in but i wanted to peep it out tomorrow night...any info on that?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nah dog anyone can get in, just come correct at the door, that's all.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Nah dog anyone can get in, just come correct at the door, that's all.

ah ok. you going there?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nah man got to go to Texas this week so I'll be in the crib the next couple nights, but you can catch me there on Mondays and Wednesday on the regular.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    ah werd. have fun in Texas!

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    they'll usually ask you, "what party are you here for?" if they don't recognize you, or if you look out of place. sometimes it just helps with the quality control because the area is pretty cornball. plus it's like fort knox up in there with 3 different door people to get through sometimes. downstairs (usually where the good music is) is pretty intimate.

• love that spot.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    pretty intimate.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    rainin' men.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

is this just moments after you were both (enjoyably) kicked in the balls? Is that what kind of club this is?

rainin' men.

Hollerlujah!

is this just moments after you were both (enjoyably) kicked in the balls? Is that what kind of club this is?

Step away from the geoduck images, T*mmy.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    APT is seen as some exclusive club to locals?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    The last time I went there for Bumpshop, co-host J*red had gotten kicked out of his own night for arguing with a bouncer. So there was drama and my friend and I couldn't get in no matter how hard I tried. But luckily my companion was good-looking so once she sweet-talked the bouncer for a minute or two, we got inside with no problem. Which would have been great if the club wasn't empty by then. Though I at least got to meet Dave T*mpkins and Chairman M*o so it wasn't a total loss.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    APT is the shit. I was there three times when i was in NY. Got to see Citizen Kane, Dj Eclipse, Premier and Bobitto. Never had any attitude there. One of the door guys was an aussie and even let me and my friends in for free.
    I ended up there on my last nite after we tried to go to this other place to see Flash play. After making us wait for 20mins outside an empty club and then trying to charge us $20 to get in even though we were on the guest list we left and went to APT.

• F1 SOUND SYSTEM.... NUFF SAID!

srsly, I played there in January and it was great. Rich Medina put me on and I got to do my thing and people where vibing and all of that. I always hope for the best for that spot.

and the bartenders poor heavy.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    F1 SOUND SYSTEM.... NUFF SAID!

srsly, I played there in January and it was great. Rich Medina put me on and I got to do my thing and people where vibing and all of that. I always hope for the best for that spot.

and the bartenders poor heavy.

Ditto. Citizen Kane had me out before as did Spinna. One of my favorite spots to play at hands down.
    Alec that does the bookings knows his shit as well.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    one of my favorite spots to slang records

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    pretty intimate.

"INTIMATE CLUB"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's Small Change that does all the bookings there now.

• CONCEITCONCEIT 145 Posts
    Have not been there since 01' but when I was there Bobbito was spinning and the only thing exclusive were the drinks at 12 bucks a pop for vodka cranberry...NOT COOL. But it's a chill spot.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Have not been there since 01' but when I was there Bobbito was spinning

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Have not been there since 01' but when I was there Bobbito was spinning

Almost made it back recently for Bumpshop, but I find it hard motivating to the meat pakcing cause if I know if I don't make it in, there isn't much else in the area I'm checking for. Been meaning to go back for a minute tho...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

This made me laugh pretty hard -- reminiscent of SS 2003!!

Thank you.
    JRoot

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I've always found APT to be laid back and friendly, though it's been a couple of years. Always a quality night. Always killer DJs ... Kenny Dope, that Daptone night (rollin' a j j for Sharon was a highlight), Egon, etc. And the house DJs often outshine the guests. I'll have to come down and hit it up again soon. The lady and I could use a night of drinkin' and shakin' to top notch soul (not much of that to be had in CT).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    The area has changed so much since APT first opened. Then again you can say the same for most of nyc.

Y'all look like you're doing the bankhead bounce in that pic.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    The flyer and everything looks promising. Too bad I am a few 1000 miles away. Maybe one day I will spin some Euroraer in there, ha! Have fun, O!