Paulo's latest update

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Absolutely insane list. You can complain about the prices but he will sell every single one of those records to happy customers I bet you. If he's really traveling the world doing this, he's got the best job of anyone I know.

And Patrick...really?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    And Patrick...really?

Seems like about once a year I'll have to get pissed and go on a rant on one of these sites when someone is surprised that they "threw away" a record that turned out to be rare and/or valuable... I don't understand where the hell these people learned that its okay to trash vinyl that isn't something like John Denver or Elton John.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah... like doesn't that fly in the face of every "digger instinct" evar?

I mean I buy records from folks all the time who are like "oh I didn't know those little ones with the big holes were worth anything... I just tossed 'em!" but like, a young dude who hangs w/ Veltri and Torres and reads soulstrut? EPIC FAIL

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    deserving of a beatdown

or a permanent bunny suit

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm saying... when I see him I'ma kick in the door, waiving the 4-4!

All I heard is "ay caramba papito, no mas por favor!"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    deserving of a beatdown

or a permanent bunny suit

Tough love and principles, you know?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Can Young Phonics even come back from this one?

Or should he maybe just invest in an alias?

"El_Conejo_Azul"???

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    what country is he based in?

Portuguese (portu-gesh) based in Paris.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    fool, the last thing we talk is "RAERZ" both on here and teh rael woirld

This shit right hear REALLY gets me steamed. Your living with your head in the sand and that'll be where it stays it seems. But this is a mentality that exists throughout the record digging culture. Does it stem from some sense for being wronged because you can't afford rare? To compensate for this sense of injustice you console yourself in assuming all rares are garbage, therefore, though unobtainable, aren't worth exploring in the first case- either through the intranet, comp's, or re-ish's?
    Let me tell you---> were there's a will, there's a way. A long time ago... through early luv n haight comp's, vibes from the tribe, etc... I started getting into rare grooves. I would do whatever it took to scrape together the cash. I ain't rich, I drive an '85 Ford F-150 and am a self employed tradesman. But don't be fooled, I got hella rare in the crates. I cut corners to keep up.... bought a shitbox house onna good street and fixed er up, etc... I play my game straight.
    What pisses me off is this plebe attitude: if you got rare you must be some dummass rich itallian investment banker like Marcofunk. F*ck that shit man, it the world ain't flat. You can think we be Ballers cuz we deign to spend our hard earned cash on art, but dude, if your so vicious in your derision of those that collect, your world becomes a lot smaller. A couple of months ago I copped the Thompsons LP. I was bouncing off the walls, tripping something fierce, listening to the madness. I took a picture of it, MP3'd the Mfucker and was about to pop it up on the weekend finds thread. Then I thought, shit, I'm riding such a high on this terrific slab o wax, why should I set myself up to being called a Baller on the strut by posting this heat. So I didn't.

On a sidenote: Paulo's the man.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    fool, the last thing we talk is "RAERZ" both on here and teh rael woirld

This shit right hear REALLY gets me steamed. Your living with your head in the sand and that'll be where it stays it seems. But this is a mentality that exists throughout the record digging culture. Does it stem from some sense for being wronged because you can't afford rare? To compensate for this sense of injustice you console yourself in assuming all rares are garbage, therefore, though unobtainable, aren't worth exploring in the first case- either through the intranet, comp's, or re-ish's?
    Let me tell you---> were there's a will, there's a way. A long time ago... through early luv n haight comp's, vibes from the tribe, etc... I started getting into rare grooves. I would do whatever it took to scrape together the cash. I ain't rich, I drive an '85 Ford F-150 and am a self employed tradesman. But don't be fooled, I got hella rare in the crates. I cut corners to keep up.... bought a shitbox house onna good street and fixed er up, etc... I play my game straight.
    What pisses me off is this plebe attitude: if you got rare you must be some dummass rich itallian investment banker like Marcofunk. F*ck that shit man, it the world ain't flat. You can think we be Ballers cuz we deign to spend our hard earned cash on art, but dude, if your so vicious in your derision of those that collect, your world becomes a lot smaller. A couple of months ago I copped the Thompsons LP. I was bouncing off the walls, tripping something fierce, listening to the madness. I took a picture of it, MP3'd the Mfucker and was about to pop it up on the weekend finds thread. Then I thought, shit, I'm riding such a high on this terrific slab o wax, why should I set myself up to being called a Baller on the strut by posting this heat. So I didn't.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what a strange outburst

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    what an incredibly hilarious outburst

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    A couple of months ago I copped the Thompsons LP. I was bouncing off the walls, tripping something fierce, listening to the madness. I took a picture of it, MP3'd the Mfucker and was about to pop it up on the weekend finds thread. Then I thought, shit, I'm riding such a high on this terrific slab o wax, why should I set myself up to being called a Baller on the strut by posting this heat. So I didn't.

Dun worry. Someone posted The Thompsons LP awhile back. But thx for thinking of us.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

-----------Thnaks

Your right, it was a strange outburst, now that it's over I feel much better. Thanks.

Uh, I think you missed the point dude. Completely. We were all just playing around clowning on Phonics. Chill. No one cares whether you spent $1 or $300 to buy your records. I've never encountered the "attitude" of which you speak on SoulStrut.

It was a pretty amusing read though.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    This thread got awesome.

-----------Thnaks

Glad you liked that line, Unherd....it's yours. I smiled when I wrote it.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    ----

tripping something fierce

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I would do whatever it took to scrape together the cash.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

VICTIM OF THE GAME

Damn, I think I tossed that Jules Boushard record.. or sold it for no more than $20. I dunno, record sounded crap. hate this game.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

You can think we be Ballers cuz we deign to spend our hard earned cash on art

loopdreams, this was a mighty post.im still unlacing more awesomeness after the third reading.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Nah I'm just saying man I mean like you know the dudes you know and you hang as much as you do on record-related message boards it's like you get some cool obscure record and throw it out?

FAIL

I think I tossed one of these.

That or gave it away.

That or gave it away.

BAN

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

That or gave it away.

BAN

Damn, I've sold that record a few times, no where near that...

I think I even ripped it and posted it up here 3-4 years ago. The Instrumental is the realness.

HOWCANI?

HOWCANI?

HOWCANIGETOUTTHAGAME?