Paulo's latest update

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• UUUUhh....is that Cordial worth money f'real?

• PLEASE SAY NO

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    PLEASE SAY NO

^^^^^VICTIM OF THE GAME

• FUUUUUCK! FUUUUCK!

There's a 50/50 chance I might have thrown that record out or I still have it. 175 EURO's sounds le nice.

• I think it was sealed to, listened to it and thought it was

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dude... what's wrong with you?

I'm saying. Tawmbout he listened to a sealed record and sobbing onto his keyboard.

• Dude... what's wrong with you?

Dude....like....woah man, that's like just your opinion, man. Plus this was probably 3 years ago, my tastes have changed (no latency).

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    that list was a lot deeper when he first posted. so what's dude's deal anyway? he said that they've just gotten back from trips to Brazil, Europe, Japan, the U.S. ect. Does he do all the leg work or does he have intern diggers digging for him? either way, Paulo is killing it out there

Dude....like....woah man, that's like just your opinion, man. Plus this was probably 3 years ago, my tastes have changed (no latency).

Nah I'm just saying man I mean like you know the dudes you know and you hang as much as you do on record-related message boards it's like you get some cool obscure record and throw it out?

FAIL

Nah I'm just saying man I mean like you know the dudes you know and you hang as much as you do on record-related message boards it's like you get some cool obscure record and throw it out?

FAIL

He cops records just to trash 'em.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    AK! can't escape it!!! I didn't even open the email, just deleted it cause I'm trying not to spend what he's charging before the trip. His prices are kinda off imo.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    FUUUUUCK! FUUUUCK!

There's a 50/50 chance I might have thrown that record out or I still have it. 175 EURO's sounds le nice.

He can be a bit high-priced comparing to what things are selling for at ebay. I used my daily popsike-search-limit, but via musicpriceguide I see that a copy sold for USD 76.89 in January.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    and I'd better add......yes, his prices are above ebay level, but I am not complaining. I bought a few things from him in the past, and his service is A+. The huge stock makes it easier to find more than one title that you want.

FAIL

He cops records just to trash 'em.

Making it rain, San Bruno style

b/w

I just got an angry voicemail from Mr. Slap Bass himself. Sacre bleu!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    and I'd better add......yes, his prices are above ebay level, but I am not complaining. I bought a few things from him in the past, and his service is A+. The huge stock makes it easier to find more than one title that you want.

I would say his prices are on Moerer level, but like Craig, his service is very quality and your basically paying extra to not have to deal with the ebay song and dance. With that said....I just gripped the Ethics Sing lp.

• Dude... what's wrong with you?

FAIL

fool, the last thing we talk is "RAERZ" both on here and teh rael woirld

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Killer list as always... didn't cop anything although there were certainly a few that I want like the Jeffrey Turpin.

FAIL

fool, the last thing we talk is "RAERZ" both on here and teh rael woirld

AND WHO'S FAULT IS THAT YUNG??

That's why your pussy's hanging out

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    you're not going to find a selection like this anywhere else, and you're paying for the traveling, legwork, time it takes to procur such a list. i think it's an especially good deal for international titles cause when you think about how much it would cost to pick up those titles individually on ebay, you're paying $15-20 on shipping a pop. with superfly you can knock off a bunch of brazilian, euro or afro records in one fell swoop. and like people have said before, the service is top notch

I mean look Paulo has the goods and they're in top shape. That's why he gets the prices. Anyone who's complaining just doesn't understand how the game is played.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I grabbed the Edson Frederico LP....been searching for that for five years. But damn, the Euro's expensive right now.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    well, yuo pay for service and selection, so im not knocking it. but it seems like its about double the going top dollar rate, across the board.

still, the selection of caribbean, african, all over the world shit is ridiculous. i might have to start checking that sight just for the record pron

Thing is, the records sell. Quickly.

You can't compare a set-price site with something like ebay. There are a million factors that can affect a price on ebay. On a site like Paulo's, he's got the goods and he's got the clientele. That's all you need.

• still, the selection of caribbean, african, all over the world shit is ridiculous. i might have to start checking that sight just for the record pron

Just remember to clear the cache when you're done looking, so the wife-y don't catch ya.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    well, yuo pay for service and selection, so im not knocking it. but it seems like its about double the going top dollar rate, across the board.

not entirely true...his grading is impeccable, if he grades something VG-, he prices it accordingly, and you can rest assured his VG-, is most international ebay dealers' VG++ or EX, seriously...He will offer a solid 60 to 75euro LP for 10euro if he grades it low, but his low grade would even be Rey worthy...if he is asking top dollar, then the record will exceed your expectations condition wise.

• TomOTomO 169 Posts
    Paulo's gradings are spot-on - I've always been happy with everything I've bought from him. I asked him about a rare Brazilian joint that I couldn't find ANYWHERE else - and he came good, finding me a copy many months later. His prices are fine by me - with everything that I've bought I've been happy that it's a good deal for the condition of the record. One of the good guys - and I'm amazed by the records he manages to dig up!

im not knocking it...
    i used to never be mad at TSL in nyc for the very same reasons. great selection, conservative grading, well presented. worth the extra dough.

BOOGALOO COMBO - Con muito ritmo
    Very rare and in-demand Funk LP from Brazil, includes a killer version of "hot pants road" - very solid cover[/b] with a sticker on front, excellent record

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Anybody know the deal on this?

I'm surprised there's a Sugarhill LP from 1980 I've never heard of.

what country is he based in?