price czech plaese Sylvia Striplin 45

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
WLP "Give me your love" b/w "You cant turn me away" on Uno melodic...thought this might be common knowledge among boogie heads...

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It sells for more than the 12" - the 12" is at best $30-40 but the 7" can get up to $50-60 or better. Not particularly rare, though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    thanks

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    harder to find, lighter to carry

Some guys collect 7"s and not 12"s. If a song has crossover appeal to both types of collectors, they'll buy whichever medium they collect. There are a number of disco records like that.

You know that the two Esther Williams records are different though, right?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    one telephone ringing, the 45 just the break.
    i always liked the telephones.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It is interesting that this is a case where the 45 is more valuable than the 12".
    Almost every 45 version I have of a sought-after disco/boogie 12" is near-worthless.

I've always been frustrated that nobody wants my V.I.P. Connection "West Coast Drive" 45's, great early disco instro, but the 12" - which is literally a 2-minute extension re-edit of the 45 - sells for $60-$80 on the regular.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    It is interesting that this is a case where the 45 is more valuable than the 12".
    Almost every 45 version I have of a sought-after disco/boogie 12" is near-worthless.

I've always been frustrated that nobody wants my V.I.P. Connection "West Coast Drive" 45's, great early disco instro, but the 12" - which is literally a 2-minute extension re-edit of the 45 - sells for $60-$80 on the regular.

i think it depends:

if they are boogie collectors coming thru disco, then they prefer 12"s

if they are boogie collectors coming thru soul, they prefer 7"s

Prayin' by Harold Melvin and the Blues Notes, the 12" is basically worthless, the 7" is goes for around 20-25 bucks...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    SIZE MATTERS. The 12" holes are just too small. (page me)

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I remember when I found the 12" I scooped it because I heard the Junior Mafia sample. Don't think I listened to the flip for 2 or 3 years after the fact.

Yeah, the opposite of Marta Acuna Dance Dance... I remember thinking I could make some money of that little dude.