NFL Free Agency/Draft Thread

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I'm surprised no one has started this yet!Kurt stays in AZ.TJ to Seattle.Ward to TB.Dawkins, no longer an Eagle.Cassel and Vrabel to KC for a 2nd round pick?! Does not compute.Redskins spending mad money b/w Where will Jason Taylor go?

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Cassel and Vrabel to KC for a 2nd round pick?! Does not compute.

It's a high enough pick to get a very good player without having to pay 1st round money.

b/w

Word is Dallas just released T.O

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Yup, TO is gone. I just got back from PR and he was staying at a hotel there with Dion Sanders and Tank Johnson. TO was playing alone at a blackjack table ($40 minimum bet) and loosing money with the quickness. Someone asked him if he was still working out, his response, "These days I'm not doing shit." Tell me about it TO.

Laveraneus Coles to Cinci.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Any news to be found on Bryant McFadden yet? Sounds like he's not going to AZ. I'd ideally like for him to stay in PGH, but if the Rooney's are letting him go, I'd really love to see him in a Falcons uniform.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Looks like the Broncos are making moves on defense.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "These days I'm not doing shit." Tell me about it TO.

"These days?"

So which team is gonna be desperate enough to give the prima donna a roster spot?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

It's a high enough pick to get a very good player without having to pay 1st round money.

Still doesn't compute. Patriots could of gotten a first round pick and a third round pick elsewhere. Then they could of traded the first round pick for more picks in the later rounds. Being a KC fan. I ain't mad.

where's TO going to end up??
    San Diego? Hotlanta? DC? Panthers?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Still doesn't compute. Patriots could of gotten a first round pick and a third round pick elsewhere. Then they could of traded the first round pick for more picks in the later rounds. Being a KC fan. I ain't mad.

Yeah, it does seem like KC made out like bandits in the deal, but NE are some shrewd motherfuckers, so it's quite possible they know something very important that the rest of us don't.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Word here is Seahawks or Redskins

Word here is Seahawks or Redskins

Redskins' website says they have no interest in TO. Seattle maybe but they just picked up TJ, and need help in other positions. I could see the Raiders making an attempt.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

NO way he comes to Atlanta. White, Jenkins, Robinson & Harry Douglas make up a solid group of WRs. Add in Weems and Finneran? No room for T.O. in Atlanta, and no locker room big enough for his ego for damn sure. Seattle or Chiefs, I say.

Yeah, it does seem like KC made out like bandits in the deal, but NE are some shrewd motherfuckers, so it's quite possible they know something very important that the rest of us don't.

It's a good trade for KC for sure. They might be shrewd but it seems kinda fishy. Denvers coach knows Cassel and they were willing to give up more. Maybe Bill didn't want to give him to his old coach out of spite. 50 days til draft day...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    T.O. to my Buffalo Billz?!?!?!?!?!?!

WTF.

Regardless of the fact that we needed another receiver but TO??!?!!?!?!?!

Dick Jauron grasping at straws, perhaps a way to dissuade toronto from wanting the bills.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

WTF.

Dick Jauron grasping at straws, perhaps a way to dissuade toronto from wanting the bills.

Here are some of the nicknames he has earned here in Dallas over the last 3 years...

Eldorado Owens
    T.O. Owens
    Diva
    Franchise Virus
    Coach Cancer

Feel free to use them.......you'll eventually need to.

WTF.

Didn't see that coming. Buffalo has been under the radar for a few seasons. Why not go for T.O. The guy is going to be a mercenary for the rest of his career. Should be interesting.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Didn't see that coming. Buffalo has been under the radar for a few seasons. Why not go for T.O. The guy is going to be a mercenary for the rest of his career. Should be interesting.

Under the radar for a few seasons? haha well upon further reflection, this could bode okay for the bills. at least T.O. is only signed for one season and this should possibly get Buffalo on monday or sunday night coverage.

JP and TO will make a sweet team.

• Great move by the Dolphins.

Holmes to Jets is one thing- it's aggressive, sure, but I'm not convinced of the results... sure, he was a Super Bowl MVP, but so were Darren Woodson & Desmond Howard.

But, Marshall? That's a receiver right there... He and Henne could really make that team a contender in the AFC.

Finally Henne gets someone legit to pass to. Still, good luck playing the Jets.

I can't front...Holmes is a good pick up for The Jets.

Dolphins still have holes ...but B.Marshall is the truth