SXSW - Austin Record Show - WHO IS GOING?

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Yea Yea I know , I posted this same shit last year and then bailed out , but this time the plane ticket is booked and I will be there (doing a couple shows and also just hanging out)..... Day , Cosmo... you guys going to be there? Any other strutteurs?As you may or may not know the Austin Record Convention is conveniently the same weekend so............... Hollar at this thread people!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Don't get too excited about the Record Convention...the REAL Austin Record Show is being held the first weekend in April...this is a smaller version just for SXSW although there will be some great dealers there like our own CoffinJoe...it just won't be as big as the "main" show.

I'll be there shopping.

• I only knwo of the April show...what's the word on the other one?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    BUMP

since nobody seemed to care / nobody is going to South By Southwest?

what's the deal people?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BUMP

since nobody seemed to care / nobody is going to South By Southwest?

what's the deal people?

The show will be small.....I hope folks don't judge ARC based on this mess. From what I understand there will be 22 dealers with 1/2 of them dealing in Posters.

I'll be there with low expectations.

Who should I check out at SXSW on Saturday night??

Other than Daniel Johnston at 1:00AM I am wide open.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Already here and well rested. Festivities begin tonight...

Official shows to check for:

Wednesday 10:45 - 11:05 Money Waters @ Fuze
    Wednesday 11:15 - 11:35 Gerald G @ Fuze
    Thursday 11:00 - 11:40 Eightball & MJG @ Dirty Dog Bar
    Thursday 12:45 - 1:15 Freeway & Jake One @ Habana Bar
    Saturday 7:00 - 7:40 Erykah Badu @ Auditorium Shores
    Saturday 9:20 - 9:50 Killer Mike @ Austin Music Hall
    Saturday 10:00 - 10:20 Mistah FAB @ Austin Music Hall

The free Flatstock presentation of poster art at the Convention Center is always good.

I think I'm just gonna wait for the real ARC to worry about records when SXSW is really all about FREE BOOZE!!!

And yeah, if my baby mama is cool with me bringing my daughter up there, I may be making my first Sabbath in the Park appearance on Sunday.

Happy trails!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    until Rockadelic mentioned the nature of the show I didn't realize it was going to be such a small affair.. I will still pass through for sure.

Those shows on Saturday look good! I'm coming in Friday morning , so I have to miss anything before then..

Free booze & BBQ ... I'm READY

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Be sure to check out the bill for Friends of Sound record store ...

Lots of great performances from local groups, record collectors from around the country, no cover and free beer! Hard to pass that up!

The man Brett Koskin, who has to have one of the sickest record collections around, will be playing on Saturday in addition to a steady stream of quality sounds.

Plus, it's at one the best best record stores in town! A win win situation

• The free Flatstock presentation of poster art at the Convention Center is always good.

My crew will be there posted up all weekend. Strutters! Come say hi!

• I am playing tomorrow night alongside strutteurs Cosmo, Ayres and Eleven. Oh yeah that dude tittsworth.