Up Coming comedians...

2»

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i caught this dude, nick swardson, a few years back and really enjoyed it. although his acting credits include a small part in "malibu's most wanted" , his comedy central show was pretty damn good.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    I said this in the last thread. But my man Russell Peters

is getting large...

He's been around for a min on the stand up scene. But I think he's just starting to do movies. He's Canadian but does shows all over the world now. Huge in Britain...

Great and funny guy. One of his best friends is DJ Mastermind (Canadian DJ) so he's into music as well.

I think I got a link for one of his comedy specials if you wanna check it out.

http://www.helpms.ca/russellpeters.htm

yeah word up to mastermind! i was pretty much just into rock in highschool, but the only hip hop i'd really listen to was mastermind on saturday's on 88.1 or 89.5 or something, introducing me to funkdoobiest and the likes, he played amazing stuff. thanks for the flashback!

a little story on russel peters, a friend of mine is friends with him and asked him to do an indian reception at a banquet hall, i saw the footage and it was hilarious... it was for a bunch of old indians...and um, if you are familiar with russel peter's racy humour well,lets just say, this was a scary scenario, old-skool traditional brownies watching a punk comedian, i've never seen a comedian so nervous! it was hilarious cause it was like he was playing back jokes in his head filtering them before he'd say them outloud at the risk of offending anyone, he was even saying that was his thought process out loud to the audience. classic moment. but dude rocks for real, check out his special, its like 50 mb, if i can find it, i'l yousendit that sheit, one of the best race comics ever, you gotta hear his guido impressions.

one i saw him at seneca college, and half of the audience was crying. we had every race conceivable in that audience, and NO ONE was spared! awesome.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Patton Oswalt

YES.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I said this in the last thread. But my man Russell Peters

is getting large...

He's been around for a min on the stand up scene. But I think he's just starting to do movies. He's Canadian but does shows all over the world now. Huge in Britain...

Great and funny guy. One of his best friends is DJ Mastermind (Canadian DJ) so he's into music as well.

I think I got a link for one of his comedy specials if you wanna check it out.

http://www.helpms.ca/russellpeters.htm

yeah word up to mastermind! i was pretty much just into rock in highschool, but the only hip hop i'd really listen to was mastermind on saturday's on 88.1 or 89.5 or something, introducing me to funkdoobiest and the likes, he played amazing stuff. thanks for the flashback!

a little story on russel peters, a friend of mine is friends with him and asked him to do an indian reception at a banquet hall, i saw the footage and it was hilarious... it was for a bunch of old indians...and um, if you are familiar with russel peter's racy humour well,lets just say, this was a scary scenario, old-skool traditional brownies watching a punk comedian, i've never seen a comedian so nervous! it was hilarious cause it was like he was playing back jokes in his head filtering them before he'd say them outloud at the risk of offending anyone, he was even saying that was his thought process out loud to the audience. classic moment. but dude rocks for real, check out his special, its like 50 mb, if i can find it, i'l yousendit that sheit, one of the best race comics ever, you gotta hear his guido impressions.

one i saw him at seneca college, and half of the audience was crying. we had every race conceivable in that audience, and NO ONE was spared! awesome.

y0...

Yeah Mastermind is a really good friend of mine. 88.1 was wayyy back when he use to DJ for DJ X's show. L8r his own show on Sat. was 107.9 (FM108). After his show on Saturdays we use to get a shit load of calls for the promo's he use to play.

Thats how I first met Russell...

I posted that comedy special above...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    upright citizens brigade has been around for a while, but if you can give support to the by far funniest member, matt besser, by all means...

check out http://www.uprightcitizens.org/18/index.html

These are great hahah.... I love UCB.

- spidey

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    David Cross.[/b]

And regarding Pablo Francisco, he was funny for that one famous thing he did but when I went to see him perform he was just telling 3-4 year old jokes that everyone had heard before. Guy needs a new act.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Since you guys mentioned David Cross (who is one funny muh'fuhgger) I guess "up and coming comedian" means super-stardom? Otherwise dude has been on a grip of tv shows, in some semi-known movies, and had a few cd's out (I remember Vice even had ads for "Stop crying you fucking baby").

HI-JACK [/b]

Hi! I'm an asshole [/b]

Anyone catch Carlos Mencia's T.V. show? I'm sorry, but as much I like to see fellow Latinos on T.V. that fucker is just mean-spirited and just plain un-funny. I've only see one full episode (with snippets from others) and dude does the same un-funny joke every fucking time (and them shits are fucking cruel). Okay Carlos yeah we know you like to do the whole "hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaccccccccckmed towel head joke" with the same fuckin' accent and tons of "beaner wetback sneaking in" jokes but damn, at least be funny.

Speaking of Latino comics:

This dude is funny enough, but at the same time "wholesome" enough to blow-up (no big pun intended).

No props to the Reno 9-11 dudes? I remember they had that one comedy show on MTV and it was dope, but Reno 9-11 is probally one the best shows on the idiot box. FYI: One of them dudes was the voice of the "Yo quiero taco bell" dog

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Cross = too expensive for us to afford

Mencia = Pathetic, his show will be gone by september

Reno 911 = I'll I contacted the dude who plays dangle for the show

that other latin dude = don't know him

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Patton Oswalt

thirded

• Mr_DelmontMr_Delmont 279 Posts
    Rev. Bob Levy!

http://www.revboblevy.com/

Y'all might know him from the Howard Stern Show. He won the angriest listener award last year.

I saw him when he rolled through Portland a couple weeks ago.

Had me in stiches.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    David Cross.[/b]

And regarding Pablo Francisco, he was funny for that one famous thing he did but when I went to see him perform he was just telling 3-4 year old jokes that everyone had heard before. Guy needs a new act.

Isn't this the case with most comedians? It's no different than when you go to a cmusic concert. It's not like they write new songs for every show.

David Cross isn't up and comming, dude has made it.

Same with Patton Oswald. But they are both really funny!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

No props to the Reno 9-11 dudes? I remember they had that one comedy show on MTV and it was dope, but Reno 9-11 is probally one the best shows on the idiot box. FYI: One of them dudes was the voice of the "Yo quiero taco bell" dog

Yeah, Reno 911 is mad funny. The person who does the voice is Carlos Alazraqui (James Garcia). He also does the voice for 'Mr. Weed' on Family Guy. Remember that show they had put out back in 1996 called 'Viva Variety' on Comedy Central? It was a game show and they were acting like they were from France.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Love this dude Bruce Bruce! Seen him on Comic View on BET back in 2002 and 2003. Recently he was in "XXX - Enemy of the State" Good stuff...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Love this dude Bruce Bruce! Seen him on Comic View on BET back in 2002 and 2003. Recently he was in "XXX - Enemy of the State" Good stuff...

WORD. I actually caught his stand up special on Comedy Central and his style was totally different from his BET days (His humor wasn't as "urban"-but still super funny). That's kind of the steez that it take to blow-up, nothing that would freak out middle america but still was some "flavor".

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    russell is a very nice guy, I don't really know him personally but whenever I would call into mastermind's radio show to win free crap he would chat for a bit. I think I won a lot of free crap on that show so that's why he remembered. But seriously, that dude is just naturally funny, even in short bursts on the phone.

it was a sad day when paul sold his collection to aaron......

russell is a very nice guy, I don't really know him personally but whenever I would call into mastermind's radio show to win free crap he would chat for a bit. I think I won a lot of free crap on that show so that's why he remembered. But seriously, that dude is just naturally funny, even in short bursts on the phone.

it was a sad day when paul sold his collection to aaron......

Yeah, I use to go in and do phone stuff and hang also...

Russell and chattin' up women on the phone = fuckin' damn funny.. Wish we would have recorded that stuff.

As far as the collection... I think he only sold half to Aaron. And sold the other half about 6 months ago. He called me to talk about it. Too bad though.. Cause his collection was crazy. He was 4sure the guy that started the promo craze thing.

Anybody shout out Mike Epps yet?!?! He's on his wayaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

WORD. I actually caught his stand up special on Comedy Central and his style was totally different from his BET days (His humor wasn't as "urban"-but still super funny). That's kind of the steez that it take to blow-up, nothing that would freak out middle america but still was some "flavor".

isn't this the guy from the popeye's commercials??

Probably... That was part of his Comic View skits and stand up mostly. He always talked about how he'd kill for some Popeye's... Super Popeye's that is! He's also been in one the Ying Yang Twins video, the one that goes "BOOM what's happnin'??" with former champ/now two-time floor mat Roy Jones Jr.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Speaking of Latino comics:

This dude is funny enough, but at the same time "wholesome" enough to blow-up (no big pun intended).

Cosignature.

This dude reminds me of my cousins. Plus he talks like everybody I grew up with..."Ay foo'" "Don't fuck around, ay" etc...

Y0

Went to one of my friend Russell's sold out shows on the weekend (Toronto Living Arts Centre. Place is pretty huge... 3 sold out shows in a row). Nice to see him get so much shine.

I'll post pics l8r from backstage.

Anyways, for people that have heard of the man. Russell just signed a development deal with Warner Bros/Carsey-Werner (The dudes that did The Cosby's, etc). So, it looks like we will be getting Russell in a TV show. Looking forward to it. Good luck Peezy Moving out to LA!

Billy/DOR

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the show I was working on for this thread aired last week on E!

if your homie needs a producer send dude a recommendation from me.

I like work

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    http://www.hbo.com/onenightstand/interviews/bonnie_mcfarlane.html

Saw her HBO. Super funny.
    Kind of like Sarah Silverman. Very out.

• Stella

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Stella

way past up and coming, once your given your own TV series and its cancelled you are middle agededed

• Congrats on your show. For the next one:

Lisa Lampinelli

Greg Hahn

Mike Berbiglia

Godfrey

Donnell Rawlings

and people with large funk collections do have something to do with those blue collar tv comics....

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Stella

way past up and coming, once your given your own TV series and its cancelled you are middle agededed

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117930733?categoryid=14&cs=1

A renewal decision is also forthcoming for "Stella," a scripted show from the absurdist trio behind "Wet, Hot American Summer." Series averaged a "smaller audience, but one that was extremely passionate about the show," according to Corrao. "I do think it's the kind of comedy we should be doing."