Up Coming comedians...

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I am helping to put together one of those 101 most... countdown shows for a cable network. Right now I am trying to come up with funny up and coming actors and comedians for those interview and commentary segments, I don't know why but I am drawing a blank about who to contact for this job, so I figured I'd ask the record nerd public:who are some of your favorite up and coming comedians/ stand up comics?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Guzz,

I put Dwayne Perkins WAY at the top of my list! He has a Comedy Central special that I've caught half-way over a few times that is hilarious, seriously-seriously funny shit. Anybody else catch it? He has a way with subtle delivery that kills. More information on his website here:

http://www.dwayneperkins.com/

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Guzz,

I put Dwayne Perkins

haha, he was one of the 4 names I already had written down

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    bad boys of comedy has some real funny up-and-coming cats, try to get names from that HBO shiz and contact them...

you'd be suprised though, even people that may not be "comedians" can be quite widdy when a topic is at hand...

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Pablo Francisco...Dude is hillarious!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I said this in the last thread. But my man Russell Peters

is getting large...

He's been around for a min on the stand up scene. But I think he's just starting to do movies. He's Canadian but does shows all over the world now. Huge in Britain...

Great and funny guy. One of his best friends is DJ Mastermind (Canadian DJ) so he's into music as well.

I think I got a link for one of his comedy specials if you wanna check it out.

http://www.helpms.ca/russellpeters.htm

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Guzz,

I put Dwayne Perkins

haha, he was one of the 4 names I already had written down

*THUMBS UP*

The universal symbol for well.., giving a thumbs up.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Guzz,

I put Dwayne Perkins WAY at the top of my list! He has a Comedy Central special that I've caught half-way over a few times that is hilarious, seriously-seriously funny shit. Anybody else catch it? He has a way with subtle delivery that kills. More information on his website here:

http://www.dwayneperkins.com/
    Dwayne Perkins is fucking HILARIOUS!!... I don't know if this guy is up and coming but Patrice O'Neal is funny as well.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Pablo Francisco...Dude is hillarious!

dude KILLS shit, his comedy central special was the real.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

yeah if you oculd PM me it would be real helpful.

yeah if you oculd PM me it would be real helpful.

K.. Give me a few mins...

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    don't you dare include anyone that does that 'blue collar comedy' shit. jesus am I sick of that redneck shit.

my votes:

Daniel Tosh
    Dane Cook

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    don't you dare include anyone that does that 'blue collar comedy' shit. jesus am I sick of that redneck shit.

Its safe to say anyone with a funk collection probably isn't looking to cast Jeff Foxworthy's homeboys in a show he's making

my votes:

Dane Cook

got 'em on the list

• Patton Oswalt

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Dane Cook

Another funny mufukka.

OK sent you a link. Guzzo, let me know if you got it dl'ed alright.

Here is for anyone else if they wanna watch.

HERE

You really have to watch the whole thing. A few people have a prob with his making fun of everyone. But I really think he does it to confront stereotypes.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

That reminded me of this thing I read the other day of McSweeney's:
    You can just skip to the last one once you get the point.

You Might Be
    a Redneck If ...
    BY TREVOR SEIGLER
    - - - -

If you go out in the sun without wearing sunscreen and you absorb a lot of solar radiation on the back of your neck, you might be a redneck ...

- - - -

If you get in a tanning bed and come out with sunburn on your body 'cause you didn't use enough sunblock, chances are you might be a redneck ...

- - - -

If you listen to country music and fly a rebel flag everywhere you go and your neck gets burnt from exposure to the sun when you're out partying with friends while Hank Junior blares in the background, you might be a redneck ...

- - - -

If you have to clean off the roof of your trailer on a hot summer day and you take off your shirt under the hot sun, you might be a redneck ...

- - - -

If you stay out in the sun so long that you contract skin cancer and die, you might be a redneck ...

- - - -

If you tell lame jokes about how "you might be a redneck" for well over a decade and no one wants to hear your newer material, you might be wondering where it all went wrong by now ...

- - - -

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Corey Holcomb's live act (not that TV crap) is one of the funniest i've seen in years..kills it every time

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I submitted Chingo Blings name for the show

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    Aziz Ansari is a dude in NYC doing lots of stuff with the Upright Citizens Brigade and the Conan O Brien crew. Real funny. He also has been doing some short comedy films as "Shutterbugs" with Rob Huebel (aka "Inconsiderate Cell Phone Guy")

http://www.azizisbored.com/

• i went to college with that kid. he's a funny ass dude. smells terrible. used to be mega mega into turntablism and wore homemade invisibl skratch piklz t shirts and shit. the lab factor. ask goggins about him. dude used to hang out on jay st and try to beg itf videos and shit.

• Went to college with him as well and ouch.

Todd Barry is funny as fuck as well. He's done stuff on Letterman, O'Brien, Carson, Kimmel. Had a special on Comedy Central. Been on Chappelle Show, Cartoon Network, Larry Sanders show, etc. Real funny.

Eugene Mirman is pretty funny too. He's been around as well.

• Zach Galifianakis
    Jessi Klein
    Jim Gaffigan
    Rachael Harris
    Patrice O'neal

and you should try getting Tito from Power 106

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Is this the Indian dude who does like a dead-on generic Asian immigrant imitation? I think I seen this guy...

Is this the Indian dude who does like a dead-on generic Asian immigrant imitation? I think I seen this guy...

I think he can pretty much nail everyone...

He does a few in the link I posted...

When he asks the guy for his real chinese name around 23 mins into it is pretty good.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Brian Regan

He's a little goofy, but he's got some good stuff.

Pablo is the man!!!!!!

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Nathan Trenholm

He just made his network debut on Jimmey Kimmel Live and has been touring nationally for a couple of years. He also had a set on Comedy Central Premium Blend.

Just signed on with a big agency as well.

Check him out...Chi town represent

http://www.parallelentertainment.com/n_trenholm.htm

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    upright citizens brigade has been around for a while, but if you can give support to the by far funniest member, matt besser, by all means...

check out http://www.uprightcitizens.org/18/index.html

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    thanks everyone for the suggestions. I used quite a few of the names you guys dropped. the shows themselves won't air until October, and we are still in the process of finding talent...I'll keep y'all informed

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    David Cross.