Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Wild Wind is phenomenal.

VG- Felas for days.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    cassettes

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Zapata??s revolution: Nasty sex/ Shit city

What country is the Zapata from...I've only seen a Mexican pressing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Kingsmen - Up and Away

I've been going nuts trying to remember who else recorded the song 'Trouble'. I recognzed the lyrics as soon as I played it, but I can't recall if it was another 60s band or a garage revival band in the 80s.

Well, the writing credit is to Joe(y) Levine, vocalist for the Ohio Express,
    Third Rail, various Super K projects ... I don't remember any of those groups
    doing the song, though - maybe just something he wrote for the band or label.

b/w

What are the Skip Bifferty and Fairytale songs that the Kingsmen covered?

On Love/I Guess I Was Dreamin??? (Wand 1180) 1968

• here's my lot:

TIM HARDIN - 1 (lovely folky stuff with gary burton on vibes)
    ??? (part of a great trade package i got from Priima - chers mate- a fw good groovy tracks and one monster one with a good break)
    CAN - "soon over Bamaluma" (never seen this one in the wild - -pretty fun. bit late for my tastes)
    ??? (another from Priima - -brilliant mix of mroe traditional russian stuff with some organ wig outs, fuzz and oddball funky breaks. great fun)
    CZERWONE GITARY (maybe theyre most consistent LP - -a great listen for the most part)
    STRAWBS - "dragonfly" (traded my copy off a while back so pleased to find another affordable one)

ROBIN WILLIAMSON - "myrrh" (ISB dude - again, i traded off my copy so picked this up for cheap. still not doing much for me)
    ALEX TAYLOR - "with friends and neighbours" (slightly funky country rock stuff. nice version of Taylor's "nightowl")
    WAKEMAN - "white rock" (picked up a second copy so i can rock doubles of "montezuma's revenge" - because i'm cool)
    BEEFHEART - "ice cream for crow" (always avoided this because of the later date - but its pretty great)
    HOT HITS lp for a wonky cover of "backstreet luv"

• minimini 879 Posts

Zapata??s revolution: Nasty sex/ Shit city

What country is the Zapata from...I've only seen a Mexican pressing.

It??s German pressing.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Do you do mixes? I wanna hear some druse-drone/inuit game blends.

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    Some from this past weekend and a couple weeks prior. Mostly real world finds, except for Little Beaver which is an ebay grab.
    finds_collage_febmarch

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Kingsmen - Up and Away

I don't usually bother with their LP's, but I picked this one
    up recently on the cheap, and was pretty impressed with it.
    Nice mix of strong originals and decent covers. Great version
    of "Little Sally Tease."

This was their last album, from 1966. Psychedelia was coming, and to their credit, the Kingsmen jumped on that bandwagon early. The liner notes even mention something about the songs on this LP being more sophisticated than in the past. They're still doing covers of old rock and R&B hits - they hadn't totally gotten away from that - but they're slowly easing into the new thing coming.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    PRIME CUTS: what's the story with that Joe Tex & U. Black 45 on Belmont you bought? Never heard of Joe Tex recording for that label

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Back from ten days in South Florida (and one night in Chapel Hill). Was wearing shorts two days ago! What happened?
    Came back with two boxes full of records. Most expensive was $8. I love Florida thrift stores where they still sell records for 50 cents!
    Here are a few highlights -

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

Meadowlark Lemon made an album? Fresh!

• Meadowlark Lemon made an album? Fresh!

He may have recorded more than one. I have a 60s 45 by him on the RSVP label called 'Shoot a Basket' that's a 'Shotgun' rip-off

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    PRIME CUTS: what's the story with that Joe Tex & U. Black 45 on Belmont you bought? Never heard of Joe Tex recording for that label

Dj style reggae 45 with dub. Can't be the same Joe Tex. Dope 45 though!!!

sound clip on ebay