COFFEE-STRUT

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I have been going back and forth here... FRENCH PRESS or DRIP ?WHAT COUNTRY PRODUCES THE PERFECT BEAN?ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, or JUST A f*cking CUP OF COFFEE?

Comments

• I'm hooked on French Press right now.

Beans roasted at
    Ritual

I drink it black because it's not a very dark roast. You taste more of the bean. Less of the roast.

• as much as i like the french press, i ride for the manual drip, no hassle to clean.

as for beans, it depends on what you like. Im drinking an Indonesian coffee that is bold in flavour but low in acidity. i will say that I think KONA coffee is kind of overrated.

i would also add that you should grind your beans right before you brew.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    i would also add that you should grind your beans right before you brew.

Cosign on this.

I ride for Barrington Coffee roasters, but I can only speak on their espresso roast. New Yorkers can cop at Joe...

• u know what i just found out about la mill coffee? its pronounced la mill not L.A. mill. total disappointment. anyways, their new guinea coffee in a french press. lil bit of half n half.

• i like french press cause it saves on those filters.

still trying to find the right bean...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's time for the percolator
    Percolator

I have this one:

Have a Kitchenaid grinder and like to support the Chicago-based roaster and supplier Inteligentsia.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Anyone know how i get the THC out of my system, before my job interview next Monday?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Anyone know how i get the THC out of my system, before my job interview next Monday?

Guilty of that post, haha

Also: 'Classical Strut'

• ageage 1,131 Posts

Nice Coffee for under 3 bucks!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    If I'm makin' I prefer cappuccino. If I'm buying a regular cup of joe.

• reskresk 391 Posts

Nice Coffee for under 3 bucks!

been drinking this (as a cafe con leche) since i was like 5 years old, would dip my bread in it, with the same cafetera that my moms used when i was a shorty. When i bought a real (pump) espresso machine and grinder, moved up to bustelo supreme then tried other brands.

stopped drinking coffee recently, realized you dont need it with adequate sleep and exercise. No more stained teeth and coffee breath, plus the crashes and addiction.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I'm hooked on French Press right now.

Beans roasted at
    Ritual

I drink it black because it's not a very dark roast. You taste more of the bean. Less of the roast.

Ritual is the shit...so nutty and bold. (pause)

I'm gonna have some now...

• beans

or

country of origin, depends on your taste.

French press always

Ph of brewing water, muy importante

• Jamaican Blue Mountain IS worth the hype. Best coffe I ever had black.

• Yes, Jamaica Blue is very good. Still prohibitively expensive.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I think we all should trade some of our local coffees with others around here.

Been going the Bosnian route, since I've got a great mart that sells a variety of Turkish.

• Yall drink coffee the old way let me tell you how it should be done. For the drip, get the coffee ground of your choice rub it on your ladies privates and when she starts to get wet, I mean really good and wet like really good and wet get yo cup let it drip and take a sip!
    For French Press: Same as above but before you drip into cup use your tounge a few times up and down cat style and drool down the chin into the cup! IT'S JUST TO EASY!!! Unfiltered is the best!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    helllllllllllo!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

KIMBO[/b]