Meatball "Atomic Butterfly" Reish?

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Did Meatball "Atomic Butterfly" on De Wolfe get reissued or bootlegged in the 90s?I put this up for sale in the sales section. A guy e-mails me saying that he is interested. He asks for a picture of the label, and I send one, he replies that it is a 90s UK bootleg, and that the OG has the blue-red-white label design.The copy I have definitely doesn't appear to be a 90s pressing. I thought that the red label was an OG. Can anyone confirm if this LP was reissued, and if it was released with a blue-red-white label? Pictures of my copy:

Comments

• I just checked mine and it has the blue-red-white label design. No idea about the reissue though.

• Its not often I can be helpful with info.

Anyways, I dont know about the reissue / boot thing but mine has the red-blue-white label too.

Run-out groove on side A is machine stamped:

DWLP 3199A- 1 *T

I hope that helps.

Dress

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    mines rw&b too

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I have this, and I'm pretty sure mine looks just like the one in the pic, but it's a vintage press.

• The De Wolfe records were often pressed with either label or both.... several of there LP's can be found with either the RWB label or the red one.

• Thanks for the info. Allthough in great shape, mine looks to be an old 70s pressing. Perhaps the red label is a 2nd press.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    The De Wolfe records were often pressed with either label or both.... several of there LP's can be found with either the RWB label or the red one.

What he said.

Mines got the red label like yours, and its a definitely not a reissue.

• Thanks for the info. Allthough in great shape, mine looks to be an old 70s pressing. Perhaps the red label is a 2nd press.

It's very common for library companies to repress records once they ran out. Sometimes they came with new sleeves, new issue dates added, new labels, etc. It's far more likely that yours is a legit repress rather than a bootleg. It certainly doesn't look like a bottleg or a recent repress.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    bottleg