Unreleased Main Source 7" (DWG-R)

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the many people who wont spend $80 on a record

Then they don't seriously collect rap 12"s.

So incredibly laughable.

Hardly

It's no knock on somebody's knowledge of or love for rap music, but nobody who's not willing to go $80 on a record can call themselves a serious collector in 2009.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    faux, hope you didnt miss the beatnuts: intoxicated demos that just came out. (it sold out too)

sounds real good to me: http://www.zshare.net/audio/543645813457b5a2/
    not feeling the first track, but then shit gets crazy (and indispensable).

http://oneleguprecords.blogspot.com/2009/01/beatnuts-pre-orders-plus-godfather-don.html

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

So incredibly laughable.

Hardly

It's no knock on somebody's knowledge of or love for rap music, but nobody who's not willing to go $80 on a record can call themselves a serious collector in 2009.

So all the "dealers" who sell the $80 12"s, which they bought for $1 a piece and it's only their doubles that are being sold...they aren't "serious collectors"?

There are much better ways of acquiring records than paying top international market price by shop or internet. Plus, how many serious collectors already have the stuff currently selling for $80 in their collections?

I remember 10 years ago when PE's Shut Em Down was a $100 record. Now, it might sell for $5.

Woopty doo!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I read further up the post and see the $80 records here mean extreme limited pressings.

That's some nerd shit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I remember 10 years ago when PE's Shut Em Down was a $100 record.

Ah, the good ol days when "The Choice Is Yours" 12" = $75, easy!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

So incredibly laughable.

Hardly

So all the "dealers" who sell the $80 12"s, which they bought for $1 a piece and it's only their doubles that are being sold...they aren't "serious collectors"?

There are much better ways of acquiring records than paying top international market price by shop or internet. Plus, how many serious collectors already have the stuff currently selling for $80 in their collections?

I remember 10 years ago when PE's Shut Em Down was a $100 record. Now, it might sell for $5.

Woopty doo!

You have no idea what you're talking about and I don't know why you think anybody would be foolish enough to be drawn into an argument with you on this subject.

yeah, ooops

cosine above

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    The beatnuts and the kurious ones are quite good, but I just can't get over on paying $80 for a new 12" that I'll probably file in the racks and never touch.

I rather buy a new knife w/ that money, heh.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    For $80 I expect the rapper to personally shouyt me out on the song, and an accapella of said shout out to be on the 12 inch.....if not then its a rip

If you really dig them act, maybe worth getting it, (out of all those mentioned only Kurious would tempt me, but not $80) but to buy that shit for status or to be considered a 'serious rap' collector...thats bullshit nerd dick riding.

Plus I get a bit sus on artist releasing shit years later when they didnt drop it at the time of recording, sure sometimes its label politics, but it could also be that the songs wont that strong, so pay 10 times as much for outtakes/studio off cuts is a bit silly.

And aint nothing wrong with downloading (I got a cd burn of the lungbusters) back in the days i was super serious about my rap collecting and it was all on dub tapes....

im sure those artists would be touched to hear that you showed no support back in the day, either.

the lungbutters cd was not a high priced item and was well packaged.when you gotta burn that too...

the outtakes/off cuts is a valid concern IMO, but thats what snippets are for. i actually passed on the kurious project, despite being a huge fan of the LP. beatnuts sounded good enough to cop, juice crew was a definite, and the unique EP (another dwg project) was also very very strong.

also,i think you are confusing things with all the status/serious rap collector/gotta spend $ statements.no one is equating all those. but youre still a cheapskate bootleg copy leech.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    but youre still a cheapskate bootleg copy leech.

aaah, i partially take it back. that was mean. i get testy late at night.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i stand by the new business model for selling records. theres not much else keeping sales alive right now. you guys should try selling new releases in 2009... its some other shit.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    The only thing that gets me about some of these releases is the sound quality. It's a demo pressed to a record. For the rougher sounding projects, I'd prefer a cd release. At least it would be cheaper. DWG puts out a solid product. You can always order from them without worrying about QT.