Unreleased Main Source 7" (DWG-R)

DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Anybody check this yet? I just ordered mine. Between the mix and 7", I'm pretty psyched. Mix tracklist:01 - Sureshot La Rock - A Word From Our Sponsor [Intro]02 - Lord King Domino - Avenger Of Death03 - Kool G Rap & D.J. Polo - I Declare War04 - Unique - War Rap05 - K-Cut - Shout Out06 - Main Source - Bootlegging07 - Lonnie O - Mr. Dynamite08 - Special Ed - Taxing09 - E.S.P. - Get Up And Get Widit10 - Cool V - Shout Out11 - She-Rockers Crew, The - First Impressions12 - Captain G. Whiz - It's Hyped13 - DJ Koco - Shout Out14 - Super Kids -Stunt Of The Block15 - Super Lover Cee & Casanova Rud - I'm Back16 - Balli & Fat Daddy, The - Master Plan17 - MC Shy D18 - Grand G - Shout Out19 - Mr. Tuxedo & King Stro - King Stro20 - Phd - Without Warning21 - UBC, The - Take It To The Top (Needle Drop)22 - Godfather Don - Billy Bathgate23 - Unique - Shout Out24 - Unique - Crushin' The Weak [D.W.G. Mix]25 - Disco Beave - From The Projects26 - Kool G Rap & D.J. Polo - Enter The Dragon27 - J.D. Ranks - Make It Funky28 - Phill Most Chill - Live In The Studio29 - MC Rajah - Keep On Writing30 - Fifth Platoon - Hallelujah, The Fifth Is Here31 - Kool Slic - Words Of Justice32 - KGB - Letters Of Three

Comments

• its good stuff
    but doesnt compare to the juice crew project (or unique imo)

but there is lots of great unreleased things on the cd and the miami influence was novel (for me)

• Good lookin out.
    I just ordered mine too.
    Can't wait!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It's funny they got a She-Rockers tune on there. I remember seeing them open for De La in '89. I might even still have the album that tune's from somewhere.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i gots it. the joints are bangin' hoard. also got them secret lungbutters mix joint. vinyl piece of the stuff that was left off. no pete rock remix though. haha.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    its good stuff
    but doesnt compare to the juice crew project (or unique imo)

Haven't heard these. Is there a place where Real Headz might check them?

• i think theres mp3s of its on the internets
    dwg heads are understandably not too happy about some of the values of the mp3 posters, but for what its worth the wax sold out

you gotta check that shit out
    ODub posted some clips on his site w/reviews
    the GRap joints are retarded
    stunt of the block sounds like superkids live at hiphop usa and the bridge
    bdk is in prime form
    and the craig g has the retarded cant miss jackson sisters revving the engine
    its juice crew at its finest, not some lost c-sides

thats my lowbudget review

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    i agree - it's a good price for a whole bunch of tracks, on vinyl and cd - that you probably haven't heard before.

> vinyl piece of the stuff that was left off.

ooh, sounds tough. any tips on the tracks?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    In case anyone's curious to hear what the Main Source stuff is like, here's part of "Bootleggin".

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    just copped it. thanks for the heads up guys!

• if anyone has that Lord King Domino, Lonnie O or Disco Beave they fancy parting with, let me know.

Love that MC Shy D track on Lungbutters aswell, shame its some TP only ish that Shy D doesnt even remember recording

• is it better to order via the dwg website or the waxpoetics link above?

is the 7inch on a limited run like the other dwg releases?

im kicking myself for sleeping on the cold chillin release.

• It's funny they got a She-Rockers tune on there. I remember seeing them open for De La in '89. I might even still have the album that tune's from somewhere.

I didn't know that song before, but I like it (the one on Lungbutters).

• if anyone has that Lord King Domino, Lonnie O or Disco Beave they fancy parting with, let me know.

Love that MC Shy D track on Lungbutters aswell, shame its some TP only ish that Shy D doesnt even remember recording
    j,im gonna get disco beave for you. i got a feeling. even though you hate on the chief.

lord domino is niice.dwg office is always pulling some new shit out a nowhere

• i have been spinning this for a while now.

the 7" is really dope and makes me want to listen to more unreleased main source material!

the mix-cd is done in style and there are a lot of great tunes on it but i wish some of the titles were played in their full lenght...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Has anybody IDed the four tracks on the secret supplemental downloadable mix?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Where can I buy this? Is it downloadable or do I have to buy the records?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    it comes with purchase of the lungbutters cd mix (very good)
    may be downloadable somewhere on the internet, but that practice is probably frowned upon, since artists are getting fair proceeds and dwg guys are good people

may be downloadable somewhere on the internet, but that practice is probably frowned upon, since artists are getting fair proceeds and dwg guys are good people

Yeah but when you're pressing up vinyl only in limited quantity, isn't it inevitable for digital bootlegging to take place once copies run out?

Man, I wish they'd pressed up more copies of the Juice Crew EP--I didn't even know it existed until it was too late, and I'm sure there are lots of other people in the same boat.

Seems like the market for this release extends way beyond that for unreleased Godfather Don tracks and stuff like that.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

Yeah but when you're pressing up vinyl only in limited quantity, isn't it inevitable for digital bootlegging to take place once copies run out?

The Main Source 7" & Lungbutters Mix CD aren't limited joints so everyone can still grab this at a very reasonable price, with no excuse for

Man, I wish they'd pressed up more copies of the Juice Crew EP--I didn't even know it existed until it was too late, and I'm sure there are lots of other people in the same boat.

Seems like the market for this release extends way beyond that for unreleased Godfather Don tracks and stuff like that.

They did increase the numbers of the Juice Crew EPs over what they had done before but I guess they didn't want to gamble on over-pressing.

They did increase the numbers of the Juice Crew EPs over what they had done before but I guess they didn't want to gamble on over-pressing.

Yes, but only to 350 copies.

The interest level in this release over something like Godfather Done is much more than just 200 additional people; it's a whole order of magnitude.

What I'm saying is that I understand their business model of pressing only 150 copies and pricing them at $80 for something of extremely narrow interest. But that model makes much less sense for a project like this.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

The Main Source 7" & Lungbutters Mix CD aren't limited joints so everyone can still grab this at a very reasonable price, with no excuse for

According to the packaging, there's only 500 copies of the 7"

The interest level in this release over something like Godfather Done is much more than just 200 additional people; it's a whole order of magnitude.

What I'm saying is that I understand their business model of pressing only 150 copies and pricing them at $80 for something of extremely narrow interest. But that model makes much less sense for a project like this.

I feel what you're saying. I thought it was 500 but even that might have been too low.

I feel what you're saying. I thought it was 500 but even that might have been too low.

I don't have any real basis for knowing this, but I feel like Big City alone could probably move a few hundred copies over time.

This is a pretty major release--I mean, is there anybody who seriously collects rap 12"s who wouldn't want a copy?

the many people who wont spend $80 on a record

Then they don't seriously collect rap 12"s.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Then they don't seriously collect rap 12"s.

So incredibly laughable.

you can get 90% of juice crew releases for under $8...maybe they are content

...and soft!!!!!

you can get 90% of juice crew releases for under $8...maybe they are content

...and soft!!!!!

I wouldn't call someone who confines themselves to juice crew 12"s a serious collector.