F*ck Republicans

124»

Comments

• When your kids school, and your local library, firehouse and hospital all get their budgets slashed, your public transportation gets even more shitty and expensive, and you still don't have health insurance, you'll know the markets are "working"....

Explain to me again why my federal taxes should pay for your local library, firehouse, hospital and school?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Because in our current situation, who else will be able to guarantee that these services continue? Or should we turn them over to haliburton or whoever else thinks they'll be able to turn a buck off what should be basic human rights?

• If you live in a (relatively) flush city like New York, then you can have good libraries.

If you live in Gary, IN you can read the back of your no frills macaroni box. It's got big words on it, at least.

• Because in our current situation, who else will be able to guarantee that these services continue? Or should we turn them over to haliburton or whoever else thinks they'll be able to turn a buck off what should be basic human rights?

Since when is a local library a basic human right?

P.S. Haliburton is so 2006. You need to find a new corporate boogyman my friend. How about Fannie and Freddie, they have the same cozy contacts with the current administration that Halliburton had with the old?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    So unlike the Ron Paul fan club, your down with helping build libraries for Iraqis, just not Americans?

• Since when is a local library a basic human right?

Truth. Only places with a good tax base can have libraries.

That's where the lies are buried.

• So unlike the Ron Paul fan club, your down with helping build libraries for Iraqis, just not Americans?

If Ron Paul wants to build an Iraqi library in your neigborhood I have no problem with it.

Unless it contains any of the following titles:

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
    A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L???Engle
    Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
    As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
    Blubber by Judy Blume
    Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
    Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
    Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
    Carrie by Stephen King
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
    Christine by Stephen King
    Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    Cujo by Stephen King
    Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
    Daddy???s Roommate by Michael Willhoite
    Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
    Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
    Decameron by Boccaccio
    East of Eden by John Steinbeck
    Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
    Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland
    Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
    Forever by Judy Blume
    Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
    Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer???s Stone by J.K. Rowling
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
    Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
    Have to Go by Robert Munsch
    Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman
    How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
    Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
    I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
    Impressions edited by Jack Booth
    In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
    It???s Okay if You Don???t Love Me by Norma Klein
    James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
    Lady Chatterley???s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
    Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
    Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
    Lord of the Flies by William Golding
    Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein
    Lysistrata by Aristophanes
    More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
    My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier
    My House by Nikki Giovanni
    My Friend Flicka by Mary O???Hara
    Night Chills by Dean Koontz
    Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
    On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
    One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo???s Nest by Ken Kesey
    One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    Ordinary People by Judith Guest
    Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women???s Health Collective
    Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
    Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl
    Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
    Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
    Separate Peace by John Knowles
    Silas Marner by George Eliot
    Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
    Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
    The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
    The Bastard by John Jakes
    The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
    The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
    The Color Purple by Alice Walker
    The Devil???s Alternative by Frederick Forsyth
    The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
    The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
    The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
    The Handmaid???s Tale by Margaret Atwood
    The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
    The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
    The Living Bible by William C. Bower
    The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
    The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
    The Pigman by Paul Zindel
    The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
    The Shining by Stephen King
    The Witches by Roald Dahl
    The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
    Then Again, Maybe I Won???t by Judy Blume
    To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
    Webster???s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster Editorial Staff
    Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween Symbols by Edna Barth

• When your kids school, and your local library, firehouse and hospital all get their budgets slashed, your public transportation gets even more shitty and expensive, and you still don't have health insurance, you'll know the markets are "working"....

Explain to me again why my federal taxes should pay for your local library, firehouse, hospital and school?

so that uneducated, unhealthy, citizens, who have constantly been denied decent resources won't become predators who terrorize overweight,obnoxious, slow-moving targets like yourself and your family

• f***ing republicans ,,, funking democrats

so that uneducated, unhealthy, citizens, who have constantly been denied decent resources won't become predators who terrorize overweight,obnoxious, slow-moving targets like yourself and your family

I'll live someplace where people can pay their taxes so there will be a good police force and lots of overcrowded prisons. Probably in a gated community or even in that gated community that always exists within the gated community.

• LOL. enjoy!

my old girl used to call those smurf villages

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    When your kids school, and your local library, firehouse and hospital all get their budgets slashed, your public transportation gets even more shitty and expensive, and you still don't have health insurance, you'll know the markets are "working"....

I'll live someplace where people can pay their taxes so there will be a good police force and lots of overcrowded prisons. Probably in a gated community or even in that gated community that always exists within the gated community.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

No. Explain to me why my Federal taxes have go to support all these RED welfare states--whose politicians run their whole dickbrained political philosophy around being over-taxed by the Government. LOL.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

No. Explain to me why my Federal taxes have go to support all these RED welfare states--whose politicians run their whole dickbrained political philosophy around being over-taxed by the Government. LOL.

Did the guy who put this together know that the big state bottom center is Texas??

Apparently not.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    What?

What?

"Note: Texas & Florida break even at $1.00 per Federal tax dollar"

Smack in the middle of Texas it says $0.98

What?

The caption says that Texas gets a dollar in federal aid for dollar in taxes.
    The map says Texas gets .98c for every dollar.

• What?

That's the current exchange rate between Texas and the United States

• What?

He says '~1.00,' which I took to mean that Texas was included, as it was statistically close enough to qualify.

This probably gets in to stats and margin of error science that most of us aren't qualified to judge.

There is no plan to "pay for library, firehouse, hospital and school with federal taxes".

You are probably referring to provisions in the Stimulus Package that would go to repairing crumbling local libraries.
    Or to money that would go to making public buildings more energy efficient.

The reasons are many.
    1) It would stimulate the economy.
    2) It would rebuild our crumbling infrastructure.
    3) It would reduce dependence on foreign oil.
    4) It would provide poor rural and urban communities with the libraries, firehouses, hospitals and schools their communities need. Other wise the trend of library, firehouse, hospital and school closings in rural and urban communities will continue.

I imagine your question was rhetorical.
    Your point is you will oppose the president what ever he does.
    Like the Rs in congress who for 8 years did not see a spending bill they didn't like all the sudden voting in goosestep against the Stimulus Package simply because they are out of power.

So I will say to what this thread says to them.

What?

He says '~1.00,' which I took to mean that Texas was included, as it was statistically close enough to qualify.

This probably gets in to stats and margin of error science that most of us aren't qualified to judge.

Nah....Oregon says $1.00.

What?

No it is just a poor use of stats.

Oregon and Florida are the 2 states at a dollar.

What gets into the margin or error and stat science is how the amount for each state is determined.

Social Security payments included?
    That would certainly put the sunbelt states at a disadvantage.
    I am guessing SS is not included.
    That leads me to wonder what else is not included.

Isn't science fun?

What?

Nah....Oregon says $1.00.

You are too fast for me.

• I'll never defend a statistician again...

Check Alaska the biggest welfare state in the country.

At least it used to be.
    With Uncle Ted retired and a governor who will build a bridge herself if she wants a bridge, we will see that number come down.

I'll never defend a statistician again...

A statistician and 2 other guys were hunting.
    They see an elk and the 2 guys shoot.
    guy 1: I just missed him an inch to the right.
    guy 2: I just missed him an inch to the left.
    Statistician: Got him right between the eyes.