Kickball vs Disc Golf vs. Flag Capture

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Which is more Hispter?Probably Disc Golf doesn't even belong on the list.

Comments

• i can imagine a group of giggling hipsters ironically engaging in a pickup game of kickball

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Which is more Hispter?

Dodgeball at the Spa =

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    ironic pick up games? There's a whole ironic league here in Williamsburg. That shit takes some real earnestness -- a word, apparently.

• i can imagine a group of giggling hipsters ironically engaging in a pickup game of kickball

There's been a weekly kickball game (in warm weather) in my town for a few years promoted by a certified card carrying hipster.

I may drop by some games this year because I have a yearning to kick the hell out of one of those damned red balls (if for no other reason than just to hear that noise again).

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    i can imagine a group of giggling hipsters ironically engaging in a pickup game of kickball

We played kickball sometimes in college. It was usually late at night, drunk in the middle of the quad. It was fun. I don't think it's exclusive to hipsters, but then, that was before people were using the term hipster left and right.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    haha you fell for my cunning trap!

haha you fell for my cunning trap!

Damn! I should have gone with Ackbar.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    aka "football rounders".

I heard the softball league tries to hit you on purpose!

• I'd love to play some kickball. Change in the toe of my shoe and all!

• kickball on ice while drinking beer is fun

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The most hipster of Austin hipsters was playing croquet like there was no tomorrow a couple/few years back. Not sure what they're into now...aside from lots and lots of coke.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Austin No Rules Hacky Sack?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I love capture the flag and disc golf.

My friend was telling me about sloshball. I guess it's just like kickball except there's a keg at 2nd and all outfielders need to be holding a beer.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The most hipster of Austin hipsters was playing croquet like there was no tomorrow a couple/few years back.

Yeah, the hipster crew I know most - um - initimately plays croquet. They
    played on my front lawn on the 4th of July and one game took something like
    5 hours. It didn't make for the most entertaining viewing.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Kickball is mad fun, and it gets people of varying athletic abilities playing together. Shit, even someone as frail and pre-pubescent as faux rillz could probably play.

Capture the flag is only fun at night with flashlights.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

and only if you are younger than 14 years old.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

and only if you are younger than 14 years old.

Or old and on LSD. Or just into running around getting crazy and having fun.

• I love capture the flag and disc golf.

My friend was telling me about sloshball. I guess it's just like kickball except there's a keg at 2nd and all outfielders need to be holding a beer.

that's what i was referring to, didn't know it had a name, i played on ice though, i've played the same game in the summer at parties but instead we played wiffle ball, capture the flag is cool with paint ball guns, disc golf is ok (i actually witnessed the world championship about 6-7 years ago, the pros are awesome) my favorite game though is bocce ball

• anyone ever heard of basketball?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Basketball doesn't leave enough time for goofing off, smoking weed, or drinking booze. It also doesn't accomodate teams of 20+. Basketball is fun, but it doesn't have the same social aspect.

• "Basketball doesn't leave enough time for goofing off, smoking weed, or drinking booze"

I played more than one game of 40oz "21" back in the day (playing full games of 21 w/ a 40 in your hand at all times).

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    "Basketball doesn't leave enough time for goofing off, smoking weed, or drinking booze"

I played more than one game of 40oz "21" back in the day (playing full games of 21 w/ a 40 in your hand at all times).

Ok, I stand corrected. But, kickball is naturally boozy. It's irregular if participants aren't drinking I think.

The most hipster of Austin hipsters was playing croquet like there was no tomorrow a couple/few years back.

Yeah, the hipster crew I know most - um - initimately plays croquet. They
    played on my front lawn on the 4th of July and one game took something like
    5 hours. It didn't make for the most entertaining viewing.

I have also played croquet and bocci within the past year. Usually at barbeques. While the hipsters may have adopted croquet, it is still not exclusive to them. Hell, I was playing with my friend's mom and aunt.

• Here in the austin neighborhood I live in there are hipsters playing kickball in the park across the street every sunday night without fail for the last few years.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    theres a local kickball league here in the summer. local businesses sponsor teams, little league style. everyone has a good time, it brings people in the community together, and theres a charity fundraiser after the season. but if you'd just like to call people hipsters and make fun of em for playing kickball, be my guest....

theres a local kickball league here in the summer. local businesses sponsor teams, little league style. everyone has a good time, it brings people in the community together, and theres a charity fundraiser after the season. but if you'd just like to call people hipsters and make fun of em for playing kickball, be my guest....

So, all the hipsters in my neighborhood seem to be wearing pants and shoes these days. What's more hipster???pants or shoes? I'm leaning towards shoes.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Once they find out I've been playing Bocce, Ill never be able to get a bocce lane in this town again.

• theres a local kickball league here in the summer. local businesses sponsor teams, little league style. everyone has a good time, it brings people in the community together, and theres a charity fundraiser after the season. but if you'd just like to call people hipsters and make fun of em for playing kickball, be my guest....

I'm not sure if this is in response to my post or not...but I'm not trying to denegrate anyone. It's just these folks playing kickball near my house everyweek are all young 20 somethings rocking the most ironic 80's styles ever. I ain't hatin'...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Misleading thread title alert: I clicked on this junk thinking it was going to relate to Project Blowed and/or Ninjafish.