HOOD 2 HOOD

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Who has seen this? Holy shit. Voyeurism at its finest:Hood 2 Hood, The Blockumentary is an action packed film that takes you on a tour through America???s highest crime rated neighborhoods. Rich Kid Entertainment contacted all the underground hood connections from hoods across the country from California to New York, to the South and Midwest. Their connections opened the doors to their hoods and allowed them to capture the day-to-day actions of life in a crime-infested neighborhoods. Film crews have never had access to footage like this, that includes everything from several pounds of marijuana and kilos of cocaine, fully automatic assault rifles, beatdowns, and thousands in cash earned in drug sales.They traveled to over 29 different cities and neighborhoods that included the actual neighborhoods of today???s top rap artists such as EMINEM (8 MILE), JAY-Z (MARCY PROJECTS), SUGE KNIGHT (ROSE CRANS ST), JUVENILE (MAGNOLIA PROJECTS), NAS (QUEENS BRIDGE PROJECTS) and many more. This film contains exclusive interviews with real gang members, drug dealers, pimps and killers. Viewers be prepared to witness controversial and violent never seen before footage. Hood 2 Hood, The Blockumentary is reality T.V at it???s best!!!!!!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Who has seen this? Holy shit. Voyeurism at its finest:

Hood 2 Hood, The Blockumentary is an action packed film that takes you on a tour through America???s highest crime rated neighborhoods. Rich Kid Entertainment contacted all the underground hood connections from hoods across the country from California to New York, to the South and Midwest. Their connections opened the doors to their hoods and allowed them to capture the day-to-day actions of life in a crime-infested neighborhoods. Film crews have never had access to footage like this, that includes everything from several pounds of marijuana and kilos of cocaine, fully automatic assault rifles, beatdowns, and thousands in cash earned in drug sales.

They traveled to over 29 different cities and neighborhoods that included the actual neighborhoods of today???s top rap artists such as EMINEM (8 MILE), JAY-Z (MARCY PROJECTS), SUGE KNIGHT (ROSE CRANS ST), JUVENILE (MAGNOLIA PROJECTS), NAS (QUEENS BRIDGE PROJECTS) and many more. This film contains exclusive interviews with real gang members, drug dealers, pimps and killers. Viewers be prepared to witness controversial and violent never seen before footage. Hood 2 Hood, The Blockumentary is reality T.V at it???s best!!!!!!

Are you getting paid to hype this up?

Sounds interesting though. Did they have Philly/Camden in there? Richmond California?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nevermind.

Los Angeles, CA
    Oakland, CA
    Richmond, CA
    Sacramento, CA
    San Francisco, CA
    Vallejo, CA
    Baltimore, MD
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bronx, NY
    Birmingham, AL
    Chicago, IL
    Compton, CA
    Detroit, MI
    Gary, IN
    Harlem, NY
    Houston, TX
    Jackson, MS
    Kansas City, KS
    Kansas City, MO
    Las Vegas, NV
    Little Rock, AR
    Memphis, TN
    New Orleans, LA
    Philadelphia, PA
    Queens, NY
    St Louis, MO

Some real spots up in there. Vallejo. Gary. Baltimore.

Las Vegas?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn, Jersey got hatted on!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn, Jersey got hatted on!

I bet you dudes were too shook to go to 32nd Street in Camden.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Sorry... This does sound like an infomercial. We all watched this at Aaron's house in Detroit the other night. FUCKED UP DVD with many quotables.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    MEMPHIS, TEN-A-KEY STAND UP!

anyone got a link for purchasing?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I got a copy from my soon-to-be-father-in-law. The punch line? He's in law enforcement and his department gave them out! If all those dudes on the DVDs knew that cops were watching this, they might've been a bit more cautious. "Here's where I keep my money--lemme just count this shit out. Yeah, that's a hundred grand."

I love that they interview Messy Marv and Guce in the SF segment. And my favorite part was when they were in Vallejo and the dude rolls by in his old school scraper bumpin' Keak's "White T-Shirts."

But the really funny shit is the half-ass "disclaimer" at the beginning that says, "The majority of these people are actors. The weapons and drugs pictured here are props. REAL THUGZ KNOW THA DEAL."

[SoulStrut Factor?]

PS There's a new E-40 song where he says, "With 8-flat screens watchin' Hood 2 Hood." INSTANT CLASSIC.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

search for it on Google.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sorry... This does sound like an infomercial. We all watched this at Aaron's house in Detroit the other night. FUCKED UP DVD with many quotables.

NO I saw that you just cut and pasted the caption from the streetgangs.com website.

At Fulton Street there's this guy that sells DVDs of just beatdowns. Like dude collected every beatdown ever captured on tape and sells them on the street. I saw it before, that shit is brutal.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Must see Gary!

Where can I peep this? Surely not Netflix...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i'm still waiting for the Normandy Park, WA episode...

the cops there used to drive volvos... no joke.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Nevermind.

Los Angeles, CA
    Oakland, CA
    Richmond, CA
    Sacramento, CA
    San Francisco, CA
    Vallejo, CA
    Baltimore, MD
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bronx, NY
    Birmingham, AL
    Chicago, IL
    Compton, CA
    Detroit, MI
    Gary, IN
    Harlem, NY
    Houston, TX
    Jackson, MS
    Kansas City, KS
    Kansas City, MO
    Las Vegas, NV
    Little Rock, AR
    Memphis, TN
    New Orleans, LA
    Philadelphia, PA
    Queens, NY
    St Louis, MO

Some real spots up in there. Vallejo. Gary. Baltimore.

Las Vegas?

Hmmmm. No SE Washington DC?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

I love that they interview Messy Marv and Guce in the SF segment. And my favorite part was when they were in Vallejo and the dude rolls by in his old school scraper bumpin' Keak's "White T-Shirts."

CO-SIGN. My boy that works at FTC was on this hype a few months ago. It starts in Frisco and heads east from there. I liked the Frisco and Harlem segs the most. Hard to sit through the whole thing though. Shit's definitely

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

NO I saw that you just cut and pasted the caption from the streetgangs.com website.

At Fulton Street there's this guy that sells DVDs of just beatdowns. Like dude collected every beatdown ever captured on tape and sells them on the street. I saw it before, that shit is brutal.

Dude, go to Beat Street and they got like 7 volumes of those, including female versions as well as the all time classic bum fights.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

"Facinating, it's like going to the zoo!"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

cosign. this movie sounds pretty expoloitative. like back in elizabethan england when they used to charge admission to the mental wards so people could peep the crazy folks for fun. messed up. i still want to peep this though; can`t front.

cosign. this movie sounds pretty expoloitative. like back in elizabethan england when they used to charge admission to the mental wards so people could peep the crazy folks for fun. messed up. i still want to peep this though; can`t front.

Yeah, I'd watch it if it was on tv. Or at least check it out for a few mins. Still though, sounds shitty to me.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Anyone notice the shit is 5 hours[/b]!

The fuck?

That's a lot of drugs and guns and fights.

-e

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    SE Washington DC

• "Facinating, it's like going to the zoo!"

I'm sure a lot of ignorant people go to the Toledo Zoo and think "Ah hah ha ha, look at at all those funny caged animals. Stupid tiger. Stupid lemur."

and some think "Wow! I've never seen a lemur before. It's so sad they're caged and an endangered species too. I'm going home to work on environmental issues and help the Lemurs"

and some think "Man, all this wildlife from around the world is interesting, all I see is coyotes and raccoons. There's a lot more out there in the world. I guess it takes all kinds of wildlife to make the world go round. Look! Lemurs! Cool."

and some think "Man I wish I could have a ringed tail and swing around and jack off all day. I wish I was a lemur."

Just 'cause something's exploitive doesn't mean it's evil. It's what you get out of it. Yeah that shit was entertaining. Yeah that shit was depressing. Yeah it was raw. Yeah some of it was downright funny. Check it out if you get the chance. If you are somebody that has that extra special ability to make up your mind before you read/see/hear something, don't watch it.

some people never go to the zoo, they just sit around and talk about how stupid it is and how everyone who goes is so inferior to them.

I enjoyed it. I had no idea California had so many tough neighborhoods, especially the Bay Area. Clown on me all you want but I always thought California was all moonbeams and rainbows. Not anymore.

And Detroit was in it. Nuff said.

Deep beats and deep crates,
    SonicReducer

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    SE Washington DC

f**** is that for real? where?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    SE Washington DC

f**** is that for real? where?

There are spots in SE that when enough white folks find out exist, it will be all over. Tax rates will go up, PG will swell with more poor black people who can't afford even SE DC, and Anacostia will be the new Capital Hill. Already happening.

There are spots in SE that when enough white folks find out exist, it will be all over. Tax rates will go up, PG will swell with more poor black people who can't afford even SE DC, and Anacostia will be the new Capital Hill. Already happening.

Hey, when do rich black and hispanic people get to "find out" about a neighborhood? Are they perpetually in the dark? Are they under the notion that all people of color must live in the same neighborhood?

Inquiring minds want to know.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

did they do South Memphis(Missisippi Blvd., south 3rd) or Frayser(the new up and coming ghetto)?

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    it aint real if IRVINGTON,EAST ORANGE,NEWARK,NJ aint in there!fo sho
    JUST LAST WEEK A COP GOT SHOT IN THE DOME PIECE FOR TRYING TO BREAK UP TWO GIRLS FIGHTING,ONE OF THE ALLEDGED BROTHERS OF THE GIRL FIGHTING SHOT HIM IN THE DOME!
    AMBER ALERT JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO,HOME KIDNAPPED HIS EX GIRL LED STATE POLICE ON A CHASE,LIVE ON NATIONAL TV.STATE POLICED MOVED INTO IRVINGTON,PART OF THE GANG SWEEPS,ECT,ECT

NO IM NOT PROUD,BUT I DO FIND RECORDS IN THESE TOWN,BUT DONT TELL SHADOW OR THOSE THROW NIGS

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Hood2Hood link

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I see Little Rock, AR made the cut.....Little Rock don't play...some of the hardest ghettos I have ever seen.

it aint real if IRVINGTON,EAST ORANGE,NEWARK,NJ aint in there!fo sho
    JUST LAST WEEK A COP GOT SHOT IN THE DOME PIECE FOR TRYING TO BREAK UP TWO GIRLS FIGHTING,ONE OF THE ALLEDGED BROTHERS OF THE GIRL FIGHTING SHOT HIM IN THE DOME!
    AMBER ALERT JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO,HOME KIDNAPPED HIS EX GIRL LED STATE POLICE ON A CHASE,LIVE ON NATIONAL TV.STATE POLICED MOVED INTO IRVINGTON,PART OF THE GANG SWEEPS,ECT,ECT

Welcome to the 11 o'clock news in every major and most minor cities in America like... nearly every day.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Hey, when do rich black and hispanic people get to "find out" about a neighborhood? Are they perpetually in the dark? Are they under the notion that all people of color must live in the same neighborhood?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Many of the wealthy/middle income Black residents(which from my understanding, used to dominate the area known as Anacostia) fled to tonier parts of PG County(namely Bowie,MD) when the crime and drugs began to get out of hand in the 80s and 90s. Many folks are still there. But routinely in DC White people are explicitly TOLD by other White people that crossing into Anacostia/SE for any reason is unsafe, let alone buying property. They are under the impression that the area is ALL bombed-out and poverty-stricken, which is not the whole truth. There are some of the most impressive views in the Metro area in Anacostia, and my point was, when White folks are no longer scared off by the label of "unsafe area" or "black neighborhood", there will be a run on the properties for sale, prompting a 'hot market', which squeezes out a lot of the lower income folks, predominantly Black, because they won't be able to cover rising property taxes.

Rich Black residents of DC have known for generations about the history of Anacostia, and it's value to DC overall. Most rich White folks in the area 'find out' about it. It's not something most grew up with. I am sure there are some, but I am talking mostly about those who come to the area in their adult life.