HOOD 2 HOOD

2»

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    because they won't be able to cover rising property taxes.

No annual tax increase limits in DC?

Actually, even if they don't, the tax increases would be tied to their property value, so all they would really need to do is a little bit of equity stripping to cover the increased taxes and just sit back and ride the wave of appreciation.

Rich Black residents of DC have known for generations about the history of Anacostia, and it's value to DC overall. Most rich White folks in the area 'find out' about it. It's not something most grew up with. I am sure there are some, but I am talking mostly about those who come to the area in their adult life.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Are you getting paid to hype this up?

mind reader

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

But the really funny shit is the half-ass "disclaimer" at the beginning that says, "The majority of these people are actors. The weapons and drugs pictured here are props. REAL THUGZ KNOW THA DEAL."

There was a report this morning on KQED about a bunch of guys who are being prosecuted as alleged members of the Fresno Bulldogs after their appearance in a DVD called Fresno Uncensored. Their attorney is using the "these are just actors" defense as well.

Suspected Gang Mambers Caught on DVD[/b]
    A judge is expected to arraign six alleged gang members today in Fresno. The young men were arrested after they appeared in a hip-hop DVD that local prosecutors say proves their gang affiliation.
    Reporters:
    ??? Sasha Khokha

Link to California Report archive, the starts at ~5:10

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

But the really funny shit is the half-ass "disclaimer" at the beginning that says, "The majority of these people are actors. The weapons and drugs pictured here are props. REAL THUGZ KNOW THA DEAL."

apparently, real cops know 'tha deal' too. they know that folks from the Town can't and won't be prosecuted using that footage. and due to federal law, they can't profile either. and in terms of how cops are using it -- a little birdie told me that seasoned vets of OPD are kind of "eh" about watching it since it doesn't show anything they haven't seen, but it's most likely being used to train new officers.

wonder if thugz know that deal.

still... i don't think this can be labeled "exploitative." at least not until MTV Films picks it up.