Dump Mylatency as Moderator

Comments

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    Honestly, some of you take yourselves and this board way too seriously. Wake the fuck up, get a hug, smoke something, read a book, breathing exercises, start working out, whatever it takes to lose the condescending vindictive feminine-like-sandals attitudes. Mark is a nice guy that loves music and wouldn't harm a fly.

I wince every time the brigrade of little girls stomp through with the venomous typing fingers and small balls. Its fucking Soulstrut. It is the internet. Its cool, learn something, share something, simultaneously a microcosm on whats great and terrible about music fanatacism. Get a clue and some perspective, seriously.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I have no idea what it being debated (is that the word) here. But as a point of information Lord Raj deletes whole threads with hardly a peep from the same people calling for Mark's head. More personal, all strut, no soul issues being played out here I think. Makes me glad I'm starting to wean myself off this addictive, time-wasting mess.
    No doubt. Mark's one of the coolest dudes on this board, what the hell did he do wrong anyway? Edit a racist slur? Good. Soulstruts goin straight down the toilet with all these macho ego dude's imo. Like the fuckin hip hop high school in here and shit. Still like trading with some of you guys but thats about it these days.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    revolution will not be televised??
    cuban missle crisis
    cuban missle crisis
    cuban missle crisis
    cuban missle crisis
    cuban missle crisis
    cuban missle crisis
    cuban missle crisis

stay tuned

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    stay tuned.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Come on, folks.

Look at it this way: when we're all 75+, with saggy tattoos, irrevocable man(/granny)-boobs, and mealy tricep flab, are we going to type something today that we're going to end up saying later on: "Jeee-zus! What a short-sighted dummy I wuz then. I should have let internet bygones be internet bygones. Those were real people on the end of that computer connection. People that ate and breathed and collected raers just like I did. Who knows where they are now? They could have been a good friend when I was still young and could dance to Kenny Hamber on De-Jac with my real hips. But now I'm just an old, bitter goof with all this god-damned vinyl. I'm decrepit, tired, and lonely. Where did all the time go?"

Later:
    "Now, Shasta, fetch me my teeth."

These are all just posts that are nothing but mist in the air.

Did anyone else catch this? Sheer poetry, folks. Let's stop fussing and fighting. Let's all drop trou and, as Meaty so eloquently once put it: "hang out with the wang out." (ladies is pimps, too. G'wan brush your shoulders off)

Translation (yes, I speak jive ): Y'awl cats is lettin' A-R-T sift threw yah fingaz jest faw sum nerd-azz biz-atchin'. Y'awl needs ta rawl 'n' flowww(www).

• Honestly, some of you take yourselves and this board way too seriously. Wake the fuck up, get a hug, smoke something, read a book, breathing exercises, start working out, whatever it takes to lose the condescending vindictive feminine-like-sandals attitudes. Mark is a nice guy that loves music and wouldn't harm a fly.

I wince every time the brigrade of little girls stomp through with the venomous typing fingers and small balls. Its fucking Soulstrut. It is the internet. Its cool, learn something, share something, simultaneously a microcosm on whats great and terrible about music fanatacism. Get a clue and some perspective, seriously.

dont tell me what to do.

• just kidding.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    just kidding.

no. no your not. The "soulstrut" revolution is in motion...

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Honestly, some of you take yourselves and this board way too seriously. Wake the fuck up, get a hug, smoke something, read a book, breathing exercises, start working out, whatever it takes to lose the condescending vindictive feminine-like-sandals attitudes. Mark is a nice guy that loves music and wouldn't harm a fly.

I loved this post.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Whoa.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    The issue is here is about altering what people have written - the only thing you've got on a forum is your own voice and opinions so Mr Moderator please don't fuck with editing people's posts. Delete threads, ban folk but never that, son. carry on.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    While editing a post like Tripledouble's is kinda WTF, Mylatentcy is not part of what's fucking up Soulstrut. I hope he doesn't become some scapegoat for bs. Dude is a cool guy & shares his knowledge of music with this community. Would it be bad to give the guy a chance? This is prolly just a joke gone arwy. When he gets back to the board, I'm sure he'll be surprised by this.

Peaceful Soultions & Learning Experiences in 2005.

h

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    While editing a post like Tripledouble's is kinda WTF, Mylatentcy is not part of what's fucking up Soulstrut. I hope he doesn't become some scapegoat for bs.

Agreed!

Here's the real question...

Suppose Mark is all like "wow... I really fucked up. I better ban myself!", could he do it? I mean he's like a moderator and everything.... I wonder if thats possible? I almost want to become a moderator just to find out if I can ban myself.... but not really. I am dying to know though.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I bet some of you dudes get together in the real world and only talk about the message board.

the dude and his girl posted here. probably some pillow talk involving mylatency and an angry fist shake.

I beg your pardon? I think you're out of line with that remark. I really don't appreciate your speculation about any "pillow talk" I engage in, and if any of it involved this place, I can guarantee you I'd be one frigid woman.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

1. Deleting one of fatback's posts because he was "getting sick of this thread"

2. Editing one of tripledouble's posts because T**y referred to him as "captain-props-to-diplo"

These are the ones I know about; it is worth noting that he left no indication in the latter post that he had altered it in any way.

LOL

Sorry Faux, try again

1. I deleted Fatback's post because he used the word "Jap" which is offensive to more than a few of our posters. I threw in "getting sick of this thread" because that was the general consensus.

2. I edited Tony's post from "captain-props-to-diplo" to "cheerleader number 1" a title given to me by none other than your NYC brethren Mr. Johnny Paychex and Sir Simon Rape Donkeys. It was done in JEST. I guess it's wrong to have "fun"

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW

BUT I WON'T STOP NOW

feel me?

Like I said when I started as a moderator, I'm about having fun and keep things clean during my stay in RAJ's house.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

2. Editing one of tripledouble's posts because T**y referred to him as "captain-props-to-diplo"

These are the ones I know about; it is worth noting that he left no indication in the latter post that he had altered it in any way.

LOL
    Sorry Faux, try again

1. Deleted Fatback's post because he used the word "Jap" which is offensive to more than a few of our posters. I threw in "getting sick of this thread" because that was the general consensus.

2. Edited Tony's post from "captain-props-to-diplo" to "cheerleader number 1" at title given to me by none other than your NYC brethren Mr. Johnny Paychex and Sir Simon Rape Donkeys

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW
    BUT I WON'T STOP NOW

feel me?

Dude, I feel you on point # 1, but point # 2 just seems a little strange.

Couldn't you've just posted something like "Yo, T, its cheerleader number 1" after Tripledouble's post?

It's cooler to engage somebody who's talking to you, rather than just edit them.

I appriciate the humor behind the actions, but its probably a better policy to let people speak for themselves.

No beef.

Respect

h

It's cooler to engage somebody who's talking to you, rather than just edit them.

No doubt, I'm going to provide more quotes/rationale behind more edits if and when they occur. Not trying to stir beef or anything, thx for the advice.

Peace to all Soulstrut hatters and lovers. You are respected.

PS: in the immortal words of AP

"fuk a hatter"

SAYONG

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

LOL

Sorry Faux, try again

1. I deleted Fatback's post because he used the word "Jap" which is offensive to more than a few of our posters. I threw in "getting sick of this thread" because that was the general consensus.

2. I edited Tony's post from "captain-props-to-diplo" to "cheerleader number 1" a title given to me by none other than your NYC brethren Mr. Johnny Paychex and Sir Simon Rape Donkeys. It was done in JEST. I guess it's wrong to have "fun"

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW

BUT I WON'T STOP NOW

feel me?

Like I said when I started as a moderator, I'm about having fun and keep things clean during my stay in RAJ's house.

No, you try again.

As to No. 1, I see that as some lame backpedaling on your part once you'd been called on it. If you did, in fact, edit the post due to racist content, then why didn't you say so upfront instead of justifying it by saying that you were "getting sick of" the thread? And if that was the "general consensus"--that the thread was sickness inducing--then why was it live enough to get to 7 pages?

As to No. 2, what you seem to not be understanding is that I don't care if it was your idea of fun--that doesn't make it okay to alter other people's posts.

As for the rest of you talking about "it's not that serious" and "there are more imprtant things in the world," please believe that I have real world business which I handle in the real world, but right now we are all on a message board and I am speaking on what I see as a fundamental problem with that message board.

As for the, "I don't see any of the people criticizing mylatency stepping up to moderate" argument: you might have a point if the issue were that mylatency didn't have sufficient time to pay attention to the board and those of us that were griping were griping that he was neglecting it. That's not the issue here, though--the issue is mylatency gratuitously altering people's posts, and I would much rather have no moderator at all than a moderator that does that.

Again, there really shouldn't even be a debate here, and I'm slightly embarassed to be a member of a community in which this is occasion for one, and even more embarassed that "aw, c'mon, you know he's a good dude" is a sentiment that has even entered into that debate. This sh!t is really pretty open and shut.

And that's gonna be my last word on the subject.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I've been away for a few days. I have been 100% happier in life since Mark took over moderator duties. It's like a Chevy Suburban has been lifted off my shoulders. Thank you Mark!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

LOL

Sorry Faux, try again

YOU CAN HATE ME NOW

BUT I WON'T STOP NOW

feel me?

No, you try again.

As to No. 1, I see that as some lame backpedaling on your part once you'd been called on it. If you did, in fact, edit the post due to racist content, then why didn't you say so upfront instead of justifying it by saying that you were "getting sick of" the thread? And if that was the "general consensus"--that the thread was sickness inducing--then why was it live enough to get to 7 pages?

As to No. 2, what you seem to not be understanding is that I don't care if it was your idea of fun--that doesn't make it okay to alter other people's posts.

As for the rest of you talking about "it's not that serious" and "there are more imprtant things in the world," please believe that I have real world business which I handle in the real world, but right now we are all on a message board and I am speaking on what I see as a fundamental problem with that message board.

As for the, "I don't see any of the people criticizing mylatency stepping up to moderate" argument: you might have a point if the issue were that mylatency didn't have sufficient time to pay attention to the board and those of us that were griping were griping that he was neglecting it. That's not the issue here, though--the issue is mylatency gratuitously altering people's posts, and I would much rather have no moderator at all than a moderator that does that.

Again, there really shouldn't even be a debate here, and I'm slightly embarassed to be a member of a community in which this is occasion for one, and even more embarassed that "aw, c'mon, you know he's a good dude" is a sentiment that has even entered into that debate. This sh!t is really pretty open and shut.

And that's gonna be my last word on the subject.

Faux,

On point 1, Mylatentcy did say that he edited the post because of racist cotent. He added that comment of being sick of the thread & I did think was out of place, too, but he did explain himself.

As for 2, I'm not so down with chopping up folks posts on a whim, I hope that doesn't become a habit.

I figure that the "Mark is a good dude" comments come from the fact that people think that he didn't edit tripledouble's comments out of malevolence. Guess dude is just learning the job.

Peace

h

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I bet some of you dudes get together in the real world and only talk about the message board.

the dude and his girl posted here. probably some pillow talk involving mylatency and an angry fist shake.

I beg your pardon? I think you're out of line with that remark. I really don't appreciate your speculation about any "pillow talk" I engage in, and if any of it involved this place, I can guarantee you I'd be one frigid woman.

Oh come on. He definitely could've taken it somewhere inappropriate regarding "pillow talk," but I thought Martin's remark was both humorous and benign.

SoulStrut is all about the light-hearted "Joshing" of our fellow posters. We kid because we love. In short: lighten up!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    A few points of clarification:

No one is saying that mylatency is not "a good dude."

No one is saying that mylatency "should be banned." Losing moderator privileges and banning someone are two very different things. Just ask Archaic (if only you could).

BONUS POINT: Can I become a "spelling only" moderator? Young Phonics and Guzzo are makin' me crazy. [A*am, you keep making references to lyracists. What the fuck are lyracs?]

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Guess dude is just learning the job.

and lets leave it at that.

and lets: 'dead the thread'

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Oh come on. He definitely could've taken it somewhere inappropriate regarding "pillow talk," but I thought Martin's remark was both humorous and benign.

SoulStrut is all about the light-hearted "Joshing" of our fellow posters. We kid because we love. In short: lighten up!

Sorry, I forgot to add my customary . I wouldn't have 1700+ posts if I didn't know a thing or two about "joshing."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    BONUS POINT: Can I become a "spelling only" moderator? Young Phonics and Guzzo are makin' me crazy. [A*am, you keep making references to lyracists. What the fuck are lyracs?]

Downt nock it btch

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Guess dude is just learning the job.

and lets leave it at that.

and lets: 'dead the thread'

seriously.

Dude, ask Fatback what he posted. Seriously, Fatback is a real good dude but he posted a joke that might be construed as a slur. HE POSTED THE WORD "JAP" when talking about Muro and JP. YES, I WAS SICK OF THE THREAD AND YOU CAN SENSE THE MALAISE WHEN READING IT. NO BACKPEDALING, I JUST POSTED THE EXPLANATION I FELT LIKE POSTING. DAMN, SORRY DUDE!!!! NO HARD FEELINGS, I VALUE YOUR OPINIONS, REALLY.

Point taken, I'm keeping my trigger finger on safety instead of having "inappropriate fun." Word to Ironfeet/Mango.

[/i]I am speaking on what I see as a fundamental problem with that message board.

Wow dude, okay sheesh, if it's that serious we can have a meeting when we get to NYC to hash out this fundamental problem. Better yet bring a gat and try to pop a cap in my ass. Saying, that's probably the only way to stop me from posting on here unless RAJ gives me a cease and decist.

This sh!t is really pretty open and shut.

Okay, wow. Once again, who made you judge, jury and executioner? Oops, I forgot this site was called fauxstrut.com, saying.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

'dead the thread'

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Better yet bring a gat and try to pop a cap in my ass.