Dump Mylatency as Moderator

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Hi T*ny H*bo!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

for real though, latency should read fauxs initial post well regarding the proper times to "moderate". he's new at the whole thing, so we should chalk it up to learning on the job. no big deal since it was a harmless conversation, so check yourself m*rk and work it out.

Truth.

I'm going to give him some time. The thrill of being able to moderate will hopefully wear off soon.

Hell, I gave TheMack a time out for talking junk. But that just seemed fun at the time. Glad he's back.

It's just a message board, folks. These are all just posts that are nothing but mist in the air. There are much better things to complain about, if you feel like complaining, but messageboard politics? Shit.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Hi T*ny H*bo!

yo *ermil*io!!! wassthedeal with the newmessican ladies?
    i gotta get back down there for real

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    wassthedeal with the [b[newmessican[/b]ladies?

For the umpteenth time....

ARIZONA!!!!

I forgive you, though. After a while, the desert all starts to blend together!

Herm

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

for real though, latency should read fauxs initial post well regarding the proper times to "moderate". he's new at the whole thing, so we should chalk it up to learning on the job. no big deal since it was a harmless conversation, so check yourself m*rk and work it out.

Truth.

I'm going to give him some time. The thrill of being able to moderate will hopefully wear off soon.

Hell, I gave TheMack a time out for talking junk. But that just seemed fun at the time. Glad he's back.

It's just a message board, folks. These are all just posts that are nothing but mist in the air. There are much better things to complain about, if you feel like complaining, but messageboard politics? Shit.

Naw, D**e, I gotta disagree with you.

I know "It's just a message board" is a favored mantra around here, and it's one I support when it comes to situations like some anonymous interdude clowning one's taste in records. But, at the same time, every person that posts here should be able to have confidence that his or her posts are not going to be gratuitously altered. I value the community we have here--I actually do view it as something more than "just a message board"--and nothing is more damaging to the fabric of this community than the schitt Mylatency pulled. Seriously, the dude has committed about as serious a transgression as a moderator can commit and I'm not into the idea of sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it. He needs to be dumped.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wassthedeal with the [b[newmessican[/b]ladies?

For the umpteenth time....

ARIZONA!!!!

I forgive you, though. After a while, the desert all starts to blend together!

Herm

doh!
    you mean tucsons not in newmex?
    im a idiot.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Seriously, the dude has committed about as serious a transgression as a moderator can commit and I'm not into the idea of sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it. He needs to be dumped.

wow.

chill out, dude.

let young mork learn the way of the force. he is just trigger happy. give the man a second chance.

"as serious a transgression"
    "sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it"
    "he needs to be dumped"

obviously yer buttons got pushed. but strong words for some little shit. not trying to stir it up. but ree-lax.

ready for fire. but seriously no need.

WHAT's UP T*NY 2X ... you working on that sustainable house yet? hope summer is coolin' off in Philly. it's hot in NOLA.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I'm not into the idea of sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it.

Faux.
    I think with this post you started, he might get the point. I'm all for 2nd chances. He's new on scene, and I think after reading all of this, he will be a bit more cautious. You have to accept that people make mistakes, and I for one, believe they can be learned from, and we can all move on.

1st offense he chalks up to a racist comment. Understood.
    2nd offense - who gives a fuck? I agree that doing petty things like this isn't cool, but at the end of the day, it's meaningless, and I have the feeling that was his first and last "abuse" of "power".

If he chooses to continue that behavior, then fine, gone. But I'm not counting on it, nor am I waiting anxiously watching for him to slip. That doesn't fit into my lifestyle.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    am I the only one who thinks this was a poor attempt at self-depreciating humor? I'm not trying to speak for dude, but it seems he wasn't trying to change the content of the post, or it's jab at him, but rather continue it by using cheerleader, a term that's been thrown at him on this board in the past.

That said, it's pretty clear that noone wants to see their words (or those of the folks they interact with here) fucked with, which shouldn't even have to be questioned. A more appropriate means would have been to quote with bold text for what was changed. I definitly agree with the importance of knowing you can post without frivolous edits. ya heard, dude?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Seriously, the dude has committed about as serious a transgression as a moderator can commit and I'm not into the idea of sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it. He needs to be dumped.

wow.

chill out, dude.

let young mork learn the way of the force. he is just trigger happy. give the man a second chance.

"as serious a transgression"

"sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it"

"he needs to be dumped"

obviously yer buttons got pushed. but strong words for some little shit. not trying to stir it up. but ree-lax.

ready for fire. but seriously no need.

WHAT's UP T*NY 2X ... you working on that sustainable house yet? hope summer is coolin' off in Philly. it's hot in NOLA.

Sorry.

Don't agree.

Dude f**ked (twice) up in a way that demonstrates he's wholly unsuited to being a moderator.

He doesn't get it, and he will do it again.

And when you accuse me of overreacting, remember that I'm not reacting to anything he did not me personally--I'm reacting to his lack of respect for the community.

There shouldn't even be a debate here.

Dump him.

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

When Raj asked for moderators, how many people offered to regularly monitor soul strut? I agree that posts should not be edited and rarely deleted. But unless Mylatency comes back and defends the principle of overediting, then what's the problem?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    m*rk is a good dude. this thread is gay.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    m*rk is gay. this thread is dude.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Well, now that the hip-hop community has weighed in, I suppose that we can finally lay this matter to rest.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    While I don't support censorship of any posts (I think people should freely challenge one another if someone says something they disagree with), I don't have a personal issue with Maarck...I think these two issues are being conflated a bit.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

f**ked

You are allowed to swear here without any use of self-asteriskization (?)

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I bet some of you dudes get together in the real world and only talk about the message board.

• But wait, what are the obsessive-compulsive escapists among us to do? Puh-lease, stop yankin my chain, bitches!!!

• yea dude i dont think so lets see if yer gonna spend time up on this shit " monitoring ". that shit is a task. i drop in when i feel like it. mark does this service for free. did he ruin your day or some shit? hay-sus. i heard the word CENSORSHIP. ha ha... that is laughable. whatever dude. CENSORSHIP is when the government shuts down a newspaper or wont let assembled protest happen. CENSORSHIP is not when some dude alters another dudes sentance on a website for FUCKING NERDS. give me a break dude! that shit is hysterical.

all y'all love your masogonistic and homophobic banter all day long. L.A.M.E. you guys should be debating the actual content of this website instead of this " HE SHOULD BE BANNED DUDE " bullshit. go suk and egg dude. thank god people actually give a fuk to want to moderate this bullshit. and now for the most classic soulstrut line of all time " I PAY TO POST HERE ". i dont think so dude! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!~

ap

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Truth.

Naw, D**e, I gotta disagree with you.

I know "It's just a message board" is a favored mantra around here, and it's one I support when it comes to situations like some anonymous interdude[/b] clowning one's taste in records. But, at the same time, every person that posts here should be able to have confidence that his or her posts are not going to be gratuitously altered. I value the community we have here--I actually do view it as something more than "just a message board"--and nothing is more damaging to the fabric of this community than the schitt Mylatency pulled. Seriously, the dude has committed about as serious a transgression as a moderator can commit and I'm not into the idea of sitting around and seeing how many more times he does it. He needs to be dumped.

1. AY YO! [/b]. Seriously though, why do you censor youself when you type "schitt"??!?! or "sh!t" or "f*cked up".

2. IF MYLATENCY WANTS TO GET BACK INTO THE GOOD GRACES OF THE PINK STRIPES HE NEED TO BRING BACK ARCHAIC AND MAKE THE_MACK_A_THE_MODERATOR.

3. Anthony Pearson:

Why do you always tend to look down your nose at this board? You totally have this "hollier than though, you guys are lame but i'm for peace and acceptance" vibe going on and it's lame dude. If you hate this board for such reasons THAN LEAVE. I mean if you really think we're a bunch of racists homophobic misyogynistics assholes why do you keep coming around and totally immerse yourself into "soulstrut". Are you masochist or something?

edited by mylatency*****

Just kidding

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I have no idea what it being debated (is that the word) here. But as a point of information Lord Raj deletes whole threads with hardly a peep from the same people calling for Mark's head. More personal, all strut, no soul issues being played out here I think. Makes me glad I'm starting to wean myself off this addictive, time-wasting mess.

• me glad I'm starting to wean myself off this addictive, time-wasting mess.

• but seriously dude my hostile reaction is part outrage, part humor, part bag-sesh, part instinct, part just goin off for the fuck of it and a big part WHATEVER DUDE... you see im just like the rest of you. i like to use soulstrut as a tool for the exchange of ideas and information but more importantly as an output. when i take a break from working i can just jump on here every so often and just act a fool or clown or get aggro or whatever.

someone attacks someone who i consider to be a personal friend of mine i stand up for the dude. thats all.

besides that... i happen to be down with soulstrut, down with raj, down with M*ark so whatever. i dont care for the occasional, or at times, frequent nasty ass disrespectful outburst against women or homos from a handful of dicks on this board. so what? is your solution for me to " take off " and " bail " or whatever dude? i just mailed out 50 free cd's to a bunch of heads... many of them complete strangers who post on this board or just lurk for fucks sake. i do this because i am down with soulstrut. if some fools up here want to talk about " punching a bitch in the face " or whatever just fine. dont mind if i pipe in and tell you its 2005 and you're an asshole do you?

for real though i certainly dont mean to come off like an asshole or have my behavior bum you out. i do not think i am jesus or some shit. jesus was barefoot and i am down with the humble man. calling for someones head on soulstrut is not very humble. i think you guys should bail your witch hunt on mark. thats retarded. no offense to the developmentally disabled crowd.

have a ghaye time on soulstrut and an exciting week.

ap

moderators note: I edited out my last name, don't get your pink striped panties bunched,

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    someone attacks someone who i consider to be a personal friend of mine i stand up for the dude. thats all.

A true homie. Props AP.

• besides... I PAY TO POST HERE.

H AH A HA HA HA AH HA AHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

• HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H AH A H AH A HAH AHA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    this thread is pretty bad. the "soulstrut" revolution will not be televised??

• this thread is pretty bad. the "soulstrut" revolution will not be televised??

make fun of it all you will but this is serious as shit. we are talking about the future of soulstrut here. everything hangs in the balance. the only analogy i can consider is the cuban missle crisis. stay tuned.